What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

beanieboy

Army of One said:
Well, if you enjoy Barbara Streisand's music, you just might be my nemesis. :noid:

Edited: I think I'd rather hear a cat screeching as it's run over by a car than listen to her music. :chuckle:

Come onnnnn!

You don't like "Don't rain on my parade"?
Or "People"?

I don't love all of her stuff, but I love her.
What's up Doc. Yentl. All that.

Army of One

beanieboy said:
Come onnnnn!

You don't like "Don't rain on my parade"?
Or "People"?

I don't love all of her stuff, but I love her.
What's up Doc. Yentl. All that.
:vomit: <- Sorry, that's a natural reaction when I think about her. :D

Army of One

beanieboy said:
Really?
You don't like Funny Girl, or What's Up Doc?

I like her. She's funny.
And gifted.

I could barely sit through Meet the Fockers because she was in it. I wonder if Poly can add "He's a Barbara Streisand fan" to the multiple choices in the poll? That would get my vote. :BRAVO:

Four O'Clock

Nineveh said:
Shoot, I don't think Poly is on to reply to you sleepy time :)

And she probably won't. I'll admit that I can be as wrong as the next person with my take on an issue but the oft arrogant Poly (all of what - early 30's such wisdom ;) ) in her own mind has never uttered an untruth in her life and instead rather than growing in her faith and being an effective disciple she seemingly spends all her time in here (thank God for that) spewing her venom at people and issues ad nauseum.

I've done the same thing to BillyBob calling him out on his secular "right wing" garbage - tho I have to think that maybe, just maybe, he might have his tongue in his cheek a bit...naaah.

Same with Poly and her "Christianity". Most likely a kind, decent, woman, wife, and mother who has stepped out on the extremist fringe with this Enyart/TOL Christian heresy.

I hardly expect to hear from Poly or BillyBob. They are both in ethically/morally indefensible positions and they know it. That's why they come here and preach to their respective choir(s) so often.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Four O'Clock said:
And she probably won't. I'll admit that I can be as wrong as the next person with my take on an issue but the oft arrogant Poly (all of what - early 30's such wisdom ;) ) in her own mind has never uttered an untruth in her life and instead rather than growing in her faith and being an effective disciple she seemingly spends all her time in here (thank God for that) spewing her venom at people and issues ad nauseum.

I've done the same thing to BillyBob calling him out on his secular "right wing" garbage - tho I have to think that maybe, just maybe, he might have his tongue in his cheek a bit...naaah.

Same with Poly and her "Christianity". Most likely a kind, decent, woman, wife, and mother who has stepped out on the extremist fringe with this Enyart/TOL Christian heresy.

I hardly expect to hear from Poly or BillyBob. They are both in ethically/morally indefensible positions and they know it. That's why they come here and preach to their respective choir(s) so often.

"oft arrogant", that pretty much sums up your post. Anyway, mind making a new thread as to you assertation of: "Enyart/TOL Christian heresy"? Of course you wouldn't want to be seen as a hypocrite after saying things like: "And she probably won't.", "I've done the same thing to BillyBob", and "I hardly expect to hear from Poly or BillyBob." So I'll be looking forward to your new thread :)

Rimi

beanieboy said:
Don't let Rimi get to you.
You can read the thread, and see everything that you find questionable questioned by fellow Christians at several posters here. They don't receive rebuke, just hand it out.

So, your decision is: is this a battle worth fighting?

Almost everyone else has just let it go.

You have to choose your battles.

In my opinion, you are being baited.

Intro2Faith, you're not being baited by me. You entered into this of your own free will and ill equipped to boot.

Rimi

intro2faith said:
I've been a Christian most of my life.

You've just described almost every Christian I meet today. "I've been a Christian aaaallll my liiiiiife." (imagine Southern drawl and you'll get the whole deal)

And yet, you are ignorant of Scriptures. You choose a fag over the word of God.

Rimi

intro2faith said:
I am positive that name calling and everything else that Rimi has been doing is not going to lead beanieboy to Christ. We are to confront in LOVE. I can give you lots of Bible verses to back this up if you'd like :)

Did Elijah lead the priests of Baal to the living God by mocking them and their beliefs?

Did Jesus lead anyone to the living God by calling them sons of their father the devil? brood of vipers? unbelieving generation? dogs? swine?

What makes you think being "nice" to fags like Beanie will do what even Jesus Christ (you know, God) couldn't do?

Rimi

intro2faith said:
There's ONE example of some very unloving behavior. If you want to truly bring beanieboy to the Kingdom, then maybe you could act like you actually care about him.

I'll ask again:

Was it loving of Jesus to call people swine? devil? sons of the devil?

It is not mine to bring this colon cowboy to the Kingdom. Thought that job was the Holy Spirit's.

Rimi

intro2faith said:
Nineveh,

Are you actually condoning Rimis behavior? YES I know that the truth can be offensive. The truth is offensive enough to some people, it doesn't need to be presented in an offensive manner though.

Why not? Jesus did it. Not always, of course. He handled things in a case-by-case manner. I'm not as harsh with every fag I meet as I am with Beanie. Case-by-case.

SOTK

I voted for "He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live." I can't stand it when non-believers try to make a point with the Bible. :nono: Not only are they usually way off in their use of it, it comes off sounding like a policeman trying to tell a fireman how to put out a fire. :down:

Rimi

intro2faith said:
Here ya go:

A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control (Pr. 29:11).

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger (Pr. 15:1).

When a man's ways are pleasing to the Lord, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him (Pr. 16:7).

Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful (2 Tim. 2:23-24).

All of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble (1 Pet. 3:6).

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen (Eph. 4:31).

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger; brawling and slander, along with every form of malice (Eph. 4:31).

If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you; if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer (Pr. 9:12).

An unfriendly man pursues selfish ends; he defies all sound judgment (Pr. 18:1).

He who guards his lips guards his soul, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin (Pr. 13:3).

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you (Eph. 4:32).

As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience (Cor. 3:12).

Here's some really good ones:

A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult (Pr. 12:16).

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone (Rom. 12:17-18).

Do not repay even with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing (1 Pet. 3:9).

There's lots more verses like this, but this should be enough.

Was Jesus always harmonious?

Was there never a time when Jesus called people names?

Was there never a time when Jesus got angry and vented it?

Beanie's going to hell, but you'll feel better because you were nice to him. You're a real piece of work. It should make you angry as all get out, but you focus your energies attempting to rebuke and teach that which you clearly know nothing about.

Rimi

beanieboy said:
You and Rimi offer harsh rebuke, and I'm still going to hell.
So, the harsh rebuke seems rather futile, unless it is done for another purpose.

It is never futile to expose evil. And you are evil the way you profess buttism, er Buddism, and then twist the words of God to suit your purposes. Not to mention how you attempt to make almost every thread you enter all about widdle you. Creep.

Rimi

intro2faith said:
Nineveh,

Your question is pointless. Rimi, as far as I can see, was not rebuking out of love. Therefore, it is not a question of wether or not harsh rebuke is worse than eternity in Hell. The point is, all those verses I pointed out way above ^ are how we are to act. Not in the ways that Rimi was.

My rebuke is not out of love for the fag but rather for love of God. Hating that which is evil. You, on the other hand, love that which is evil and offensive to God.

Rimi

Nineveh said:
Who are you to judge another's witness? Who are you to know what witness the Spirit may use? Rimi is not in danger of hell, intro, bean is. So back to the question you feel is so pointless. Which is more loving? Rebuking bean who faces eternal seperation from God, or rebuking Rimi for rebuking bean?

Nin, she's not going to get it . . . she's been a Christian most of her life. :chuckle:

Rimi

intro2faith said:
I understand where you're coming from, but in those times when the prophets and so forth were acting "rude", didn't they have good motives? They weren't swearing at them or calling them names(I mean MEAN names...like borderline R rated). I guess all I can say is, we all need to watch our motives and always have love for others, and not be easily angered.

You must have magic powers or something . . . you think you know my motives, before I answered. Your milk's getting tepid.

Rimi

beanieboy said:
I believe it is more about their egos.
I have asked if it is a prereq to convert on this website, and have been told no.
But when I don't convert, they get angry.
I never came here intending to convert.

And somehow, calling me dog puke is supposed to make me think, "Gee, I want what they have in their heart."

No one here that I've seen has been angry that you don't accept Christ. They might be saddened by it, naturally. What I do see is those who love Christ intensely sickened by what you choose to do with your body with and to others. You're simply disgusting.

Rimi

intro2faith said:
No, I was not advocating deception. I was beingsarcastic. The fact is, some of these people treat others like crud ALL the time, with never a loving word coming from their mouths, but they SAY that they care about the person they're trashing.

I have NO problem with pointing out that someone is going to Hell because they have not accepted Christ. None whatsoever. It would be horrible not to in fact. BUT why take it one step further and swear at them and call them names and act like you hate them? I'm pretty sure that kind of behavior is not going to make the person being "witnessed to" think "Hey, these people are so loving, and they obviously care for my well being. I want what they have!"

Bottom line: You can say harsh things (ex. - Do you realize you are going to Hell if you don't accept Christ as your Savior?) But you do NOT need to say it in a harsh manner.

And when Jesus was harsh and called people names, He did it with a chuckle and a smile? The money changers' tables that He overturned . . . He was just having them on, right?! You're really needing a carb fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.