What does God's Holy Law Demand?

God's Truth

Jesus IS THE WORD OF GOD.

That means whatever Jesus says---it is the Word of God.

When Jesus says do this and do that, he is showing us the Way to be saved, and the Way to stay saved.

His words are SPIRIT AND LIFE.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

By OBEYING HIM!

Repent or perish.

Humble yourselves.

Forgive to be forgiven by God.

1Ti 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

God's Truth

1Ti 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul is giving encouragement for those who think they are too bad for Jesus to save.

Paul obeyed and repented before he was saved.

Paul's conversion proves it is NOT by faith alone, for when Paul finally believed in Jesus---he still was NOT yet saved.

Acts 9:6 "Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."

That is WHAT Jesus said to Paul AFTER Paul had believed in Jesus.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul is giving encouragement for those who think they are too bad for Jesus to save.

Paul obeyed and repented before he was saved.

Paul's conversion proves it is NOT by faith alone, for when Paul finally believed in Jesus---he still was NOT yet saved.

Acts 9:6 "Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."

That is WHAT Jesus said to Paul AFTER Paul had believed in Jesus.

Meriting the merit of Christ seeks to glory in one's self and not in the finished work of Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So what if God said that it was alright to murder people if they make your really really mad?

Would that make murder good or would it make God evil?

There is NO third option here Jacob.

This might feel like I'm wasting your time here but I promise I am not. There are several here who understand what I'm doing intuitively. You'll see it too, just be patient.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Murder is never okay.

God's Truth

Any thing against the Law of Moses is never okay. Never forget what Jesus said in his parable of the Riechman and Lazarus: If you never want to end up in hell-fire in the afterlife, listen to "Moses" aka the Law. That's in Luke 16:29-31.

You do not obey Moses' teachings. Where is your temple and where is your blood offering?

JonahofAkron

Yes, He did. This I know, because the Bible tells me so...

Colossians 2:14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
Have you not been reading other threads? It's been made abundantly clear multiple times that Colossians 2 is talking about the debt incurred through a transaction. That's what the Greek says. Any interpretation outside of that is antinomian.

The context is clear. No need to be some sort of expert. All you have to do is read it. Paul is referencing the law, making repeated references to things like circumcision and forbidden foods etc.
In these moments, he warns against the use of the Law by certain sects of Judaism to justify and save the Gentiles. It's the same argument that occurred in Acts 15: do the Gentiles need to be circumcised and keep the Law in order to be saved. Paul says no. Peter says no. They are saved because of faith and then are to learn Moses as he is taught in synagogue every Sabbath.

Repeating yourself, which you're about to do, doesn't help the fact that I proved that you were wrong. You can't just ignore an argument, repeat your position and think you've accomplished something other than having wasted everyone's time.
Ok.

Saying it doesn't make it so. The fact is, at one time it was forbidden to execute murderers, then it became immoral not to. At one time, "every moving thing that lives" could be eaten, then, for certain people, certain animals were "unclean" and could not be eaten, and now its back to eat what you want. At one time there was no law, then the law was required, now there is no law again (for righteousness sake). At one time reproducing with close relatives was fine, now its immoral (both for good reason). There are hundreds of things that were immoral at one time and now are not or vise versa.
If this is to justify your reasoning behind your your antinomianism, enjoy yourself. Before you do that, just understand that all of the commands (which are the categories that all the other commands fall into) were followed and understood in Genesis.
That will be the last time I repeat myself. Either respond to the argument or I'll know that you cannot.
Fine with me. Just understand that I will still respond to error filled posts.... Even if you don't want to respond to me.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 5:2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.

Try at least reading the New Testament through at least once before you get on this website and be condescending toward those of us who have actually put the time in required to know what we're talking about.

Resting in Him,
Clete
None of the verses prove anything except our unity and that the law isn't our salvation.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

Ben Masada

I agree. The reason I said this is because it appeared to be implied that someone might think that if they are mad they can murder, which is false and wrong.

The only occasion in Israel when one was allowed to murder was for the avenger of the blood to get even but only before the original murder did not in time reach a city of refuge and as long as the High Priest was still alive.

God's Truth

The only occasion in Israel when one was allowed to murder was for the avenger of the blood to get even but only before the original murder did not in time reach a city of refuge and as long as the High Priest was still alive.

We have a city of refuge, it is the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God.

Hebrews 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul mentions many of those ordinances written in the Book of the Law that still apply. Where do we draw the line? Only the Spirit can guide us.

There are two types of sin for the children of God. There is a sin not unto death and there is a sin unto death. (1 John 5:16-17)