ECT What is Preterism

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
NO ONE CAN TEACH YOU SCRIPTURE OR THE TRUE MEANING OF SCRIPTURE AS THAT IS WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT DOES OR DOES NOT DO !

YOU ARE WRONG AS IS THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND ALL THAT PERVERT GOD'S WORD.

You should check the TOL rules. Posts with all caps are not allowed.

Anytime you care to explain Matt 24:34, just let us know.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So which coming is being scoffed and why?

It is the teaching of a second coming of Christ, to reign on this earth, that is being debated.

I take the amillennial view that there is no literal "thousand years" (nor am I a Preterist), but since the Incarnation and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, He already reigns at the right hand of God on behalf of His Elect church, and has been gathering them unto Himself from the four corners of the world all this time. When all the Elect have been born, regenerated and saved through faith in Him, then the world will be destroyed with fire, judged, and Christ's everlasting Kingdom will be established in the new heavens and new earth.

IOW's most of the OT prophecies have been fulfilled since the Incarnation in Christ Jesus as they pertained to the New Covenant promises.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Actually many who study Covenant Theology are agreeable with the Preterists' understanding of OT prophecies and NC fulfilments, for both camps are Christ-centered over all . . compared to Dispies who are centered to the point of distraction and error, on the literal nation of Israel, and futuristic land promises.

God's Truth

Preterism is right about some things, and also wrong about some things.

Preterists claim we WERE meant to die physically. The Bible says we were NOT meant to die physically.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

Preterists say that when we die we receive a body to live on in, and that it is the resurrection that Jesus speaks of; however, they are right about living on after the death of our physical body, but we will also get a new physical body at Jesus' next and last coming.

john w

Hall of Fame
This is satanic Preterism:

"If you deny the NC, then you deny what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross.."-Craigie, thed admitted anti Semite

Vs.

"I never said someone was saved or not saved based on whether or not they believe the NC is in place today."-Tellalie

And this, from the obsessed psychopath, hater of the Jewish people, like his daddy the devil....

The accuser of the brethren, admitted anti-Semite, Tellalie, asserts that all those who take a dispensational viewpoint, are anti-Christ-on record:

"All dispensationalists are Darby followers."-Tellalie

"Darby followers don't believe that. Darby followers claim there will be animal sacrifices for sin in the future.You are anti-Christ when it comes to what was accomplished at the cross."-Tellalie

Interplanner

There is nothing abitrary when Christ says YOU WILL SEE THE CITY SURROUNDED for destruction and you should leave. And it was and they did.

I don't care what happens to your pet view of Mt24A, that is what happened.

God's Truth

There is nothing abitrary when Christ says YOU WILL SEE THE CITY SURROUNDED for destruction and you should leave. And it was and they did.

I don't care what happens to your pet view of Mt24A, that is what happened.

I believe you are right about that scripture.

However, is Preterism right about we were not meant to live forever? Is Preterism right about receiving a body at death?