ECT WHAT ACTS 2:28 REALLY MEANS !!

lifeisgood

....What we need to understand is how we are saved by the gospel. People believe many different things but I want to know the truth. How does hearing the gospel take the lost and save them?

An UNbeliever hears the Gospel, is convicted by the Holy Spirit that he/she is dead already and going to hell no questions about it, and the UNbeliever BELIEVES the conviction of the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit saves the one who BELIEVES.

The ones who reject that conviction while hearing the Gospel, are lost.

Men love to make the Gospel so difficult that many hearing the good news of Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary for them don't accept and are lost.

Jesus Christ said, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

He said, 'Come.' Just come, and I WILL DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE in you.

lifeisgood

I have a problem with you adding words to the bible. No one, in the bible, talks about the "finished work" of Christ. If it's that important, don't you think even one NT writer would have mentioned it? If it's not from God, where does it come from?

You do not have a problem with me.
You have a problem with the one who said 'It is finished' while hanging on the Cross.

So, no one ever talks about the finished work of Christ. Got it.

Another one who wants to rewrite Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

turbosixx

You do not have a problem with me.
You have a problem with the one who said 'It is finished' while hanging on the Cross.

So, no one ever talks about the finished work of Christ. Got it.

Another one who wants to rewrite Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

Prove, using scripture, Jesus is talking about work when he said "it is finished". You had to get it from somewhere.

turbosixx

Jesus Christ said, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

He said, 'Come.' Just come, and I WILL DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE in you.

Do you really want to understand God's truth? Is this how you go about it? Taking a passage; modifying it in your mind and then re-writing it how you want it to read. I’m trying to help you see that you don’t read the bible, you read into it.

turbosixx

Prove using scripture that He did not.
You had to get it from somewhere.

28After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished,
that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!” 29Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. 30So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said,“It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

ZERO mention of work.

lifeisgood

Do you really want to understand God's truth? Is this how you go about it? Taking a passage; modifying it in your mind and then re-writing it how you want it to read. I’m trying to help you see that you don’t read the bible, you read into it.

So, Jesus did not say, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28) Got it.

lifeisgood

28After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished,
that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!” 29Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. 30So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said,“It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

ZERO mention of work.

So, the Savior of the world is hanging on the Cross of Calvary which was always His destination to bring about the way of salvation to the world, and it is not His Work that He said 'It is finished.' Got it.

turbosixx

So, Jesus did not say, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28) Got it.

He said that because I can read it in scripture. This is what he didn't say because it's not in scripture.

He said, 'Come.' Just come, and I WILL DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE in you

I don't claim to be smart; I only know what I read in the bible.

lifeisgood

He said that because I can read it in scripture. This is what he didn't say because it's not in scripture.

He said, 'Come.' Just come, and I WILL DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE in you

I don't claim to be smart; I only know what I read in the bible.

So, what does "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28) means to you.

turbosixx

So, the Savior of the world is hanging on the Cross of Calvary which was always His destination to bring about the way of salvation to the world, and it is not His Work that He said 'It is finished.' Got it.

Was his work finished? Did he got to Heaven and not return. I just want to know what scriptures you are basing "Christ's finished work" on. This is all that I will believe, what can be proven with scripture.

28for he vigorously refuted the Jews publicly, showing from the Scriptures that Jesus is the Christ.

lifeisgood

Was his work finished? Did he got to Heaven and not return. I just want to know what scriptures you are basing "Christ's finished work" on. This is all that I will believe, what can be proven with scripture.

28for he vigorously refuted the Jews publicly, showing from the Scriptures that Jesus is the Christ.

Yes, His work was finished at the Cross of Calvary, which was always His destination; otherwise, He would never have been able to sit down at the right hand of the Father.

turbosixx

So, what does "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28) means to you.

We can only hope for rest in Christ.

Heb. 4:8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. 10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. The Word Discovers Our Condition 11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.

Until we enter that rest, that is possible throught Christ, we are to work.
Eph. 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

turbosixx

Yes, His work was finished at the Cross of Calvary, which was always His destination; otherwise, He would never have been able to sit down at the right hand of the Father.

I agree, his mission was to be the perfect sacrifice. To take the words “it is finished” and say that is proof of his “finished work” is adding to God’s word. If that is what God was telling us he would have said so as he did here.
Heb. 4:4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”;

Let's read the bible, not read into it.

Last edited:

God's Truth

We can only hope for rest in Christ.

Heb. 4:8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. 10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. The Word Discovers Our Condition 11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.

Until we enter that rest, that is possible throught Christ, we are to work.
Eph. 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Resting in Jesus means we do not have to do all the ceremonial works just to make our selves clean so we can go to the temple to worship God, for that is where God's Spirit was.

Resting in Jesus DOES NOT mean we do not have to obey anymore.

DAN P

Resting in Jesus means we do not have to do all the ceremonial works just to make our selves clean so we can go to the temple to worship God, for that is where God's Spirit was.

Resting in Jesus DOES NOT mean we do not have to obey anymore.

Hi and does 1 Cor 3:16 , move you at ALL , " Know ye not that ye are the TEMPLE of God , and that the Spirit of God DWELLETH IN YOU ."

There are many other verses that say the SAME thing !!

fan p

lifeisgood

I agree, his mission was to be the perfect sacrifice. To take the words “it is finished” and say that is proof of his “finished work” is adding to God’s word.

When I read Jesus saying, 'It is finished' I read Jesus saying that what he came to this world to accomplish he said he completed His mission.

He left nothing to be done.
He rested when He finished His work.

If that is what God was telling us he would have said so as he did here.
Heb. 4:4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”;

Let's read the bible, not read into it.

He did, He said 'It is finished'.

Now, if you do not want to accept that Jesus Christ saying, 'It is finished' does mean that He said that He finished the work He came to do, then I cannot do anything about it.

God's Truth

Hi and does 1 Cor 3:16 , move you at ALL , " Know ye not that ye are the TEMPLE of God , and that the Spirit of God DWELLETH IN YOU ."

There are many other verses that say the SAME thing !!

fan p

Those who are saved are the temple of the Living God that does not mean we do not have to obey.