What is the express image of God?

dave3712

No, three persons who communicated with each other.
"Concepts" don't talk.

Concepts "talk" to us in the form of our thoughts.

Angels, (i.e. messengers), deliver thoughts or messages that come into our mind.

The famous Jewish seer and bible expert, Maimonides, for example, talks about them, "angels," at length in his Mishneh Torah, Hilchot Yisodei HaTorah (Laws of the Foundations of the Torah).

While he meticulously classifies angelic rankings in his rationalistic system, Maimonides equates them with the Aristotelian "intelligences" that mediate between the spheres.

It is these "intelligences" that "talk" to us, and to each other as we debate in our mind what is the Truth out there, in the external real world.

dave3712

My question to you now is: If Christ was God's tool for creation, why did he give ALL the credit to God when he spoke in Mark 13:19?

READ!

Re post 420:

Once you entertain my claim that Christ is the personification of the ideal and concept of Truth, the question of giving God the credit for the actual Creation that Truth merely images inside our mind is easily understood.

Truth must correspond to what really does exist, but does not claim to have created the real external world which it creates as a vision inside our mind.

Read...
Read Immanuel Kant about this idea, where the real thing and the perceived thing are not exactly one and the same, but men can not actually separate them.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When you look into the sky at the sun, are you actually seeing the sun or the brightness (rays) of the sun?

Things we see are registered in our mind and used along with other information coming from the other senses in a process of thinking about such Data.
We form what we believe is the Truth about what is corresponds to external to our mind, and we behave and respond accirdingly, because we have faith in Truth.
That psychobabble didn't even remotely answer the question.

dave3712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambora
When you look into the sky at the sun, are you actually seeing the sun or the brightness (rays) of the sun?

dave:

Things we see are registered in our mind, and things used along with other information, coming from the other senses, in a process of thinking about such Data.

We form what we believe is the Truth about what it is that corresponds to what is external to our mind.
We behave and respond accordingly, because we have faith that what we are thinking is the Truth.

///

Originally Posted by Tambora

That psychobabble didn't even remotely answer the question.

dave:

Let me try again...

"The kingdom of God is within:"

Freudhead.jpg

1) Id = Lucifer
2) Libido = Satan
3) Ego = Mammon
4) Anima = Devil
5) Self = Beelzebub
6) Superego = False Prophet
7) Harmony = False shepherd
8) Conscience = Good Shepherd

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Let me try again...

"The kingdom of God is within:"

Freudhead.jpg

1) Id = Lucifer
2) Libido = Satan
3) Ego = Mammon
4) Anima = Devil
5) Self = Beelzebub
6) Superego = False Prophet
7) Harmony = False shepherd
8) Conscience = Good Shepherd

Where do you get this stuff?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Better get yourself a real bible so you can be on the same page as the rest of this site.

dave3712

Better get yourself a real bible so you can be on the same page as the rest of this site.

That was what th pharisees thought Jeus ought do because what he said differed from their take on scripture.

The medievil ideas that you espouse are not found in the bible explicitly, but are just repeated by what you insist makes sense to you, out of date as it is.

You believe that Truth must be a human to exist and that the Truth doesn't "talk" to people.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That was what th pharisees thought Jeus ought do because what he said differed from their take on scripture.

The medievil ideas that you espouse are not found in the bible explicitly, but are just repeated by what you insist makes sense to you, out of date as it is.

You believe that Truth must be a human to exist and that the Truth doesn't "talk" to people.

You need to get the psychobabble out of your theology. It mixes like oil and water.

egyptianmuslim

Those verse tell us that all these 74 men could see was the sign of the son-of-man in the heavens, the Planet Uranus which SYMBOLIZED the God never known before to all the world which had long worshipped the sun, the moon, and the stars:

staffofMoses.jpg
Yes, they saw the sign of God
I said before that the creation/nature is the face of God to us, simply because signs of God must be available to all Q 3:190 Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are indeed signs for men of understanding.

. Prophets`s miracles were seen by a restricted number of people and not a source of believing to the majority of human being.

Read

Re post 420:

Once you entertain my claim that Christ is the personification of the ideal and concept of Truth, the question of giving God the credit for the actual Creation that Truth merely images inside our mind is easily understood.

Truth must correspond to what really does exist, but does not claim to have created the real external world which it creates as a vision inside our mind.

Read...
Read Immanuel Kant about this idea, where the real thing and the perceived thing are not exactly one and the same, but men can not actually separate them.

Immanuel Kant, in his philosophical Critique of Pure Reason says that: “Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life. ”

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/11038.Immanuel_Kant

However, Proverbs 9:10 teaches that: "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding."

Both Proverbs and Kant refer to "wisdom and knowlege" but they disagree on the composition of wisdom and on the source of knowledge. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of both wisdom and knowledge" according to Proverbs 1:7 & 9:10; but Kant relates knowledge to science and wisdom to organisation.

You recommend that I "...read Immanuel Kant about this idea, where "the real thing and the perceived thing are not exactly one and the same, but men can not actually separate them."

Regarding this idea about "the real thing and the perceived thing (being) not exactly one and the same," I agree with this statement:

"Immanuel Kant's philosophy denies that we can know what reality is in itself. This position results in agnosticism; if we can't know reality, then we can't know truth"

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070815164921AAPjU83

Seeing how Kant is both ignorant of the composition of wisdom and the source of knowledge I have no wish to read any further his philosophy (Col.2:8).

You recommend that I "...read Immanuel Kant," but I commend to you "the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus" (2 Tim.3:15); and furthermore will tell you who it was that "alone by himself" (Isa.44:24) created all things and how he did it.

"The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens" (Prov.3:19).

egyptianmuslim

It Christ was given deity by his God, he would still be under control of his God. Being made a god he could could take the form of man and die? Philippians 2 calls him a form of God.

Does your faith accept the entire New Testament as truth or history? I know you see Jesus as a prophet but I just wonder if you hold to what Paul writes.
Only the words of Jesus(Gospel) is accepted by Islam but the problem is that you have many Gospels of Jesus

Paul and others are not more than philosophers who tried to explain the story of Jesus( phenomenon ) by their minds ,their hearts and/or their dreams but we ar`nt sheep. I think that Paul tried to understand why God did send Jesus to Jews he found no answer except giving importance to the death of Jesus. We know from Torah and Quran that Commandments of God are very clear and powerfull and usually He repeat it many times and no need for philosophers to explain it
Apart of Paul and his writings, can you tell me why did God send Jesus to Jews??
You speak with wisdom friend. But the Holy Books is given to us to try to understand him. It seems that everyone sees him in a different way. Even in the Christian religion alone there are many differances. I think no one has all truth.

Peace EM, its a pleasure to post with you.
Thank you, i`m old man
The truth is simple but philosophers confuses us.
Peace keypurr

dave3712

You need to get the psychobabble out of your theology. It mixes like oil and water.

How do you reconcile what you say here with the idea that Christ came to change our thinking, or "hearts," i.e.; minds?

What is your position on Christian Counseling?
Is that NOT in the realm of "psychobabbling," as you refer to the secular study and research into the disciplines of psychology and sociology???

dave3712

Can you list one or two of these "dangers" which are not merely dangers to the medieval and ever more archaic bible interpretations of men who formulated their teaching way back in the Middle Ages?

The "danger" is that the present nonsense preached by most churches and Islam are devoid of any Eathly good because they are so skewed towards a heavenly bent directed at amassing congregations of spiritually mind followers who become lost to them.

Matthew 23:15
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, pretenders (hypocrites)! For you travel over sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes one [a proselyte], you make him doubly as much a child of hell (Gehenna) as you are.