What is the express image of God?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Scripture does not tell us that GOD created a spirit just like GOD.
Nor does scripture say the Son was created.

It tells you in the previous verse so you don't have to guess.
The Son.

Yep, I hope that he sees it someday soon.

keypurr

Scripture does not tell us that GOD created a spirit just like GOD.
Nor does scripture say the Son was created.

It tells you in the previous verse so you don't have to guess.
The Son.

God is a spirit. What would the express image of God be?

Hint, another god spirit, a created one for it is the IMAGE of God, not God. It had the fullness of the father. The worlds were created THROUGH this spirit. (Heb 1 and Col 1)

egyptianmuslim

When Moses and the 73 others went up to thr mountain they saw God.

What Moses showed them was his discovery of an eighth Planet in the star filled heavens, one slowly moving as Planets do, through the branching sketch of the Constellations.

Uranus was then seen by these elders as a proof of a previously Unseen God, the God thereafter of the Jews and the Bible.

What do these verses tell?
John1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Exodus 33:20-23
And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:

And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 14 KJV
(7) If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
(8) Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
(9) Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

keypurr

Now Christ was created and could be destroyed ie is`nt God

It Christ was given deity by his God, he would still be under control of his God. Being made a god he could could take the form of man and die? Philippians 2 calls him a form of God.

Does your faith accept the entire New Testament as truth or history? I know you see Jesus as a prophet but I just wonder if you hold to what Paul writes.

God is the Only One Who is aware of His Fingers or His Both Hands, but i believe that the Holy Books( B or Q) ar`nt the original word of God but it is the word of God to human ie your words to a kid are different from your word to a man, God can talk and communicate with every things in the known and unknown world.
Q 18:109. Say (O Muhammad to mankind). "If the sea were ink for (writing) the Words of my Lord, surely, the sea would be exhausted before the Words of my Lord would be finished, even if we brought (another sea) like it for its aid."

Peace of God upon you

You speak with wisdom friend. But the Holy Books is given to us to try to understand him. It seems that everyone sees him in a different way. Even in the Christian religion alone there are many differances. I think no one has all truth.

Peace EM, its a pleasure to post with you.

keypurr

John 14 KJV
(7) If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
(9) Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Tam, if Christ is the exact image of God, the words still fit. God sent his son to give us some exposer to his person. He did not send himself. He tells you that his Father is the only God. God and Christ are both spirits. Jesus was the man who God gave the Christ spirit to.

keypurr

I can say things and it seems not very well that may influence your thoughts about Jesus. Only He can speak to you in such a way that you understand who He is.

You have influenced me a few time BR. Right now I am wondering why Jesus was call Christ at his birth. For the power was not given to him then, he had to grow in wisdom. Using human logic, why would God give that power to a baby? Christ is a god, he created the world, so I do not think he would make a baby the Christ then. But at age 30, thats when a Rabbi come into being. Makes me wonder if there was a translation problem or were the originals tampered with.

Never give up my friend.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You have influenced me a few time BR. Right now I am wondering why Jesus was call Christ at his birth. For the power was not given to him then, he had to grow in wisdom. Using human logic, why would God give that power to a baby? Christ is a god, he created the world, so I do not think he would make a baby the Christ then. But at age 30, thats when a Rabbi come into being. Makes me wonder if there was a translation problem or were the originals tampered with.

Never give up my friend.

Power was given him at his baptism through the Holy Spirit.

dave3712

Yep, I hope that he sees it someday soon.

Do you deny that Christ is Truth, and the evil spirits are liars?

Do you deny that for man who relies upon his mind's ability to understand the creation and his own place in it, Truth is his shepherd and savior from error?

How can people ignore that our salvation depends upon accepting Truth and rejecting lies???

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you deny that Christ is Truth, and the evil spirits are liars?

Do you deny that for man who relies upon his mind's ability to understand the creation and his own place in it, Truth is his shepherd and savior from error?

How can people ignore that our salvation depends upon accepting Truth and rejecting lies???

Where did that come from? :idunno:

dave3712

John 14 KJV

Remember that Jesus had just said in John 14:6 that he was synonymous with the concept of Truth.
He was an Ideal, a personification of that concept Truth.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, (even though I have been saying, "I am the Truth"), Philip?...

... he that hath seen me, (the Truth), hath seen the (image of the) Father, (i.e.; the ever unfolding Reality that gives birth to the Truth in its wake);
and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father, (when you have seen His image in my personification of Truth)?

dave3712

but there are three persons

Not "persons" but three concepts.

TRINITY:
Our Lord is (1) Truth, in whose (2) Spirit of mind we must commit our lives, in order to face the (3) Father of all Nature, The Almighty, the evermore unfolding Reality, within which we all exist.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not "persons" but three concepts.

TRINITY:
Our Lord is (1) Truth, in whose (2) Spirit of mind we must commit our lives, in order to face the (3) Father of all Nature, The Almighty, the evermore unfolding Reality, within which we all exist.

Persons, each has attributes of personality.

dave3712

All things were created by Him and for Him.

Colossians 1 KJV
(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Revelation 4 KJV
(11) Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Isn't that what happens when we see the Truth in our mind's eye?

The real world and real events of that world are created by the Truth in side our head.

Nothing that is untrue exists, so all things real are cretaed by the Truth.

dave3712

Persons, each has attributes of personality.

hmmm...

God is spirit, i.e.; like our thoughts, which are not persons, but immaterial ideas or concepts.

It is really a mater of seoarating the mind from the body, and distinguishing between these ideads that we call thinking from the material body we have learned is under the control of our mind.

If you were born again and could once more experience how you discovered that those wiggling toes were iunder your control and how your hands coukd be made to grasp things just by thinking about asking them to so do, then you coukd understand how a baby knows his body is a mere tool used by the mind.

The mind existed for weeks before recognizing that a body was availkable to it.
Spirit is mental.

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit, (in thought), and in (the spirit of) truth.