What does God's Holy Law Demand?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
At least you caught her/his hypocrisy.

And this He did by blowing kisses at the Pharisees

Good point. Gods Truth is one. No kisses blown. If he had answered honestly, I would not say this. But I will say that he hurls stone after stone but drops his at this question.

Just like a real Pharasee

Gods truth. I exalt Jesus and for this you mock me.

I am honored to be called the very things Jesus got called by you.

It is an honor to hear your admonishment.

You are not beyond hope, but you are indeed a caster of stones.

You refuse to answer if you sin willingly for one reason alone. You know the answer, and anything else would be a lie, and damage your false stance.

You don't seem to think yourself in need of a savior.

And yet, you are my brother in humanity. Just more like a little irritating brother.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
See the gospel is so simple, the genious of it is it's simplicity "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved"

There is sufficient there to save anyone

....but these fellas come along with a finger raised "ah but you must obey the commandments" they are the same folks who rolled into Galatia after Paul had left, Paul hotly disputed with them, and we will hotly dispute with them too.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I do not know the context of this verse in Revelation. But I know God's commandments are important even for believers in Jesus.

Revelation 12:17 NASB - 17 So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Jacob and streuth use the same tactics of the devil, they keep repeating the same message again and again and again, like a dripping tap.

It is brainwashing

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob and streuth use the same tactics of the devil, they keep repeating the same message again and again and again, like a dripping tap.

It is brainwashing

No. I was taught that obeying God's commands is legalism. I know I am not saved by works. I know I am saved by faith. And I know I should obey God.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I do not know the context of this verse in Revelation. But I know God's commandments are important even for believers in Jesus.

Revelation 12:17 NASB - 17 So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

Only one young man claimed to have kept the commandments from his youth up....and Jesus turned him away.

We have no commandments except to love...you cannot love by any law, it is a spiritual matter.

Nor will we be saved by it because we can never love enough.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No. I was taught that obeying God's commands is legalism. I know I am not saved by works. I know I am saved by faith. And I know I should obey God.

What commandments do you obey...don't say all or as many as you can...give an example of a law you obey.

I'll start you off "keeping the Sabbath holy" although you denied being a 7th day Adventist.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Only one young man claimed to have kept the commandments from his youth up....and Jesus turned him away.

We have no commandments except to love...you cannot love by any law, it is a spiritual matter.

Nor will we be saved by it because we can never love enough.
Love is not a work by which you are saved. You cannot be saved by works. A person can only be saved by God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, by faith.
What commandments do you obey...don't say all or as many as you can...give an example of a law you obey.

I'll start you off "keeping the Sabbath holy" although you denied being a 7th day Adventist.
I am a convert, a Ger, to Judaism, while remaining a Christian.

I do observe the Sabbath, yes.

I observe the Ten Commandments, keep kosher, and observe the three annual feasts, though I have never been to Israel.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Love is not a work by which you are saved. You cannot be saved by works. A person can only be saved by God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, by faith.

I observe the Ten Commandments, keep kosher, and observe the three annual feasts, though I have never been to Israel.

Jacob,

I respect your convictions. Also, you are of peace. I know why you do these things. I want to make it clear that my quarrel was not with you, but another that is full of discord.

I speak as I speak, but I also know that You follow God from your heart, and seek peace. I apologize if any words I have said are offensive to you.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Jacob,

My previously Jewish friend...

Any condemnation that comes from Gods Truth or his friends is a lie.

They are ones to speak in a way that divides and I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that they will continue to condemn with their words as if they were Elohim Himself.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

If you are not Jewish you are fallen away from Christ in the same manner that the Galatians did. If you are Jewish but never observed the Jewish religion before you have fallen back in the manner described by the book of Hebrews.

Your spiritual condition is extremely serious.

I do not believe either Galatians or Hebrews teach that salvation can be lost, but such falling away as you have done has dire consequences for a Christian.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If you are not Jewish you are fallen away from Christ in the same manner that the Galatians did. If you are Jewish but never observed the Jewish religion before you have fallen back in the manner described by the book of Hebrews.

I do not believe either Galatians or Hebrews teach that salvation can be lost, but such falling away as you have done has dire consequences for a Christian.

Your confession in effect is that the cross is not sufficient to save and the Holy Spirit insufficient to live by.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Not so.

Danoh

:) I love Paul, when no-one was around to dispute with him he would make someone up

"but someone will say thus and so" and he would set up their argument only to throw it down. In actual fact doctrines are formed as a result of debate in the bible.

That is outright heresy, Totten.

I cannot endorse it.

Not only were the Apostle Paul's words inspired, but so was the cannon of Scripture - which was determined by Prophets within the Body.

Thus, Paul's...

1 Corinthians 14:36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

You are not only speaking evil of a prophet, or spokesman of God in the Word itself, but you are being duplicitous.

For you cannot assert your Pentecostal notions based on your gross misunderstanding of 1 Corinthians, and then turn around and assert your above heresy against the very Prophet who wrote 1 Corinthians.

Go study out the use of rhetorical reasoning found throughout ALL Scripture - even by God Himself.

Fool woman; you have not accused Paul; you have accused the Spirit Himself of this nonsense of yours on this!

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Danoh

Good post.

glorydaz

Then why does Paul say, "Be ye reconciled"?

I'll tell you. Because in order to be reconciled, we must believe and accept our Lord's work on the cross. Unbelievers are not yet reconciled if they reject God's offer of peace via the Cross.

Elia

Bs"d

"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

James 2