ECT What is the true root objection to MAD?

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The means by which we are saved has always been the same. All men are saved through the work of Jesus Christ.

Is this what you mean by the "rules"?

The rules surrounding how we express our commitment to Christ have changed. They must have, given that for half of our history, He had not yet died on the cross.

I was merely using the word you yourself used for the sake of continuity. So you will have to answer your own question. I tend to steer clear of concepts involving rules because I am very much a relationship person in theological terms. There aren't do x and y and you will be saved kind of rules. For one person it might mean believing God when he tells you to sacrifice your son. For another it might mean following some provision of the law of Moses like taking your new born boy to the temple at 7 days old. For another it might mean disobeying the law and for another it might mean believing a street preacher when he tells you about Jesus and in your heart promising that you will go to church and find out more. Whether it happens before after Christ was born is academic.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You hang your hat on Acts 2:38 that has no power ot save anyone today and you have the audacity to say those who've trusted the Lord for salvation believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth aren't. :doh:

You trust in a doctrine and not in the Lord Jesus Christ.

You do not know Christ as Paul knew Christ.

You reject the teachings of Paul which speak of his being a man of the Spirit and you reject all of his brothers who do follow Christ and who are His Bride, the Church.

Get to know Christ and you will find He is directly opposite in character and words to that of John W and Saul to Paul and yourself.

You just do not know Him.

Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Mad is all about justification of the flesh.
"MAD" is all about justification by the faith OF Jesus Christ!

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

It's time to get the MUD off your glasses.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There is no talk of a changed life through faith in Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit. When talk of "change" is mentioned, this is interpreted as unnecessary works. This is what makes the mad movement a deadly cancer to the body of Christ and extremely heretical, and should rightly be condemned.

What would you suggest; burn them at the stake, or stone them
to death! Isn't that what they used to do with "Truthsayers?"

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no talk of a changed life through faith in Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit. When talk of "change" is mentioned, this is interpreted as unnecessary works. This is what makes the mad movement a deadly cancer to the body of Christ and extremely heretical, and should rightly be condemned.

Exactly.

MAD is an anti-Christ religion.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
You trust in a doctrine and not in the Lord Jesus Christ.
I trusted the Lord for salvation believing the good news that is the power of God to save me 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV and there's nothing you, me or anyone else can do to change it (Romans 8:38-39 KJV)!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Made up, false judge, with a false christ, and false gospel

And, don't forget, LA has an uncanny ability to predict the demise
of those who oppose his religion! I'm a prime example of that! LA
predicted many months ago that I'd be beheaded! It hasn't come
to fruition yet, but, he keeps hoping!

SaulToPaul 2

And, don't forget, LA has an uncanny ability to predict the demise
of those who oppose his religion! I'm a prime example of that! LA
predicted many months ago that I'd be beheaded! It hasn't come
to fruition yet, but, he keeps hoping!

Yes, LA is spraying down the guillotine with wd-40 as we speak, for you. And is attempting to lure john w to a steep cliff.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
He also 'predicted' another poster would be "burned to death!" Yet, to happen but,
LA keeps believing! And yet, another poster was to be shot full of arrows by a
an Archer! None of these has happened yet but, "Hope springs eternal in LAs
heart?"

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Made up, false judge, with a false christ, and false gospel

There is but one Gospel but you teach there are two.

You are not born by the Spirit into the Kingdom of God.

You divide believers into Jew and into Gentile, the very thing Christ healed together by the cross.

You say the gospel changed when Paul was saved.

Yet you have no scripture to denote such an important moment if it was true.

When you come to know Christ, if you ever let your false religion go, then you will be better off than the Moslem.

LA