ECT What is Preterism

Interplanner

I believe you are right about that scripture.

However, is Preterism right about we were not meant to live forever? Is Preterism right about receiving a body at death?

I don't know. I doubt you can find one text/book that "Preterism." I am a historian. History first, because the Bible is historic reality first.

God's Truth

I don't know. I doubt you can find one text/book that "Preterism." I am a historian. History first, because the Bible is historic reality first.

I thought you were a preterist. So you do not know about preterism, yet you debate for preterism?

History is not before God's Word.

john w

Hall of Fame
I thought Genesis 1:1 (KJV) was when God created the old covenant.
The new heavens and new earth is the new covenant, apparently.

And...

"Christ Jesus is the Promised Land."-anti-Semite Tellalie

And he can thus "prove" anything, with these "spiritual" cartwheels, contortions, back flips.....

Watch his "response," that stumps everyone, part of his "trifecta:"

Don't you believe the bible/God/"Jesus"/Paul/Peter, and that all the promises are "yea" in Christ, like I do?????...I believe the bible-why don't you????.

john w

Hall of Fame
I thought Genesis 1:1 (KJV) was when God created the old covenant.

Genesis 1:1 KJV happened after Revelation....Chronology isn't important, don't you know, Mayor? You're in denial.

SaulToPaul 2

Genesis 1:1 KJV happened after Revelation....Chronology isn't important, don't you know, Mayor? You're in denial.

Thou hast well said, as you see in Galatians that the new covenant preceded the old covenant.
That is a curious thing.

john w

Hall of Fame
Thou hast well said, as you see in Galatians that the new covenant preceded the old covenant.
That is a curious thing.

And not one person, and/or dispie/MAD-ist, in the history of the world, Klingon empire, all of "Christendom," can answer any of Tellalie's questions!!!!! And we are all in denial...

Hmmphhh....

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It is.

And, knowing that the new heavens and new earth is the new covenant, isn't some recent fad like Dispensationalism.

People have known what the new heavens and new earth are for over 1,500 years:

"All authorities concur in the declaration that "when all these things should have been done" "The End" should come : that "the mystery of God should be finished as he had declared to His servants the prophets" : it should be completed : time should now be no more : the End of all things (so foretold) should be at hand, and be fully brought to pass : in these days should be fulfilled all that had been spoken of Christ (and of His church) by the prophets : or, in other words, when the gospel should have been preached in all the world for a testimony to all nations, and the power of the Holy People be scattered (abroad), then should the End come, then should all these things be finished. I need now only say, all these things have been done : the old and elementary system passed away with a great noise; all these predicted empires have actually fallen, and the new kingdom, the new heaven and earth, the new Jerusalem--all of which were to descend from God, to be formed by His power, have been realised on earth" - Eusebius, Bishop of Caesarea, circa 295AD

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,800 years ago:

"For if the heavens are to be changed, assuredly that which is changed does not perish, and if the fashion of the world passes away, it is by no means an annihilation or destruction of their material substance that is shown to take place, but a kind of change of quality and transformation of appearance. Isaiah also, in declaring prophetically that there will be a new heaven and a new earth, undoubtedly suggests a similar view.
"Origen, Principles, 2:6:4

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The old covenant was the heavens and earth:

(Isaiah 51:16 KJV) And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.

Deut 4:26 KJV) I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that ye shall soon utterly perish from off the land whereunto ye go over Jordan to possess it; ye shall not prolong your days upon it, but shall utterly be destroyed.

The new covenant is the New heavens and the New earth.

Right Divider

Body part

(Isaiah 51:16 KJV) And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.

Deut 4:26 KJV) I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that ye shall soon utterly perish from off the land whereunto ye go over Jordan to possess it; ye shall not prolong your days upon it, but shall utterly be destroyed.

The new covenant is the New heavens and the New earth.
Another wave of the magic wand....

God's Truth

tet., why won't you answer my questions? I would gladly believe what you are saying about preterism if you could tell me about a few things that concern me regarding your beliefs.

Preterism says that we were not meant to live forever. I believe that we were meant to live forever, but because of sin God said we could not live forever.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

Preterists say the first resurrection is when we are saved. I believe that. However, preterists also say we have our resurrected bodies when we die. How is this body different than our spirit?

If there will not be a new earth, why does the scriptures say this world will wear out and perish?

Psalm 102:26 25"Of old You founded the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. 26"Even they will perish, but You endure; And all of them will wear out like a garment; Like clothing

Why do the scriptures say the whole creation waits for the sons of God to be revealed...how does that happen if the creation goes on decaying forever?

Romans 8:19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.

21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.…

john w

Hall of Fame
It is.

And, knowing that the new heavens and new earth is the new covenant, isn't some recent fad like Dispensationalism.

People have known what the new heavens and new earth are for over 1,500 years:

"All authorities concur in the declaration that "when all these things should have been done" "The End" should come : that "the mystery of God should be finished as he had declared to His servants the prophets" : it should be completed : time should now be no more : the End of all things (so foretold) should be at hand, and be fully brought to pass : in these days should be fulfilled all that had been spoken of Christ (and of His church) by the prophets : or, in other words, when the gospel should have been preached in all the world for a testimony to all nations, and the power of the Holy People be scattered (abroad), then should the End come, then should all these things be finished. I need now only say, all these things have been done : the old and elementary system passed away with a great noise; all these predicted empires have actually fallen, and the new kingdom, the new heaven and earth, the new Jerusalem--all of which were to descend from God, to be formed by His power, have been realised on earth" - Eusebius, Bishop of Caesarea, circa 295AD

Plagiarized, again, from the anti-Semite, and follower of "fallable" men, such as Eusebius, Josephus, Russell, Tellalie the unemployed,obsessed psychopath.

Why do you follow the teachings of "fallable men," Eusebius, Josephus, Russell follower, and Jewish people/dispensationalist hater, little devil arms Craigie?

john w

Hall of Fame
Another wave of the magic wand....

Yes, as this scammer can "prove" anything with his mysticism, Buddhism, and mystery interpretation technique, as he is a closet Catholic.

"Christ Jesus is the Promised Land."-anti-Semite Tellalie

john w

Hall of Fame

He plagiarized the above, from his "fallable men" teachers:

http://www.tentmaker.org/books/heavenandearth.htm

An excerpt:

"In Isaiah 51:13 God said that He had "stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth" Once again, is God speaking here of the literal heavens and earth?

Read on in this same passage to verse 16: "And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foun¬dations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people."

Read that verse again. It could not be talking of the formation of the literal heavens and earth, for that had taken place more than 3,000 years before! So, then, what is He talking about? The verse explains itself. He is talking about "Zion." He is talk¬ing about "my people" In other words, He is talking about Israel. He is talking in this verse about the formation of Israel."

The little arms fraud, feigning, for years, that he never follows the teachings of men/fallable men, such as Darby, Bullinger......that we dispies follow, and yet I catch the punk, in every thread, just plagiarizing/copynpasting, word for word, the teachings of his alleged infallible AD 70/Preterist "teachers."

http://planetpreterist.com/content/heaven-and-earth-two-witnesses-covenant
"Like the Temple, circumcision, and the tablets of stone, the heavens and earth represent the entire first covenant, or the Law."

And on, and on...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
tet., why won't you answer my questions? I would gladly believe what you are saying about preterism if you could tell me about a few things that concern me regarding your beliefs.

Ok

Preterism says that we were not meant to live forever.

No one lives forever in their earthly bodies.

We live forever in our glorified spiritual bodies.

Paul explains this in 1 Cor 15

I believe that we were meant to live forever, but because of sin God said we could not live forever.

We can only have eternal life by faith in Christ Jesus.

Preterists say the first resurrection is when we are saved.

I don't know where you heard that.

The first resurrection happened in 70AD.

However, preterists also say we have our resurrected bodies when we die.

Correct.

Because the resurrection happened in 70AD, since then (70AD) believers instantly receive their glorified spiritual bodies upon physical death.
How is this body different than our spirit?

Paul explains it in 1 Cor 15
If there will not be a new earth, why does the scriptures say this world will wear out and perish?

The "new heavens and new earth" refers to the new covenant.

As for planet earth:

(Ecc 1:4) Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever.

Psalm 102:26 25"Of old You founded the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. 26"Even they will perish, but You endure; And all of them will wear out like a garment; Like clothing

Compare to Ecc 1:4.

Either there's a contradiction, or the earth and heavens in Psalm refer to the old covenant, and not the physical earth.

Why do the scriptures say the whole creation waits for the sons of God to be revealed...how does that happen if the creation goes on decaying forever?

Romans 8:19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.

Refers to the resurrection that took place in 70AD