ECT What is Preterism

john w

Hall of Fame
First off, what makes you think the New Jerusalem is a literal city?

(1 Cor 3:16) Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst?

How do you know that what John was describing as a city coming down from heaven, isn't the same invisible temple that Paul is describing in 1 Cor 3:16?
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Nations, in the third heaven sweetie?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Check out the materials this city is made of, and compare them with the building supplies available in early Genesis.

(Rev 21:2) I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

Considering you take everything literal, does that mean your New Jerusalem is literally a bride, who literally wears a bride dress?

john w

Hall of Fame

(1 Cor 3:16) Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst?

How do you know that what John was describing as a city coming down from heaven, isn't the same invisible temple that Paul is describing in 1 Cor 3:16?

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

Families, rain, in the third heaven, mystic?

SaulToPaul 2

(Rev 21:2) I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

Considering you take everything literal, does that mean your New Jerusalem is literally a bride, who literally wears a bride dress?

:chuckle:

Beautifully adorned, yes, and joined to the the Groom, yes.

john w

Hall of Fame

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles

Plagues, heathen, in the third heaven, Buddhist?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, God created the heaven and the earth.
Yet, heaven is invisible and has no physicality.

Brilliant.

I can play your literal game all day long

(Gal 4:26 KJV) But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Is New Jerusalem literally your mother?

How do you decide which verses to take literally, and which not to take literally when it comes to New Jerusalem?

SaulToPaul 2

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles

Plagues, heathen, in the third heaven, Buddhist?

Fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

saint john w: "He can prove anythin'."

SaulToPaul 2

I can play your literal game all day long

(Gal 4:26 KJV) But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Is New Jerusalem literally your mother?

How do you decide which verses to take literally, and which not to take literally when it comes to New Jerusalem?

It was the Galatians mother because they were free from the law.

john w

Hall of Fame

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Punishment, and nations, in the third heaven, closet Catholic?

How long have you been a mystic, Buddhist, closet Catholic, sweetie? 25 years? 27 years? Let me guess: years, chronology, are not important....it says the same thing....

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It was the Galatians mother because they were free from the law.

Paul says "the mother of us all".

Why do you not take Gal 4:26 KJV literally?

SaulToPaul 2

Paul says "the mother of us all".

Why do you not take Gal 4:26 KJV literally?

I do. Why don't you?
How do you get yourself in the passage?
When were you under the Law?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Rev 21:3) And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

SaulToPaul 2

(Rev 21:3) And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.