ECT What is the true root objection to MAD?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Yes--

The Fathers of the elect of Israel of the OT are the same Fathers of the faithful of the NT.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Paul writes to the Corinthian brethren--

1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1Co 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Gospel of Christ which MAD states Yeshua did not deliver personally to the world in contrast to Scripture's testimony:
The gospel of Christ was given by revelation of the risen, ascended, glorified Lord Jesus Christ to and through Paul. Why does that bother you? And why argue against what saith the scriptures concerning the gospel of Christ being before a mystery/ kept secret since the world began and why? Who are you to tell God not to keep the fact that Christ "died for our sins" a mystery so that the princes of this world wouldn't find out? You should be praising the Lord for this fact! You should be praising God for His wisdom!

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

And where would we be if God hadn't a mystery that concerned us? I'll tell you where; we'd be without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV)! So I'll not beg your pardon as I praise the Lord for the grace given unto Paul to preach the unsearchable riches of Christ to the likes of me (Ephesians 3:1-12 KJV)!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Don't pretend.

You say the gospel to the circumcised is not the same as the gospel to the uncircumcised.

LA
Get your language straight if you would like me to respond. Galatians 2:7 KJV clearly states that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto Paul just as the gospel of the circumcision was committed unto Peter.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

That does not change the fact that today one need trust the Lord believing the gospel of Christ for salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

Cross Reference

Get your language straight if you would like me to respond. Galatians 2:7 KJV clearly states that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto Paul just as the gospel of the circumcision was committed unto Peter.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

That does not change the fact that today one need trust the Lord believing the gospel of Christ for salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

What makes you believe they were different versions? Where do you get that 'understanding'?___ why do you even want to believe that?

heir

TOL Subscriber
What makes you believe they were different versions?
versions?
Where do you get that 'understanding'?
The gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto Paul, as the gospel of the circumcision was committed unto Peter. Two gospels right there.

why do you even want to believe that?
Why wouldn't I want to believe it means what it says?

IMJerusha

i wish i knew how to pick a phrase or sentence and respond to it. but i think i have to disagree with imj, in that, there was certain dialogue specific to the moment, recorded in The Bible. i know we all know that, but to say, that specific request by Jesus, is for me - today ? i still think i must be the one reading wrong or asking the wrong thing ? - :hammer:

Well, Patrick, my comment was in regard to Yeshua's teachings (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4199328&postcount=735) not the dialogue specific to the moment and I made that clear to Tambora here: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4199983&postcount=749

Levolor

i'm probably missing something but, i glanced at this recent exchange, what is the point here with Matthew 16:20 ? certainly nobody is saying that was a permanent, neverending command, are they ? Jesus was trying to not be killed sooner. imo - :)

I agree with you, Patrick. I too think that Jesus was extending the time till things erupted.

As for who is thinking that the commandment in Mt 16:20 is a permanent and ever lasting command... go and read further back than just the quote you are responding to in post #753 (you can just click on the blue arrow inside the quote box and it will take you to your original post).

I think you will find that IMJ is saying that all the commands are eternal and everlasting, and then Tambora pulled Matthew 16:20 out to suggest that all the commands are in question as to being eternal and everlasting... that IMJ is wrong about her claim that what Jesus has commanded are to obeyed for all time.

IMJ does agree, as I remember reading the conversation, that Matthew 16:20 wasn't for all time.

God bless.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You claim the gospel preached by Peter is not the gospel preached by Paul and they are different.

LA

john w

Hall of Fame
You claim the gospel preached by Peter is not the gospel preached by Paul and they are different.

LA

You claim just one piece of good news in the bible, and thus claim that Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Pre-empive strike: Genesis-Revelation KJV

So there.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes--

The Fathers of the elect of Israel of the OT are the same Fathers of the faithful of the NT.

Paul writes to the Corinthian brethren--

LA

Still cramming everything into your homogenizing blender, I see.

Context is important.

IMJerusha

Still cramming everything into your homogenizing blender, I see.

Context is important.

Are you requiring a different Mashiach then?...because in the One God provided, there is no Jew or Gentile, just a homogenous Body. In the context of Christianity, that's the fact!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you requiring a different Mashiach then?...because in the One God provided, there is no Jew or Gentile, just a homogenous Body. In the context of Christianity, that's the fact!

The Dispys need to keep a distinction between Jew and Gentile believers or their whole false system collapses.

The dispies go to Heaven before the trouble starts and then the Jews have to suffer the tribulation.

It is all just poppycock, because they are not taught by Christ, they just pretend they hear His voice when they do not.

LA

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you requiring a different Mashiach then?

Uh....no!?

...because in the One God provided, there is no Jew or Gentile, just a homogenous Body. In the context of Christianity, that's the fact!

Then perhaps you might want to climb back in th' blender and go for another cycle....maybe frappe.
To be logical and consistent, you should lose the 'Messianic Jew' distinction which you claim for yourself.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Dispys need to keep a distinction between Jew and Gentile believers or their whole false system collapses.

The scriptures make a distinction between Jew and Gentile believers.

Rom 16:4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.

The dispies go to Heaven before the trouble starts and then the Jews have to suffer the tribulation.

Perhaps you haven't noticed, trouble has already started.

It is all just poppycock, because they are not taught by Christ, they just pretend they hear His voice when they do not.

LA

The final arbiter has spoken.