What is the express image of God?

Ben Masada

Who is the expressed image of God? None and nothing. God has no image and according to Isaiah 46:5 there is nothing God be compared to. Besides, according to Deuteronomy we are warned to remember that on the day the Lord spoke unto the People in Horeb out of the midst of the fire no one saw any manner of similitude. So we must not corrupt ourselves into making a graven image the similitude of any figure the likeness of male or female. (Deut.
4:15,16)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Genesis 1:26
King James Version (KJV)
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

keypurr

Who is the expressed image of God? None and nothing. God has no image and according to Isaiah 46:5 there is nothing God be compared to. Besides, according to Deuteronomy we are warned to remember that on the day the Lord spoke unto the People in Horeb out of the midst of the fire no one saw any manner of similitude. So we must not corrupt ourselves into making a graven image the similitude of any figure the likeness of male or female. (Deut.
4:15,16)

I suggest you examine the first book of Hebrews

Posted from the TOL App!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hebrews 1:1-3

King James Version (KJV)

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

keypurr

Genesis 1:26
King James Version (KJV)
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

That should make you ask who is the us, we and our in Genesis. I believe that Christ (not Jesus) was with God at that time. Jesus did not exist before he was born but Christ was God's first creation. He alone is the express image of the father.

Posted from the TOL App!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That should make you ask who is the us, we and our in Genesis. I believe that Christ (not Jesus) was with God at that time. Jesus did not exist before he was born but Christ was God's first creation. He alone is the express image of the father.

Posted from the TOL App!

And in that my friend you would be wrong.

John 1:1,14

keypurr

And in that my friend you would be wrong.

John 1:1,14

That speaks of the Christ that was IN Jesus my friend.

Believe the Bible, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, that is when he came into existence. But Christ (a spirit) was with God at the creation. Christ in the express image of God, a spirit, God first creation. For all things were created through Christ.

This is the only theory that makes any sense BR. It is the only one that matches what is written. I know folks think I'm out of my mind but it is truth. Jesus was a man, Christ is spirit that spoke through Jesus. An express image of spirit would be spirit, not man.

Think about that BR, for over a year now I can't disprove my theory.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That speaks of the Christ that was IN Jesus my friend.

Believe the Bible, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, that is when he came into existence. But Christ (a spirit) was with God at the creation. Christ in the express image of God, a spirit, God first creation. For all things were created through Christ.

This is the only theory that makes any sense BR. It is the only one that matches what is written. I know folks think I'm out of my mind but it is truth. Jesus was a man, Christ is spirit that spoke through Jesus. An express image of spirit would be spirit, not man.

Think about that BR, for over a year now I can't disprove my theory.

Your "theories" are absurd! You have somehow imagined Christ
as being two separate beings! That's outrageous! Never heard
of that! Did you arrive at that conclusion on your own?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Posted from the TOL App!

Madness, utter madness!!

keypurr

Madness, utter madness!!

It would be to you, but for me its truth.

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Note that the son is an heir, how can he be God if he is an heir?

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Note he is the EXPRESS IMAGE of God, God is spirit not man. Christ is spirit. He was given the power of the Father. Also note that an image is a creation.

Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Note: He is greater than angles, he created them.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Note again, he is the image of the INVISIBLE God, the FIRSTBORN of every creature.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Note: He created all things for his Father.

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Note: He was a form of god, an agent of God. A spirit.

Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Note: He dwelled in Jesus at his baptism. Acts 10:38, see the word "power" and the Holy Spirit.

Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Note: That is when he went into a man, Jesus the flesh son of God. God cannot die so God sent the son he had in heaven to die for us.

Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Note: GOD exalted him, Jesus Christ did not exalt himself.

Yep, I must be crazy thinking you and others who are so trying to defend the churches that you close your eyes to God's words.

GM, try to open your mind to what may be and not what uneducated forefathers taught. They would still think the world is flat.

Ps82

Answer to the question: Who is the express image of God?
Of course, it is said that Jesus was the express image of God... but then what is the image of God?

IT was first mentioned in Gen. 1 as being the one image that belonged to God (God, who was described as a collective of infinite nature by the used of the collective noun Elohiym). Therefore the one image of God belonged to the ONE God, who was also discussed as "we, us, and our.

ONE spiritual God ... having ONE visible image

The image is not God ... but was created by God for making his presence known unto created beings. IT existed before the world was.

God used IT in rare instances to reveal himself clearly to selected people.

The WORD of God, who was God and was with God within his invisible infinite pluralistic spiritual nature, shared this ONE image with God when HE appeared as the Father.

The WORD, being manifested as the Son of God, purposely requested within an oral prayer, which was recorded for you and me, that the Father give him the visible glory that he had shared with the Father before the world was. John 17:3-5

He asked this of the Father so that people, who knew the Father to be The LORD God of Israel, would understand that all the things the Son did and received came to him directly from God the Father.
John 17:7,8

Jesus bore the ONE image belonging to God when he dwelt upon the earth, but its glory was diminished by the essence of flesh... but when we see our risen Lord one day, the glory of God's presence will not be diminished any longer.

Jesus said several times that whenever anyone SAW him, then they had SEEN the Father. That is because Jesus looked like the image of the Father.

Colossians 1:15 makes it all clear.
(The WORD aka our Lord Jesus) Who is the image of the invisible God, (the image being) the first born of every creature.
For by Him (the WORD then appearing with the image of God in flesh) all things created ... were created by him (God the WORD) and for him (God the Savior).

Isaiah 43:11 makes things very clear because they are God's own words:
I, (the ONE spiritual God), even I am the LORD (the presence of God who appeared visually unto Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Moses... as the Father God of Israel), beside ME (being the invisible spiritual God and the visible image of God known by the name LORD) there is no savior.

Genesis 34 reveals unto us that the express image belonging to God the Father had a specific name: The LORD, the LORD God...

Now, you know that the image of God was created by him for his own use ... and was named by HIM as LORD.

The WORD came in that express image of God the Father LORD - but in flesh - and the Son agreed that it was appropriate to also be addressed as Lord.

The RISEN Lord will have the glory, which he had shared with the Father as the WORD, back when he appears again.

ONE God ... ONE image ... but God was able to manifest himself within, at least, twice as the visible image of the LORD. Once as the super-natural LORD the Father and again as the fleshly Lord the Son.

keypurr

Answer to the question: Who is the express image of God?
Of course, it is said that Jesus was the express image of God... but then what is the image of God?

IT was first mentioned in Gen. 1 as being the one image that belonged to God (God, who was described as a collective of infinite nature by the used of the collective noun Elohiym). Therefore the one image of God belonged to the ONE God, who was also discussed as "we, us, and our.

ONE spiritual God ... having ONE visible image

The image is not God ... but was created by God for making his presence known unto created beings. IT existed before the world was.

God used IT in rare instances to reveal himself clearly to selected people.

The WORD of God, who was God and was with God within his invisible infinite pluralistic spiritual nature, shared this ONE image with God when HE appeared as the Father.

The WORD, being manifested as the Son of God, purposely requested within an oral prayer, which was recorded for you and me, that the Father give him the visible glory that he had shared with the Father before the world was. John 17:3-5

He asked this of the Father so that people, who knew the Father to be The LORD God of Israel, would understand that all the things the Son did and received came to him directly from God the Father.
John 17:7,8

Jesus bore the ONE image belonging to God when he dwelt upon the earth, but its glory was diminished by the essence of flesh... but when we see our risen Lord one day, the glory of God's presence will not be diminished any longer.

Jesus said several times that whenever anyone SAW him, then they had SEEN the Father. That is because Jesus looked like the image of the Father.

Colossians 1:15 makes it all clear.
(The WORD aka our Lord Jesus) Who is the image of the invisible God, (the image being) the first born of every creature.
For by Him (the WORD then appearing with the image of God in flesh) all things created ... were created by him (God the WORD) and for him (God the Savior).

Isaiah 43:11 makes things very clear because they are God's own words:
I, (the ONE spiritual God), even I am the LORD (the presence of God who appeared visually unto Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Moses... as the Father God of Israel), beside ME (being the invisible spiritual God and the visible image of God known by the name LORD) there is no savior.

Genesis 34 reveals unto us that the express image belonging to God the Father had a specific name: The LORD, the LORD God...

Now, you know that the image of God was created by him for his own use ... and was named by HIM as LORD.

The WORD came in that express image of God the Father LORD - but in flesh - and the Son agreed that it was appropriate to also be addressed as Lord.

The RISEN Lord will have the glory, which he had shared with the Father as the WORD, back when he appears again.

ONE God ... ONE image ... but God was able to manifest himself within, at least, twice as the visible image of the LORD. Once as the super-natural LORD the Father and again as the fleshly Lord the Son.

How can Jesus be the express image of the invisible God if we could see him?
I think it is Christ (a spirit) that is the express image, not Jesus.

Posted from the TOL App!

Ps82

How can Jesus be the express image of the invisible God if we could see him?
I think it is Christ (a spirit) that is the express image, not Jesus.

Posted from the TOL App!

Okay, Keypurr, this sounds like a play on words response.

I'll say again:

Jesus was the Christ ... the Christ was Jesus.

The Messiah is the Savior... is the Christ ... is Lord Jesus.

People could not see the invisible spiritual God/Elohiym...
BUT people could see the Father God who appeared to Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Moses, etc. - who was known by the name of The LORD or YHWH

People could see the Father
When our Lord Jesus/Messiah/Savior/Christ appeared on the earth, he came baring the express image of God the Father who appeared unto Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Moses, etc.

What's the difference between Elohiym and the Father LORD God?
Not much ... except that Elohiym is invisible spirit ... but Elohiym knew how to create a visible body for himself ... and when Elohiym wanted to appear unto the eyes of men he used his bodily image and gave to IT the name of The LORD, the LORD God, YHWH. Mankind also has come to call him (God who appeared in a bodily form) Father.

You see, The WORD came into the world being God and LORD ... IOW, the invisible spirit of God + the image of God named LORD.

Isaiah 43:11 makes it SO plain.
I, (the one invisible God Elohiym), even I am the LORD (the name of the visible bodily form God used), beside ME (who is the invisible God who also appeared as the presence of the LORD) there is no savior.

Jesus was the savior/Christ/Messiah/the promised one from God; therefore, Jesus was the invisible God and visible image named LORD just as Isaiah 43:11 said he would be.

keypurr

Hebrews 1:1-3

King James Version (KJV)

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Consider that if His son is a heir he can not be God. I believe that Christ made the worlds, but not Jesus. God provided a body for Christ to dwell in, that is Jesus. Since It was Christ who made all things for his father he had to be the fathers FIRST creation. Don't forget that Christ is the express IMAGE of the father. Christ is a spirit, Jesus was a man. Christ went into a man and became a man so he could die. After God raised him, God elevated him to Lord.

That is what I believe BR.

Posted from the TOL App!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe that Christ made the worlds, but not Jesus.

Keypurr, would you please explain the following verse;

Luke 2:11

King James Version (KJV)

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

keypurr

Okay, Keypurr, this sounds like a play on words response.

I'll say again:

Jesus was the Christ ... the Christ was Jesus.

The Messiah is the Savior... is the Christ ... is Lord Jesus.

People could not see the invisible spiritual God/Elohiym...
BUT people could see the Father God who appeared to Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Moses, etc. - who was known by the name of The LORD or YHWH

People could see the Father
When our Lord Jesus/Messiah/Savior/Christ appeared on the earth, he came baring the express image of God the Father who appeared unto Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Moses, etc.

What's the difference between Elohiym and the Father LORD God?
Not much ... except that Elohiym is invisible spirit ... but Elohiym knew how to create a visible body for himself ... and when Elohiym wanted to appear unto the eyes of men he used his bodily image and gave to IT the name of The LORD, the LORD God, YHWH. Mankind also has come to call him (God who appeared in a bodily form) Father.

You see, The WORD came into the world being God and LORD ... IOW, the invisible spirit of God + the image of God named LORD.

Isaiah 43:11 makes it SO plain.
I, (the one invisible God Elohiym), even I am the LORD (the name of the visible bodily form God used), beside ME (who is the invisible God who also appeared as the presence of the LORD) there is no savior.

Jesus was the savior/Christ/Messiah/the promised one from God; therefore, Jesus was the invisible God and visible image named LORD just as Isaiah 43:11 said he would be.

But is he the most high God? No, his Father is. All power was given to Christ by his father.

Christ is a god but his father is his God. Christ is a creation for he is an image. Christ was IN Jesus, that is what made Jesus the Christ.

I think the Angel of the Lord took on many forms in the OT. There are many who believe that this is Christ (not Jesus) that might have done this. I tend to think that since Christ created everything, including Angels, that this is not so, but my mine is open on it.

Posted from the TOL App!

keypurr

Keypurr, would you please explain the following verse;

Luke 2:11

King James Version (KJV)

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Yes, God sent a saviour to us in Bethlehem. God sent his son, who would later die on the cross for us. Jesus was and is the flesh son of God. However it was his spiritual on that was in heaven who took over the body of Jesus at age 30 at his baptism. God needed to have a son in order to send a son. Jesus was born to hold that spiritual son Christ. That is why Jesus went into the wilderness for forty days, to adjust to the new power and knowledge he just received. It was only after he was baptized that Satan tempted him. Jesus became the Christ when He was anointed with Christ.

Posted from the TOL App!