What does God's Holy Law Demand?

God's Truth

Romans 11:28 KJV
(28) As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

God loves His creation, but does not know you or anyone else unless you are obeying Him. Want scripture references?

Paul is merely explaining that Jews are not cut off all together as a rejected ethnic people.

achduke

(28) As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Romans 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

They are enemies now putting us all on the same level as them to obtain mercy for all and not just them. We are still all the same body grafted in together onto the same root.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

God loves His creation, but does not know you or anyone else unless you are obeying Him. Want scripture references?

Paul is merely explaining that Jews are not cut off all together as a rejected ethnic people.
THEY are enemies of the gospel.
THEY are beloved of God.

God's Truth

THEY are enemies of the gospel.
THEY are beloved of God.

Again, Paul is showing that the Jews as an ethnicity is NOT cut off and hardened forever, even though it might have seemed that way.

The unfaithful Jews were cut off to be bound with the non obedient Gentiles.

What does that mean?

It means EVERYONE, JEW and GENTILE and EVERYONE else is CONDEMNED.

Unless, unless they come to Him, God, through Jesus Christ.

There is NO FAVORITISM.

What does that mean?

It means you cannot say, "But I am a Jew, blood related to Abraham."

It means you cannot say, "But I am a Christian, because I say I believe."

We are known by God and LOVED by God if we OBEY Him.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

God's Truth

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

2 John 1:6
And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

Psalm 91:14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.

1 Samuel 2:30
"Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: 'I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.' But now the LORD declares: 'Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.

John 14:21
The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Again, Paul is showing that the Jews as an ethnicity is NOT cut off and hardened forever, even though it might have seemed that way.

The unfaithful Jews were cut off to be bound with the non obedient Gentiles.

What does that mean?

It means EVERYONE, JEW and GENTILE and EVERYONE else is CONDEMNED.

Unless, unless they come to Him, God, through Jesus Christ.

There is NO FAVORITISM.

What does that mean?

It means you cannot say, "But I am a Jew, blood related to Abraham."

It means you cannot say, "But I am a Christian, because I say I believe."

We are known by God and LOVED by God if we OBEY Him.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God
THEY is Israel.
Enemies of the gospel.
Beloved of God.

The next verse tells why.

Romans 11:29 KJV
(29) For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Now that we are under the Spirit and not the written law, what laws are no longer applied in the Spirit that were previously written down?

They are the ordinances written in the Book of the Law that was placed beside the ark of the covenant, but not in it.
(Deuteronomy 31:26)

achduke

They are the ordinances written in the Book of the Law that was placed beside the ark of the covenant, but not in it.

Paul mentions many of those ordinances written in the Book of the Law that still apply. Where do we draw the line? Only the Spirit can guide us.

Galatians 5:19-21 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

God's Truth

THEY is Israel.
Enemies of the gospel.
Beloved of God.

The next verse tells why.

Romans 11:29 KJV
(29) For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
That means not ALL the Jews were cut off forever.

It means the Jews were now bound to disobedience---just like the Gentiles.

It means that Jew and Gentile alike can be saved if they go through Jesus.

God does not care anymore about to whom we are blood related!

God cared at a time because He promised Abraham that through a BLOOD relation the promised Messiah would come.

Jesus is the promised Messiah BLOOD related to Abraham.

Now it does NOT matter anymore if one is blood related to Abraham---it only matters about Jesus' shed blood on the cross, and ALL are condemned until they come to God through Jesus.

God's Truth

John 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

NOT OF NATURAL DESCENT means it does NOT matter anymore if one is blood related to Abraham.

NOR OF HUMAN DECISION means a person CANNOT just decide for themselves if they want to be saved or not.

GOD DECIDES if He accepts you.

Not by the will of a husband means a saved husband cannot decide if he wants his wife to be a child of God.

It is up to God who He saves.

WHO DOES GOD SAVE?

God saves those who get His teachings and obeys them.

God's Truth

NOR OF HUMAN DECISION means a person CANNOT just decide for themselves if they want to be saved or not.

No one can be talked into being saved by telling themselves I believe therefore I am saved!!!

God's Truth

John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus. He came preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins (Luke 1:76-80).

We are still to confess that we are sinners, and to repent, to prepare the way for Jesus Christ into our lives.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

God's Truth

We have to be acceptable to Jesus before he saves us:

Acts 15:8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.