What does God's Holy Law Demand?

Elia

Do you comprehend that your so-called obedience is the filthiest of filthy rags and the stink of a stench in the nostrils of God?

Bs"d

So somebody who obeys God is "the filthiest of filthy rags and the stink of a stench in the nostrils of God", and a lawless pagan who throws God's laws overboard is a pleasure for God??? :confused::confused::confused:

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil,
who put darkness for light and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!!"

Isaiah 5:20

Epoisses

The Jews used to have to give BLOOD offerings for their sins---so that they could make themselves RIGHTEOUS BEFORE GOD.

You're trying to do the same thing with your so-called obedience. The desperate attempt of the sinner to make himself righteous. The bible says we become righteous by faith, by believing on him whom God raised from the dead.

Epoisses

Bs"d

So somebody who obeys God is "the filthiest of filthy rags and the stink of a stench in the nostrils of God", and a lawless pagan who throws God's laws overboard is a pleasure for God??? :confused::confused::confused:

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil,
who put darkness for light and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!!"

Isaiah 5:20

You don't obey, pagan! The pagans of our day multiply laws without number thanks to your corrupt influence. Obedience is believing the gospel.

beloved57

I agree... I was trying to see where people stood on grace vs law. It is clear. It is also clear that some are disagreeing over issues that aren't issues at all.

But others here do not believe in the deity of Jesus.

All a good show of healthy discussion.

I like this forum.

Sent from my iPad using TOL
You agree with what exactly?

God's Truth

You're trying to do the same thing with your so-called obedience. The desperate attempt of the sinner to make himself righteous. The bible says we become righteous by faith, by believing on him whom God raised from the dead.

I can easily prove that you are merely repeating what a false teacher taught you.

Tell me first, was Moses righteous?

Answer that then I will have one more question for you.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

You agree with what exactly?

I agree that Righteousness is the Holy work of God, in God's flesh alone, and that his good work is credited to us by faith.

That we who Sin are justified by the Grace of the only Righteousness ONE, by the righteousness of the ONE that knew no sin, yet allowed Himself to be condemned by all our sins.

He who knew no sin was condemned as ALL sin, that we who sin could be counted Perfect in the sight of God.

This is Him seeing us as Him, and not as the righteousness of filthy rags that we sometimes offer up in error.

I agree that Righteousness by faith is His work alone

I profess Yeshewa/Yeoushewa/ Jesus/ Father/Son/Spirit as One Great, proclaiming the poor rich, by bestowing His riches upon us out of Love and Love alone.

I proclaim....

Jesus, You alone are Holy, Holy, Holy and You alone are the just Judge and worthy of all our praise.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

I can easily prove that you are merely repeating what a false teacher taught you.

No.... He struck the Rock.. For this, he did not enter the promised land. He also fled his original birth land because he murdered a fellow Egyptian and feared reprisal.

Would you please tell me if you keep the Law of stone? To the extent that Jesus clarifies in the beatitudes?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

2nd Corinthians 12:

I know a man in Christ who was caught up into the third heaven 14 years ago. Whether he was in the body or out of the body, I don’t know, God knows. 3 I know that this man—whether in the body or out of the body I don’t know, God knows— 4 was caught up into paradise. He heard inexpressible words, which a man is not allowed to speak. 5 I will boast about this person, but not about myself, except of my weaknesses. 6 For if I want to boast, I will not be a fool, because I will be telling the truth. But I will spare you, so that no one can credit me with something beyond what he sees in me or hears from me, 7 especially because of the extraordinary revelations. Therefore, so that I would not exalt myself, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger[a] of Satan to torment me so I would not exalt myself. 8 Concerning this, I pleaded with the Lord three times to take it away from me. 9 But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may reside in me. 10 So I take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, catastrophes, persecutions, and in pressures, because of Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Galatians 2

15 We who are Jews by birth and not “Gentile sinners” 16 know that no one is justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ.[f] And we have believed in Christ Jesus so that we might be justified by faith in Christ[g] and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no human being will[h] be justified. 17 But if we ourselves are also found to be “sinners” while seeking to be justified by Christ, is Christ then a promoter of sin? Absolutely not! 18 If I rebuild the system[j] I tore down, I show myself to be a lawbreaker. 19 For through the law I have died to the law, so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ[k] 20 and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body,[l] I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died for nothing.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
No.... He struck the Rock.. For this, he did not enter the promised land. He also fled his original birth land because he murdered a fellow Egyptian and feared reprisal.

Would you please tell me if you keep the Law of stone? To the extent that Jesus clarifies in the beatitudes?

Galatians 3

3 You foolish Galatians! Who has hypnotized you,[a] before whose eyes Jesus Christ was vividly portrayed as crucified? 2 I only want to learn this from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law or by hearing with faith?[c] 3 Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now going to be made complete by the flesh?[d] 4 Did you suffer so much for nothing—if in fact it was for nothing? 5 So then, does God supply you with the Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law or by hearing with faith?[e]

6 Just as Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him for righteousness,[f] 7 then understand that those who have faith are Abraham’s sons. 8 Now the Scripture saw in advance that God would justify the Gentiles by faith and told the good news ahead of time to Abraham, saying, All the nations will be blessed through you.[g] 9 So those who have faith are blessed with Abraham, who had faith.[h]

Law and Promise
10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, because it is written: Everyone who does not continue doing everything written in the book of the law is cursed. 11 Now it is clear that no one is justified before God by the law, because the righteous will live by faith.[j] 12 But the law is not based on faith; instead, the one who does these things will live by them.[k] 13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, because it is written: Everyone who is hung on a tree is cursed.[l] 14 The purpose was that the blessing of Abraham would come to the Gentiles by Christ Jesus, so that we could receive the promised Spirit through faith.

15 Brothers, I’m using a human illustration.[m] No one sets aside or makes additions to even a human covenant[n] that has been ratified. 16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say “and to seeds,” as though referring to many, but referring to one, and to your seed,[o] who is Christ. 17 And I say this: The law, which came 430 years later, does not revoke a covenant that was previously ratified by God[p] and cancel the promise. 18 For if the inheritance is from the law, it is no longer from the promise; but God granted it to Abraham through the promise.

God's Truth

Galatians 2

15 We who are Jews by birth and not “Gentile sinners” 16 know that no one is justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ.[f] And we have believed in Christ Jesus so that we might be justified by faith in Christ[g] and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no human being will[h] be justified. 17 But if we ourselves are also found to be “sinners” while seeking to be justified by Christ, is Christ then a promoter of sin? Absolutely not! 18 If I rebuild the system[j] I tore down, I show myself to be a lawbreaker. 19 For through the law I have died to the law, so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ[k] 20 and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body,[l] I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died for nothing.

Do you really think that Paul was speaking about the works of the law that no longer save is obedience?

Paul is explaining that the works of the law that no longer save are the PURIFICATION/CEREMONIAL works.

Paul did NOT REBUKE the Galatians for obeying. Paul rebuked the Galatians for being led astray by the Judaizers to get circumcised and observe special days.

beloved57

I agree that Righteousness is the Holy work of God, in God's flesh alone, and that his good work is credited to us by faith.

That we who Sin are justified by the Grace of the only Righteousness ONE, by the righteousness of the ONE that knew no sin, yet allowed Himself to be condemned by all our sins.

He who knew no sin was condemned as ALL sin, that we who sin could be counted Perfect in the sight of God.

This is Him seeing us as Him, and not as the righteousness of filthy rags that we sometimes offer up in error.

I agree that Righteousness by faith is His work alone

I profess Yeshewa/Yeoushewa/ Jesus/ Father/Son/Spirit as One Great, proclaiming the poor rich, by bestowing His riches upon us out of Love and Love alone.

I proclaim....

Jesus, You alone are Holy, Holy, Holy and You alone are the just Judge and worthy of all our praise.

I never stated those things. You could not have been agreeing with what I stated.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Do you really think that Paul was speaking about the works of the law that no longer save is obedience?

Paul is explaining that the works of the law that no longer save are the PURIFICATION/CEREMONIAL works.

Paul did NOT REBUKE the Galatians for obeying. Paul rebuked the Galatians for being led astray by the Judaizers to get circumcised and observe special days.

You have a pick and choose method of understanding the law.

Perhaps Hebrews then:

Old Covenant Ministry
9 Now the first covenant also had regulations for ministry and an earthly sanctuary. 2 For a tabernacle was set up, and in the first room, which is called the holy place, were the lampstand, the table, and the presentation loaves. 3 Behind the second curtain, the tabernacle was called the most holy place. 4 It contained the gold altar of incense and the ark of the covenant, covered with gold on all sides, in which there was a gold jar containing the manna, Aaron’s staff that budded, ---------and the tablets of the covenant. ---------------5 The cherubim of glory were above it overshadowing the mercy seat. It is not possible to speak about these things in detail right now.

6 With these things set up this way, the priests enter the first room repeatedly, performing their ministry. 7 But the high priest alone enters the second room, and he does that only once a year, and never without blood, which he offers for himself and for the sins of the people committed in ignorance. 8 The Holy Spirit was making it clear that the way into the most holy place had not yet been disclosed while the first tabernacle was still standing. 9 This is a symbol for the present time, during which gifts and sacrifices are offered that cannot perfect the worshiper’s conscience. 10 They are physical regulations and only deal with food, drink, and various washings imposed until the time of restoration.

New Covenant Ministry
11 But the Messiah has appeared, high priest of the good things that have come.[a] In the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands (that is, not of this creation), 12 He entered the most holy place once for all, not by the blood of goats and calves, but by His own blood, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a young cow, sprinkling those who are defiled, sanctify for the purification of the flesh, 14 how much more will the blood of the Messiah, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse our consciences from dead works to serve the living God?

15 Therefore, He is the mediator of a new covenant,[c] so that those who are called might receive the promise of the eternal inheritance, because a death has taken place for redemption from the transgressions committed under the first covenant. 16 Where a will exists, the death of the one who made it must be established. 17 For a will is valid only when people die, since it is never in force while the one who made it is living. 18 That is why even the first covenant was inaugurated with blood. 19 For when every command had been proclaimed by Moses to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and goats, along with water, scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll itself and all the people, 20 saying, This is the blood of the covenant that God has commanded for you.[d] 21 In the same way, he sprinkled the tabernacle and all the articles of worship with blood. 22 According to the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

23 Therefore it was necessary for the copies of the things in the heavens to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves to be purified with better sacrifices than these. 24 For the Messiah did not enter a sanctuary made with hands (only a model[e] of the true one) but into heaven itself, so that He might now appear in the presence of God for us. 25 He did not do this to offer Himself many times, as the high priest enters the sanctuary yearly with the blood of another. 26 Otherwise, He would have had to suffer many times since the foundation of the world. But now He has appeared one time, at the end of the ages, for the removal of sin by the sacrifice of Himself. 27 And just as it is appointed for people to die once—and after this, judgment— 28 so also the Messiah, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but[f] to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him.

It lists the tablets of the covenant in the list of the old covenant.... The Jews know this is the entire Torah. Why do you think they hate Paul so much. They call him replacement theology, because they don't understand what Jesus did when He FULFILLED the requirements of the ENTIRE law, that many would be saved by faith ALONE.

The work of the Father is to Believe in the one He sent.... Jesus!!!!

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said that.....

He also said, you search the scriptures, because in them you think you have salvation, BUT these are the very scriptures which testify of me....

Would you that Jesus turns the STONES to Bread?

God's Truth

Hebrews 3:2 He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God's house.

Exodus 40:16
Thus Moses did; according to all that the LORD had commanded him, so he did.

Numbers 12:7
"Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household;

Hebrews 3:5
Now Moses was faithful as a servant in all God's house, testifying to what would be spoken later.

beloved57

All the Obedience to the Law of God that God required for Righteousness, My Jesus Christ fulfilled the same for me and made me Righteous before God. Rom 5:19!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

God's Truth

You have a pick and choose method of understanding the law.

Perhaps Hebrews then:

Old Covenant Ministry
9 Now the first covenant also had regulations for ministry and an earthly sanctuary. 2 For a tabernacle was set up, and in the first room, which is called the holy place, were the lampstand, the table, and the presentation loaves. 3 Behind the second curtain, the tabernacle was called the most holy place. 4 It contained the gold altar of incense and the ark of the covenant, covered with gold on all sides, in which there was a gold jar containing the manna, Aaron’s staff that budded, ---------and the tablets of the covenant. ---------------5 The cherubim of glory were above it overshadowing the mercy seat. It is not possible to speak about these things in detail right now.

6 With these things set up this way, the priests enter the first room repeatedly, performing their ministry. 7 But the high priest alone enters the second room, and he does that only once a year, and never without blood, which he offers for himself and for the sins of the people committed in ignorance. 8 The Holy Spirit was making it clear that the way into the most holy place had not yet been disclosed while the first tabernacle was still standing. 9 This is a symbol for the present time, during which gifts and sacrifices are offered that cannot perfect the worshiper’s conscience. 10 They are physical regulations and only deal with food, drink, and various washings imposed until the time of restoration.

New Covenant Ministry
11 But the Messiah has appeared, high priest of the good things that have come.[a] In the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands (that is, not of this creation), 12 He entered the most holy place once for all, not by the blood of goats and calves, but by His own blood, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a young cow, sprinkling those who are defiled, sanctify for the purification of the flesh, 14 how much more will the blood of the Messiah, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse our consciences from dead works to serve the living God?

15 Therefore, He is the mediator of a new covenant,[c] so that those who are called might receive the promise of the eternal inheritance, because a death has taken place for redemption from the transgressions committed under the first covenant. 16 Where a will exists, the death of the one who made it must be established. 17 For a will is valid only when people die, since it is never in force while the one who made it is living. 18 That is why even the first covenant was inaugurated with blood. 19 For when every command had been proclaimed by Moses to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and goats, along with water, scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll itself and all the people, 20 saying, This is the blood of the covenant that God has commanded for you.[d] 21 In the same way, he sprinkled the tabernacle and all the articles of worship with blood. 22 According to the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

23 Therefore it was necessary for the copies of the things in the heavens to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves to be purified with better sacrifices than these. 24 For the Messiah did not enter a sanctuary made with hands (only a model[e] of the true one) but into heaven itself, so that He might now appear in the presence of God for us. 25 He did not do this to offer Himself many times, as the high priest enters the sanctuary yearly with the blood of another. 26 Otherwise, He would have had to suffer many times since the foundation of the world. But now He has appeared one time, at the end of the ages, for the removal of sin by the sacrifice of Himself. 27 And just as it is appointed for people to die once—and after this, judgment— 28 so also the Messiah, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but[f] to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him.

It lists the tablets of the covenant in the list of the old covenant.... The Jews know this is the entire Torah. Why do you think they hate Paul so much. They call him replacement theology, because they don't understand what Jesus did when He FULFILLED the requirements of the ENTIRE law, that many would be saved by faith ALONE.

The work of the Father is to Believe in the one He sent.... Jesus!!!!

Do you really think that the scriptures that say we are to 'believe' nullifies the scriptures that say obey?