ECT What is Preterism

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God's promise to create Israel out of Abraham's seed (he deemed it righteous and rewarded him)... has nothing to do with God's overall plan of salvation.

The promise of Israel came with requirements and Israel failed them all repeatedly and became pretty much the most wicked nation on the face of the earth in God's eyes. God is no longer beholding to keep any promises to ethnic Israel whatsoever.

The fact that Dispensationalists still believe that God has a future plan for Israel is one of the biggest travesties in modern Christianity... and the cause of so much pain and death.

Vs.

Ezekiel 36 KJV

22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, saith the Lord God, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Contrasts.

Survey Deuteronomy 30:1-8 KJV, Ezekiel 11:16-21 KJV, Ezekiel 36:22-28 KJV.....These things will happen, and there is NADA that the lost, the heathen, the saved, or anyone, can do about it.:

-The nation Israel will be scattered among the nations, by the LORD God,
-The LORD God will gather them from among the nations, returning them back into the land of Israel,
-The LORD God will circumcise their hearts, give them one heart, put a new spirit within them, put His Holy Spirit within them
-They will obey the LORD God, "cause," do all His commandments, walk in His statutes, keep His judgements, and will and do them, that being the spiritual benefits of the New Covenant, promised to them, not the boc,
-They shall be His people, and He will be their God.

Not negotiable. End of the discussion.

Right on, John W.!

Deuteronomy 9:5-6 KJV
(5) Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
(6) Understand therefore, that the LORD thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.

musterion

As Ned Beatty would say, "OK, Mistor Luu-thor!!!"

Lex2000.jpg

I tell you what, you and your argumentum ad enchilada. Typical man pleasing worldly dispensational mainstreamer who can't answer simple questions that I don't want answers to. Yer a real ontological hoot, you are. Uh, er. Darby.

john w

Hall of Fame
I tell you what, you and your argumentum ad enchilada. Typical man pleasing worldly dispensational mainstreamer who can't answer simple questions that I don't want answers to. Yer a real ontological hoot, you are. Uh, er. Darby.

You are Exhibt A, of not one musty, in the history of musty's, in this age, or the age to come, which is a hyperbole, symbolic, an analogy, figurative, not literal, can/will/will be able to answer my questions. Why are you so embarrassed to admit that no one can answer any of my questions?

So there. I just raised you a "Gene, Gene...The Dancing Machine...," from "The Gong Show."

Good day to you, sir.

musterion

Why do you ask we dispies so many questions? Even if it were true that we don't answer them, so what?

You believe we're in the Kingdom. Okay. James is a Kingdom epistle. James says that anything asked in faith, God guarantees to answer. You believe James is speaking to you.

So have you asked Him to answer the questions you say we wont? Don't you have faith to get the answers you must believe He's promised you?

Or are all your questions insincere, doting ones meant only to provoke?

john w

Hall of Fame
Why do you ask we dispies so many questions? Even if it were true that we don't answer them, so what?

You believe we're in the Kingdom. Okay. James is a Kingdom epistle. James says that anything asked in faith, God guarantees to answer. You believe James is speaking to you.

So have you asked Him to answer the questions you say we wont? Don't you have faith to get the answers you must believe He's promised you?

Er, no, that's rich...The old "Argumentum at Mysteriam, AKA "Argument from Mystery" trick, Chief.

Nice, Max....Nice...

musterion

Here is a picture of you, and Tellalie, during the "Great Trib," in "The Cone of Silence:"

cone-of-silence_0.jpg

You're in denial.

I charge $200 a day, plus expenses.

And here we have you and the girls of the Preterist Ladies Auxiliary from your local church. I leave it to the reader to decide if either or both are your wives, as befits a Man of the Kingdom.

Pictured: last month's Kingdom Kats Fellowship Potluck, Hootenanny and Flea Dip Baptism.
cat24f-1-web.jpg

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
It was.

The judgement came upon the unbelieving Jews and Judaea.

The "end of the world" was the end of the old covenant, the "end of the ages", "these last days", etc.

The NC was implemented in 30AD, but the OC did not fully disappear for good until 70AD. The typology is the Exodus Generation, they wandered for 40 years before entering the Promised Land.

It was.

The birth of the Christian body began long before 70AD, many were already "in Christ".

Still questioning this I see. Sign of doubt?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Interplanner

Would anyone need to ask for anything in the NHNE?

Interplanner

Still questioning this I see. Sign of doubt?

I can certainly understand the 'end of the world/age/times' being about things Judaistic, however, if we depart from the geology of 2 Pet 3, then we have to depart from the geology of the world-deluge of Noah, in which case we have a phantom faith. There will be an end to this world and a NHNE will be the home of righteousness. This can only be pictured now, not the reality, except in Christ.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
“Hear the word of Jehovah, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off; and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock.”
**Jeremiah‬ *31:10‬ *ASV‬‬
http://bible.com/12/jer.31.10.asv

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
if we depart from the geology of 2 Pet 3, then we have to depart from the geology of the world-deluge of Noah, in which case we have a phantom faith.

(2 Peter 3:3) Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

(Jude 18-19) They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

How can you still claim 2 Peter 3 speaks of future events, when Jude quotes 2 Peter 3, and then goes on to tell his audience that the last days Peter spoke of were taking place during the life of Jude?

whitestone

Right on, John W.!

Deuteronomy 9:5-6 KJV
(5) Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
(6) Understand therefore, that the LORD thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.

Yep Tambora, Genesis 15:16 KJV "Iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full",,,but in Deuteronomy 9:5 KJV they were full just like he told Abraham.