What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Army of One

fool said:
was God the father of Adam?
In a literal sense, no. And I realize that in Jesus' genealogy in Luke's Gospel is lists Adam as the son of God, but obviously that doesn't make him God's literal son, but rather His offspring in a sense, since He created him. The same holds true for Satan. Yes, God created Lucifer, a righteous angel who later rebelled and became what we label Satan or the Devil. But what you are trying to imply is that God is Satan's father, as though Satan were equal to Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God. And in saying that God is Satan's father, you also insinuate that God is responsible for Satan's wickedness, which He isn't.

Balder

Army of One said:
In a literal sense, no. And I realize that in Jesus' genealogy in Luke's Gospel is lists Adam as the son of God, but obviously that doesn't make him God's literal son, but rather His offspring in a sense, since He created him. The same holds true for Satan. Yes, God created Lucifer, a righteous angel who later rebelled and became what we label Satan or the Devil. But what you are trying to imply is that God is Satan's father, as though Satan were equal to Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God. And in saying that God is Satan's father, you also insinuate that God is responsible for Satan's wickedness, which He isn't.
Where does Satan's wickedness come from? Some say he was the most perfect of the angels. Did he have some defect, some deficit in knowledge, to think he could possibly defeat or hurt God? That he could get away with his rebellion? That it was worthwhile to cause harm to the only source of goodness, well-being, and life in the universe, including his own?

Army of One

Balder said:
Where does Satan's wickedness come from? Some say he was the most perfect of the angels.
Satan's wickedness came from his own free-will choices, just as Adam's did.
Did he have some defect, some deficit in knowledge, to think he could possibly defeat or hurt God? That he could get away with his rebellion? That it was worthwhile to cause harm to the only source of goodness, well-being, and life in the universe, including his own?
I wouldn't say he had a defect, other than to say that he wasn't omnipotent and therefore probably wouldn't have known that there was no possible way to defeat God. Or he could have just been blinded by his own pride and desire to be like God.

fool

Hall of Fame
Army of One said:
the geneology was what I was thinking of.
if you want to say it's not meant to be literal that's your right.
if you want to have the conversation again with creator instead of father it winds up the same. God created that darn apple tree to.

intro2faith

fool said:
the geneology was what I was thinking of.
if you want to say it's not meant to be literal that's your right.
if you want to have the conversation again with creator instead of father it winds up the same. God created that darn apple tree to.
Satan chose to defy God out of free will. Man chose to defy God out of free will.

Do you realize that if God didn't give us free will everyone would be whining about that too? :sigh: There's just no way to win with some people. ;)

eccl3_6

BANNED
Banned
intro2faith said:
Do you realize that if God didn't give us free will everyone would be whining about that too? :sigh:

Surely thats the point...if we didn't have free will we wouldn't be able to whine.

fool

Hall of Fame
intro2faith said:
Satan chose to defy God out of free will. Man chose to defy God out of free will.

Do you realize that if God didn't give us free will everyone would be whining about that too? :sigh: There's just no way to win with some people. ;)
Interesting, you posit that Adam had free will.
but until he ate the apple he had no knowledge of good or evil.
how could he understand that it was wrong until he did it?
can you see the bootstraps on that story?
(I realize that it probably wasen't an apple)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Army of One said:
I'm not sure you can actually support that with logic or scripture...

Since he wasn't omniscient, how could Lucifer/Satan choose "evil" which, until after his choice, had never existed at all? :think:

fool

Hall of Fame
Zakath said:

Since he wasn't omniscient, how could Lucifer/Satan choose "evil" which, until after his choice, had never existed at all? :think:
exactly where I was going.

Army of One

Zakath said:

As long as there are creatures that possess freewill, the potential for evil exists, even if nobody up until that point had brought evil into actuality. One doesn't need to be omniscient to hate God, or to disobey Him.

Balder

Army of One said:

I wouldn't say he had a defect, other than to say that he wasn't omnipotent and therefore probably wouldn't have known that there was no possible way to defeat God. Or he could have just been blinded by his own pride and desire to be like God.
It sounds like Satan was ignorant, at least in certain important ways.

Also, considering some of your later comments to Zakath and Fool, "hating God" doesn't make sense if God is all that Christians say He is -- the Ground of Being, the Source of all Life, the Fountain of Goodness and Well-being for one and all -- rather than just another limited, contingent being. Only when you consider God to be "just another guy" can you pursue the folly of hating him and trying to defeat him. If you recognize what He is, and what He means, for all beings, then hating Him would be profoundly misguided and ignorant, wouldn't you say? It's like blowing up the sun because you are tired of its brightness, not realizing that you'll die in an instant once you get rid of it. Or cutting out your own heart because you are annoyed with its thumping.

Army of One

Balder said:
It sounds like Satan was ignorant, at least in certain important ways.

Also, considering some of your later comments to Zakath and Fool, "hating God" doesn't make sense if God is all that Christians say He is -- the Ground of Being, the Source of all Life, the Fountain of Goodness and Well-being for one and all -- rather than just another limited, contingent being. Only when you consider God to be "just another guy" can you pursue the folly of hating him and trying to defeat him. If you recognize what He is, and what He means, for all beings, then hating Him would be profoundly misguided and ignorant, wouldn't you say? It's like blowing up the sun because you are tired of its brightness, not realizing that you'll die in an instant once you get rid of it. Or cutting out your own heart because you are annoyed with its thumping.
No one ever claimed that hating God, or disobeying Him was a justifiable or logical action.

Balder

I point that out because Buddhism teaches that evil action is rooted, ultimately, in ignorance. As a Buddhist, I find the failure to acknowledge this to be a source of much strife and hatred among people; and conversely, acknowledging this contributes to the growth of compassion and a more universal care. When you consider a person or being to be inherently evil, you are a short step away from justification of hatred, murder...and eternal punishment.

Last edited:

Pepper

intro2faith said:
And that's wonderful that you don't harm people. But you don't have to be a serial killer to be serving Satan. He is deceiving you by making you think that you don't need Christ.

...and back to square one.

Satan is an entity designed to help grasp the concept of evil and be able to pack it all up into a tidy little tupperware. And as satan is more of a personification of evil and not so much an actual being. And as I am not serving evil. Nope, not serving satan.

Last edited:

beanieboy

eccl3_6 said:
I don't think Beanieboy is serving Satan. Lets ask him...

"Beanieboy, are you serving Satan?"

I am Buddhist.
I don't believe that I am serving God, nor Satan, because I question their existence.

I believe that there is some Creative Force which I don't define.
Buddhist texts says that we are to have purity in word, action, and thought, but most importantly, in thought, which is the root of the other two. We are to care for those around us. We are to offer what we have willingly without wanting to be paid back in return. We are to help parents care for their children, babysit your friend's kids for free, and give of your time, because the parents need some time for themselves as well. And putting out as much positive energy as we can, being nurturing, caring, lending an ear, a shoulder, a hand, whatever, to any stranger that needs it, in turn, pleases the Creator.

So, yes, I am serving someone, but I would say that it is humanity.

Last edited:

beanieboy

Galations 5:
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control.

Or does my fruit show envy, my mouth filled with vulgarity, my hard hardened to say spiteful things to those who are the most vulnerable, my desires filled with murder, rage, contempt, my actions showing no mercy, talking only of the evil in the world with no hope, seeing none of the good with pessimism, being quick to anger?

If we know whom people serve by the fruit they bear, look at my fruit, and make your own assessment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.