ECT What is Preterism

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've NEVER read anything he's written. Your guy is "Josephus" and his writings are secular, not inspired by God. He was basically a commentator/historian.

Josephus was a Christ rejecting Jew, and a traitor.

However, he was a historian, and an eyewitness to the events that took place in 70AD.

The writings of Josephus confirm the prophecies given by Christ Jesus 40 years earlier.

EXAMPLE:

(Rev 16:19) And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

“it so happened that the sedition at Jerusalem was revived, and parted into three factions, and that one faction fought against the other; which partition in such evil cases may be said to be a good thing, and the effect of divine justice.” - Jospehus

john w

Hall of Fame
(Rev 21:14) The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

(Eph 2:20) Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself.
And he is on here, teaching?

The Ephesians passage, above, idiot, you cite, referencing "apostles and the prophets," is not referencing the prophets and the 12 apostles, OT through "pre-Paul"-your "argument." It is referencing the apostles and prophets, "Paul, and going forward.=not "the twelve apostles of the Lamb" referenced, you reference, in Revelation 21:14 KJV.

Of course, since the details of the book, a book of details, are not important to you, you missed it, amd miss most of the book. My evidence? Your "posts."

"Chronological order isn't important."-Craigie

Vs.

Note, the chronological order, "pre Paul"=OT up until Paul:

Luke 11:49 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:

2 Peter 3:2 KJV

That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Prophets first, then the 12 apostles.

Vs.

From Paul, on...

1 Corinthians 12:28 KJV

And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Chronological order-book of details....

"first apostles"

"secondarily prophets"

Memorize it. Details. Survey Acts...Paul, first, apostle...Barnabus, an apostle.....then prophets....

Confirmed-order-apostles, then prophets:

Ephesians 2:20 KJV

And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Ephesians 3:5 KJV

Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

How did you get so dumb, stupid, brainwashed, idiot? You taught us that "personal attack," which you, obviously, never do.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Josephus was a Christ rejecting Jew, and a traitor.

However, he was a historian, and an eyewitness to the events that took place in 70AD.

The writings of Josephus confirm the prophecies given by Christ Jesus 40 years earlier.

EXAMPLE:

(Rev 16:19) And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

“it so happened that the sedition at Jerusalem was revived, and parted into three factions, and that one faction fought against the other; which partition in such evil cases may be said to be a good thing, and the effect of divine justice.” - Jospehus

So, were the "Observations" of a Christ-hating Jew and a traitor to be taken as "Gospel?" Would you consider that this traitorous, Christ-hating Jew may just have been a liar, as well?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You doubt Josephus, correct TetTroll? And, I doubt you're a member of the Body of Christ? Can you give us your Testimony of coming to Christ?

john w

Hall of Fame
Looks like Paul gets left out of Rev 21:14. Why?
Exactly. The Preterist punk has a cavalier attitude toward the bible, the details of the book. That is the MO of the AD 70-ism/Preterism mystic/Buddhist approach to interpreting the book.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A true Child of God comes to Christ today by, hearing the Gospel and placing ALL of their faith in Christ alone. They're also able to articulate how and why they came to Christ as their Savior. If one cannot, then, I doubt their sincerity. I've asked many posters on TOL to give a Testimony and the majority are UNABLE to do so.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
1 Peter 3:15 "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

john w

Hall of Fame
You say, first apostles then prophets.

But then you say:

Which is it Little Johnny?

I changed it sweetie, as I made an error, in typing, as I am not infallible, as you claim you're teachers are.

Little, you quip, sweetie?

I'm bigger in every area, than you, except height sweetie, and you'd be on the floor, in 1 minute with me, you weakling, effeminate looking wimp/weasel, with little arms, receding/little chin, and a sulky, miserable looking countenance, from being holed up as a rat, all day long. Your wife has bigger arms than you, twit.

And your 6' height, makes you a tough guy, eh, sweetie? Quite impressive. An unemployed, sickly looking wimp, at 6'. I know the type.

Of course, you wimped out meeting me in the Dallas area, when you were here, a few years ago, with your "wife," Why was that, wimpy boy?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nope.

Why would a Christ rejector write a book that confirms the prophecies of someone he rejects?

Satan is able to play a part in ALL deceptions. Especially, when it concerns Scripture. Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."