ECT What is Preterism

SaulToPaul 2

So Jesus is the new heaven and the new earth?

You are such a knucklehead.

Zech 5
7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.

8 And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.

fulfilled in Christ Jesus, per Tet?
How terrible.

HisServant

How do you discern all of that from the verse I posted? You're a "Master of Exaggeration." By the way, my image doesn't cast a reflection. That's why I continue to cut myself.

Not exaggerating at all... its just people have gotten extremely lazy with the exegesis and love to cut and paste different verses together to make them say something that original inspirer did not mean.

john w

Hall of Fame
All prophecy in the OT was fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

That says NADA, you wicked Preterist used car sales"man," as that is merely a crafty/subtil(Genesis 3:1 KJV, from your daddy) dismissal, sophistry, deceit, that can be employed to "answer" any question. Now, as you've been asked, as STP pointed out...

"Versus

Zech 14
1 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:

7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.

11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the Lord shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.

14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.

15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ***, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, Holiness Unto The Lord; and the pots in the Lord's house shall be like the bowls before the altar.

21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts. "-Mayor STP

When, and how was this fulfilled,
little arms boy? Specifics. Now.

john w

Hall of Fame
The punk's "debate ender/shut down close," that he learned at an "Amway" sales convention, that can be employed, to answer any sales objection:

"All prophecy in the OT was fulfilled in Christ Jesus."-Craigie Tellalie

Watch him stump us all, with part of the Trifecta:

-Darby.....You are in denial...

-Don't you believe the bible/God/"Jesus"/Paul/Peter/Josephus, and that all the promises are "yea" in Christ Jesus?????!!!!!

musterion

D is for Darby,

Darby is for D...

200_s.gif

musterion

A person who believes in a pre trib rapture has no conscious? Akin to Ted Bundy? STP knows much of my personal life. I'm sure he would never say I had no conscience.

Notice the spooky similarities between Tet and Meshak. There are several but the main one is judging (condemning) you personally NOT on the basis of what gospel you believe but for merely disagreeing with him/her.

ClimateSanity

Like you do, unemployed infidel?

Fraud.

What does he mean by follow anyway? What are the qualifications of a follower? Can someone follow several people at once? I have several teachers I bold to over my lifetime. That makes me a multi follower.

Interplanner

How do you explain Matt 16:28?

Christ Jesus said the Second Coming would take place before some standing before Him tasted death.

(Matt 16:28) “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

That would depend on if 'coming in his kingdom' was the coming in judgement and end of this world. I don't think it is. I think it is the birth of the Christian body.

Interplanner

So Jesus is the new heaven and the new earth?

You are such a knucklehead.

No, but if you know 2 Cor 5's grammar, you know that it has set up an curious situation.

We are so used to hearing 'if any man is in Christ, HE (the person) is a new creation.' Well, guess what. It is instead '...in Christ, the new creation, old things have passed...' Paul is not as geared around the individual's changed life as we are. Most people today think the 'changed life' is the Gospel. Paul preached historical reality, ie, a break-in into history in Christ. He was referring here to Christ being the new creation, and that if we are in him, we do not operate as we did under the law, in Judaism. See for yourself that this is what chs 3-5 are about.

We (believers) are now proclaimers, even ambassadors, of a message from one party to the opposing party, that God has met the issue of the debt of sin and covered it. That is what it means to 'fulfill' Judaism. Instead of there being an ongoing or restored worship system, they were all supposed to become proclaimers of this, to become a mission about this.

"In Christ" is so fundamental of a change in doing things, that it is the new creation. Later shall come the post-climactic end of the world.

You will find this same theme in Gal 6; neither circ nor uncirc means anything anymore, only a new creation--the person in Christ. To be in Christ means you are no longer in yourself, or your changed life, you do not 'preach yourself' (2 Cor 4:5, 5:12). 4:7-12 is not about their 'changed lives' but is actually about the proclamation of Christ--the message of the events of the Gospel that dealt with the debt.

No wonder his main enemies were those in Judaism.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That would depend on if 'coming in his kingdom' was the coming in judgement and end of this world.

It was.

The judgement came upon the unbelieving Jews and Judaea.

The "end of the world" was the end of the old covenant, the "end of the ages", "these last days", etc.

The NC was implemented in 30AD, but the OC did not fully disappear for good until 70AD. The typology is the Exodus Generation, they wandered for 40 years before entering the Promised Land.

I don't think it is.

It was.

I think it is the birth of the Christian body.

The birth of the Christian body began long before 70AD, many were already "in Christ".

Right Divider

Body part
No, but if you know 2 Cor 5's grammar, you know that it has set up an curious situation.

We are so used to hearing 'if any man is in Christ, HE (the person) is a new creation.' Well, guess what. It is instead '...in Christ, the new creation, old things have passed...' Paul is not as geared around the individual's changed life as we are. Most people today think the 'changed life' is the Gospel. Paul preached historical reality, ie, a break-in into history in Christ. He was referring here to Christ being the new creation, and that if we are in him, we do not operate as we did under the law, in Judaism. See for yourself that this is what chs 3-5 are about.

We (believers) are now proclaimers, even ambassadors, of a message from one party to the opposing party, that God has met the issue of the debt of sin and covered it. That is what it means to 'fulfill' Judaism. Instead of there being an ongoing or restored worship system, they were all supposed to become proclaimers of this, to become a mission about this.

"In Christ" is so fundamental of a change in doing things, that it is the new creation. Later shall come the post-climactic end of the world.

You will find this same theme in Gal 6; neither circ nor uncirc means anything anymore, only a new creation--the person in Christ. To be in Christ means you are no longer in yourself, or your changed life, you do not 'preach yourself' (2 Cor 4:5, 5:12). 4:7-12 is not about their 'changed lives' but is actually about the proclamation of Christ--the message of the events of the Gospel that dealt with the debt.

No wonder his main enemies were those in Judaism.
The new creation is not a termination of God's plans for the world. It is another part of the fullness of God's plans and something that was kept secret since the world began.

God's promise to give Israel a kingdom ("thy kingdom come IN EARTH as it is in heaven") above the other nations will be fulfilled. God is not a liar and did not retract His promise.

HisServant

The new creation is not a termination of God's plans for the world. It is another part of the fullness of God's plans and something that was kept secret since the world began.

God's promise to give Israel a kingdom ("thy kingdom come IN EARTH as it is in heaven") above the other nations will be fulfilled. God is not a liar and did not retract His promise.

God's promise to create Israel out of Abraham's seed (he deemed it righteous and rewarded him)... has nothing to do with God's overall plan of salvation.

The promise of Israel came with requirements and Israel failed them all repeatedly and became pretty much the most wicked nation on the face of the earth in God's eyes. God is no longer beholding to keep any promises to ethnic Israel whatsoever.

The fact that Dispensationalists still believe that God has a future plan for Israel is one of the biggest travesties in modern Christianity... and the cause of so much pain and death.

SaulToPaul 2

The fact that Dispensationalists still believe that God has a future plan for Israel is one of the biggest travesties in modern Christianity... and the cause of so much pain and death.

The LORD is able to cause a remnant of them to turn to him in a time of trouble, and use them for his purposes.
I believe.

Right Divider

Body part
God's promise to create Israel out of Abraham's seed (he deemed it righteous and rewarded him)... has nothing to do with God's overall plan of salvation.

The promise of Israel came with requirements and Israel failed them all repeatedly and became pretty much the most wicked nation on the face of the earth in God's eyes. God is no longer beholding to keep any promises to ethnic Israel whatsoever.

You may be sincere, but you're sincerely confused.

Many of those promises related to Israel's future kingdom were UNILATERAL and God will fulfill them in His due time.