ECT What is Preterism

john w

Hall of Fame
That's correct. Dispensationalism is comparable to Mormonism and JW's because they were each invented by one person in the mid 1800's.

John Nelson Darby invented Dispensationalism.

Joseph Smith invented Mormonism.

Charles Taze Russell invented The Jehovah's Witnesses.

Ellen White invented Seventh Day Adventism.

Mary Baker Eddy invented Christian Science.

All of these "inventions" took place in the mid 1800's. That's why this era is called "The Age of the Cults".

His spammed plagiarism.

You stink, you obsessed psychopath.

TOL pitties those neglected "children" of yours, and that big wife.

Better get to bed, obsessed psychopath, as your Catholic "mass" starts early Sunday morning, little devil boy.

john w

Hall of Fame
satanism:

"If you deny the NC, then you deny what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross.."-Craigie

Vs.

"I never said someone was saved or not saved based on whether or not they believe the NC is in place today."-Tellalie

john w

Hall of Fame
satanism:

Admitted, on record, anti-Semite Tellalie, asserts that all dispensationalists, are anti-Christ, which would then include the founder of TOL, moderators......

"All dispensationalists are Darby followers."-anti-Semite Tellalie

"Darby followers don't believe that. Darby followers claim there will be animal sacrifices for sin in the future.You are anti-Christ when it comes to what was accomplished at the cross."-anti-Semite Tellalie

dodge

I can play your lazy game also:

How the false doctrine of Dispensationalism has damaged Christianity

"Dispensationalism eschatology was originally taught by a Plymouth Brethren evangelist named John Nelson Darby in the mid-1800’s and was popularized by the Scofield Study Bible, published initially in 1909. It gained more popularity toward the end of the 20th century through popular books such as “The Late Great Planet Earth” and a fictional series of books called “Left Behind”......."

A child can google something to make a point.

What you can't do is defend Darby's false teachings (Dispensationalism) when it is tested with scripture.

You cannot defend preterism from scripture...YOUR loss not mine.

Interplanner

Perhaps you mean a 'system' that you have found. However, if you look at '10 propositions about NT eschatology' you'll see that those are all intact.

2P2P on the other hand, the human hair from which D'ism dangles, is easily dismissed.

'Mt 24A is about 1st century Judea while B (at v29) is about the future judgement. There is no mixing them.' This is too easy to defend.

The question again is whether what you are calling 'preterism' is the 10 points or the Mt24A v B divide.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Here you go:

(Matt 24:34) Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

(Matt 16:28) “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

(Luke 19:44) They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

(1 Cor 10:11) These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

(1 Peter 1:20) He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

(Heb 1:2) but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

(James 5:8) You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.
[/I]

(Rev 22:10) Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near.

john w

Hall of Fame
satanism:

Admitted, on record, by his own words, anti-Semite Tellalie, asserts that you can deny the one time sacrifice for sins on the cross, which is claiming it wasn't good enough for all sins, and that if you claim people in the future will have to sacrifice animals for sin atonement, that is holding anti-Christ beliefs, and yet, you are still saved
:

"Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai

Once again mysteryboy, you deny the one time sacrifice for sins on the cross. You claim it wasn't good enough for all sins, you claim people in the future will have to sacrifice animals for sin atonement.

You adhere to these anti-Christ beliefs,
and then you think your going to lecture me on grace?

You're nuts!"

Me, to tellalie:

"So, Craigie-musty allegedly "deny the one time sacrifice for sins on the cross. You claim it wasn't good enough for all sins," and has "anti-Christ beliefs."

Is he lost, sweetie?"-John W

"I never said you or any other MADist isn't saved. I said you are a legalist. "-Tellalie, to musterion, on this subject

ClimateSanity

Here you go:

(Matt 24:34) Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

(Matt 16:28) “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

(Luke 19:44) They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

(1 Cor 10:11) These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

(1 Peter 1:20) He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

(Heb 1:2) but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

(James 5:8) You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.
[/I]

(Rev 22:10) Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near.

This supports preterism? Reading your own preconceived ideas into scripture is not supporting evidence.

Interplanner

(Matt 24:29) “Immediately after the distress of those days.....

Are you claiming that "immediately" means 1,900+ years and still counting?

The first thing to be noticed is that the language broadens to the whole world, no, the whole universe. All of a sudden, instead of concerns about rooms in the temple, every corner of the four winds is made to answer to God's judgement.

But he allows a delay about the world's judgement, as only the Father knows when he will call for that day.

Just read Lattourrette p41 about the impact on the 1st generation when the worldwide did not happen right after the DofJ. No one concluded that the worldwide day of judgement had come nor that anything else needed to happen in Israel. The day of judgement was simply on hold.

Then you have to get into such debates as 'did 2 Peter 3 mean the 1st or 2nd coming when he referred to scoffers about the coming?' I go with the 2nd because of the additional comments by the scoffers--everything is normal since the fathers fell asleep. Ie, nothing has happened to the whole world as it did with the deluge, even though the DofJ has taken place.

Right Divider

Body part

More lying from the great liar!!!

Matt 24:29-30 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:29) ¶ Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: (24:30) And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Your problem is that you have NO clue WHEN "those days" are.

Interestingly enough, I see a prophecy that includes you:

Matt 24:24-28 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. (24:25) Behold, I have told you before. (24:26) Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, [he is] in the secret chambers; believe [it] not. (24:27) For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (24:28) For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

You are one of THOSE falsely claiming that the LORD has already returned.

john w

Hall of Fame

You claim this satanic "doctrine:"

"If you deny the NC, then you deny what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross.."-Craigie

Vs.

"I never said someone was saved or not saved based on whether or not they believe the NC is in place today."-Tellalie

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The first thing to be noticed is that the language broadens to the whole world, no, the whole universe. All of a sudden, instead of concerns about rooms in the temple, every corner of the four winds is made to answer to God's judgement.

But he allows a delay about the world's judgement, as only the Father knows when he will call for that day.

Even if we assume your gap theory is correct regarding verse 29, verse 34 proves it wrong.

Interplanner

Even if we assume your gap theory is correct regarding verse 29, verse 34 proves it wrong.

Except that it is not a gap. Paul especially expected the final judgement right after the DofJ, as we see in Rom 2. It is not a gap, it is an allowance for delay.

Additionally, if we go with your view, he shouldn't have said only the Father knows, and we should see entities from the principalities being judged, and those that are elect gathered together for the NHNE; that is what type of gathering it is, and they are from one end of the heavens to the other. We should see this as plain as the DofJ.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Except that it is not a gap. Paul especially expected the final judgement right after the DofJ, as we see in Rom 2. It is not a gap, it is an allowance for delay.

I tend to look at this chunk of history as a process of global salvation of the entire Elect generation (church).

Peter reveals and explains it well in II Peter 3:7-15.

dodge

NO ONE CAN TEACH YOU SCRIPTURE OR THE TRUE MEANING OF SCRIPTURE AS THAT IS WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT DOES OR DOES NOT DO !

YOU ARE WRONG AS IS THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND ALL THAT PERVERT GOD'S WORD.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Except that it is not a gap.

I'm not the one saying it's a gap, that's what you are doing.

Paul especially expected the final judgement right after the DofJ, as we see in Rom 2. It is not a gap, it is an allowance for delay.

I disagree.

In Thessalonians, Paul makes it clear that the Revolt has to happen first.

Paul knew he was living in the last days, that's why Paul called the days he was living in "the culmination of the ages".

Additionally, if we go with your view, he shouldn't have said only the Father knows,

That refers to the Feast of Trumpets.

NO ONE KNOWS THE DAY OR THE HOUR?