What does God's Holy Law Demand?

beloved57

The verse I quoted and this are identical. He did it all by His Obedience.

Instead of God seeing you when you come to Him, He sees Jesus' obedience.

The metaphors of the cloak is describing this.

Sent from my iPad using TOL
I never said anything like what you are saying and neither does Rom 5:19

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Epoisses

ALL the scriptures that say we are to 'believe'---those scriptures do NOT nullify the scriptures that say obey.

Believing is obeying.

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. Heb. 11:8

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
What does God's Holy Law Demand?

Show the scripture that says what you say.

How do you ever get that God does not see us? Please show me the scripture that says that, and if it does not say that, will you admit you merely repeat the things false teachers say?

God's truth, do you not see that the verse I quoted is a reference to Jacob and Esau?

Jacob obtained Esau's blessing by his blind father believing he was His first born son that had the scarlet cord tied around his ankle at birth.

Jacob wore a cloak to receive his blessing, though Esau was the Heir.

Galatians 3. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ like a garment. 28 There is no Jew or Greek, slave or free, male or female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, heirs according to the promise.

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Faith alone is your mother that you need to bow down to and show obeisance.

Seriously.....

John 3:16 .... To believe is to obey.

We become debtors with a debt of Love and forgiveness.

This Love is our work.

Like the forgiven debtor that turned around and beat his servant for a lesser debt, judgment based on law yields judgment by Moses.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I'm not invalidating obedience, I'm simply saying that ours is weak and unworthy. Gods standard is perfection. He alone meets that standard. He asks Love from us above all other calls. Faith yields Love, not judgment. Our works of the flesh, yield Spiritual ruin, but the work of the Holy Spirit yields Love!!!

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, ........ But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Who were we baptized in the name of..... Jesus.... How does this bring such disunity and emptiness of respect. Why is everyone here that professes Christ acting as if they follow another... Is not Christ the end of our strife?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Who cares about Calvin or any other. Catholic or Protestant.... Individuals and all institutions fall short. There is only the unity and peace in Jesus.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Faith alone is a false doctrine as taught by the many, and Catholicism is false.

God's Truth,

Have you read a catechism?

I have, and faith.. Belief is not the call.

It is so full of teachings of men and requirements that I can't even believe you believe what you said.

Seriously.. Read one.

KingdomRose

It demands absolute and total perfection. Anything less than total perfection is sin.

The Jews took the ordinances and the commandments and composed over 600 rules and laws for holy living that they called the Torah. Little did they know that they had just scratched the surface. If one took all of the ordinances and the commandments and really looked at what is required to keep the law, instead of hundreds of laws and rules it would be more like thousands. The Law of Moses involves ever facet of ones life, from the time that you get up in the morning until you go to bed at night everything is dictated by law.

On the Sabbath you cannot do any work. Many Jews will not move a chair or open a drawer on the Sabbath because that is considered to be work. "Six days shalt thou labor, and do thy work, but the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thou son, nor thou daughter, thy manservant, nor thou maid servant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is with thy gates" Exodus 20:9, 10.

I have heard that some Jews will not get out of bed on the sabbath, because throwing the covers off of the bed to get up is considered to be work. I would say that putting your clothes on would also be work. Now about tying your shoes? The possibilities are endless.

Jesus said, "Be perfect even as you Father in heaven is perfect" Matthew 5:48. Are you perfect? What many do not understand is that the law is spiritual, Romans 7:14. It searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12. Are all of your thoughts pure and without sin? Not mine. When Paul looked into the spiritual aspect of the law he confessed, "For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwells no good thing" Romans 7:18. It was because of the law that Paul also confessed that he was "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

The purpose of the law is to show us that we fail to measure up to God's standards, Romans 3:23 and that we are in desperate need of savior. The law is our schoolmaster that brings us to Christ, Galatians 3:24. If the law doesn't make you run to Christ to escape the judgment that is to come upon those that are under the law, I doubt if anything will.

I agree.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I came here expecting a group of people that wouldn't argue and bicker. But instead I see myself arguing and bickering.

Ugggg

Disgusted in myself.

I embrace all as my Family. I refuse to invalidate a single persons stance on God here and recognize what each of you are saying.

Much Love, and regret for stirring the pot.

May the Lord unify us all in Love of Him and one another. May our differences not define our disunity, but our unity. May our Father of Fathers teach us each according to His will for each of us.

What ever you claim as belief, may we all be unified by the Prince of Peace.

I acknowledge that each of you have excellent points that deserve respect and are children of God searching.

I acknowledge that my being right or wrong is not important, but merely part of this blessed gift of life, learning and hunger to know God better each day.

Ben Masada

I came here expecting a group of people that wouldn't argue and bicker. But instead I see myself arguing and bickering.

Ugggg

Disgusted in myself.

I embrace all as my Family. I refuse to invalidate a single persons stance on God here and recognize what each of you are saying.

May the Lord unify us all in Love of Him and one another. May our differences not define our disunity, but our unity. May our Father of Fathers teach us each according to His will for each of us.

I acknowledge that each of you have excellent points that deserve respect and are children of God searching.

I acknowledge that my being right or wrong is not important, but merely part of this blessed gift of life, learning and hunger to know God better each day.

Welcome to the club, Nameless! I am glad the place is not the way you wish it were before you did the first stirring. Do you know something, Nameless? Controversy is the best way to learn from.

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Ugggg

Disgusted in myself.

Welcome to the club, Nameless!

Smiling... Thank you Ben. Laughing now.

KingdomRose

Only this:

Micah 6:8
8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?​

Yes, and to include Jesus' comment:

"On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets":

"'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'" (Matthew 22:37-40, NASB)

Now, he was quoting from the O.T. at Leviticus 19:18, Deuteronomy 6:5 and Deuteronomy 10:12. When we look at the verses in Deuteronomy in, for example, Young's Literal Translation, we can see, without equivocation, just who "the LORD" is, and I'm sure Jesus pronounced the Name.

"And now, Israel, what is Jehovah thy God asking from thee, except to fear Jehovah thy God, to walk in all His ways, and to love Him, and to serve Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul." (Deut.10:12)

So, according to Jesus, to love his Father, Jehovah, was the most important thing we can do. Micah 6:8 correlates with this, of course. We just need to know which "God" is our God. Some people follow Brahma, Vishnu and Siva or Amaterasu and Susanoo, or even Haile Selasse.

God's name appears in the Hebrew Scriptures as the Tetragrammaton, YHWH, around 7,000 times. We must know who the God of Jesus and his followers is. (John 20:17; Revelation 3:12)