ECT WHAT ACTS 2:28 REALLY MEANS !!

turbosixx

Jesus Himself. (John 19:30)
Is that not enough for you?

"it is finished" IS NOT "my work is finished"! YOU ARE ADDING A WORD, WORK. He could have been talking about his suffering. NO ONE in scripture talks about Jesus' finished work on the cross.

You do not reading the bible, you reading into the bible!

turbosixx

I'm not implying. I'm emphatically stating:

that Christ died for our sins is the work of our salvation that is finished!

Romans 4:25 KJV, Romans 6:23 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Colossians 2:10-13 KJV

Salvation is NOT by something we can do, will do or won't do. It's by what God through the faith of Jesus Christ did!

2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV

Yes, all those who are in Christ are saved. If there is nothing we can do, then we are all saved.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men,

How does one go from being lost to saved? How are we added to Christ?

turbosixx

How can grace be UNmerited favor (which is correct) but I have to do something (be water baptized) to be afforded that UNmerited favor?

You, I, and every body else in the whole world that has ever been saved have NEVER OBEYED God TO BE SAVED. Never.

That is why it is called UNmerited favor.

Salvation is ALL of God and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of us.
Nothing of us.
Absolutely nothing of us.

If 'water baptism' has to be added for a sinner to be saved then you are saying that Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary was not enough / was not a completed/finished work / and we have to add our being water baptized to finished the already finished/completed work of God.

If we can do absolutely nothing, why is the branch cut off?
John 15:1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

Why was the one talent man cast into hell?
Matt. 25:28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. 29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, all those who are in Christ are saved. If there is nothing we can do, then we are all saved.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men,
Wrong.

The grace of God hath appeared to all men (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV), but it is up to each individual to receive the love of the truth (faith) to be saved.

How does one go from being lost to saved? How are we added to Christ?
by the gospel!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

turbosixx

Wrong.

The grace of God hath appeared to all men (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV), but it is up to each individual to receive the love of the truth (faith) to be saved.

by the gospel!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

How does the gospel save us?

heir

TOL Subscriber
How does the gospel save us?
The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV). It is the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation. After hearing it (Romans 10:17 KJV) we trust the Lord believing it as the good news by which we are saved! Done deal!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Don't you believe the gospel of Christ is the means by which you are saved? If not, why not?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV). It is the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation. After hearing it (Romans 10:17 KJV) we trust the Lord believing it as the good news by which we are saved! Done deal!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Don't you believe the gospel of Christ is the means by which you are saved? If not, why not?

True

lifeisgood

"it is finished" IS NOT "my work is finished"! YOU ARE ADDING A WORD, WORK. He could have been talking about his suffering. NO ONE in scripture talks about Jesus' finished work on the cross.

You do not reading the bible, you reading into the bible!

So, you are calling Jesus Christ a liar. Got it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm speaking of the faith of Jesus Christ and the event of the cross and what it accomplished for us. Search out those terms!

Then why do you teach that Salvation did not come until Paul spoke it.

Salvation was poured out at Pentecost where the feast day required it to be.

LA

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear patrick jane,

I'm proud of what you say in this post!! I tried to give you some good rep., but it wouldn't let me yet. What am I doing wrong? It's a pain in the butt!!

Well, don't forget you are welcome to my thread at any time and I look forward to seeing you there. You really look like me. It's awesome. I look at your picture and can't believe what I see. I wish I had a picture of me with glasses about 20 years ago. Stay cool. I'm sorry I had to race off of the Chatbox. It happens to me a lot because sometimes I only have 10 mins. to post in a thread and then chat in the Chatbox. I hope you can understand. Thanks PJ!!

:cloud9: :angel: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :guitar:

lifeisgood

If we can do absolutely nothing, why is the branch cut off?
John 15:1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

For the Believer to keep Salvation, that Believer must be “in Christ” which refers to trusting in Jesus Christ and what HE DID at the Cross of Calvary exclusively.

The Holy Spirit ALONE can bring forth fruit within our lives, and He does such EXCLUSIVELY through the FINISHED/COMPLETED work of Jesus Christ.

Every branch (Believer) that bears fruit is the one that has some understanding of Christ and the Cross’ work.

The Holy Spirit uses whatever means necessary to make the Cross the total object of the Believer’s faith, that it may bring forth more fruit. Only when Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary becomes the total object of the Believer’s faith can the Holy Spirit perform His work of bringing forth proper fruit in the Believer.

The Holy Spirit works exclusively within the parameters of Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

If one is outside of Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary, the Holy Spirit cannot work in us.

It is not that He does not want to, it is that He cannot do so, for the Cross of Christ EXCLUSIVELY gives Him the legal right for HIM to work in the Believer's life.

So, we better make sure we are in Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary, like Paul said in 2 Corinthians 13:5.

Why was the one talent man cast into hell?
Matt. 25:28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. 29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

If the Believer refuses the Cross' work, ultimately, that Believer will be taken out of the BOC.

When a Believer rejects God’s light, then God has no other alternative but to give such light to another Believer, for God’s light cannot be quenched.

And if there is not a Believer in the vicinity, God will take an UNbeliever and make him/her a Believer and give His light to that one.

But God's light cannot be stopped.

lifeisgood

No one is saved unless they do what the Way says; which goes against what you just stated.

It would be wonderful if you would start DOING what the Way says you must do TO BE SAVED.

The Way said: BELIEVE.

Jesus says to believe and repent of our sins, and call on his name.

Those who obey are the ones that love him and will be loved by the Father; THAT IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS.

When are you going to start following your own advice.

Those who obey are the ones that are given the Holy Spirit.

Those who obey are Jesus' family.

Those who obey are Jesus' friends.

I just told you what scriptures say.

Are you going to believe the scriptures or or you going to keep fighting for what you decided was the truth?

I pray for the day you come and say, 'Today, I was saved.'

You will know when, and it has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with water baptism or you obeying something you don't even know exist.

Oh the foolishness of saying to an UNbeliever 'you have to obey'.
Obey what?, he/she will retort. And correctly so.

Instead of telling an UNbeliever to obey, it would be wonderful if you would allow the Lord to save you so that you could then preach His Good News, which is not yours.

The Way saith,
Come! Don't do anything, just come!
Are you weary? Come! Just come.
Are you heavy laden? Come! Just come.
I (Jesus Christ) have purchased the rest with my blood.
Come! I will give you My rest.

The Way saith, You don't have to do anything, I, the Way, have done ALL already and I, the Way, am waiting for you to come to me. Come! Come! My arms are open! Come! Don't do anything. Just come! "Come to Me!" saith the Way.

You are already too weary and heavy laden. Come! I have the rest. I will give My rest to you.

Come!

lifeisgood

That scripture is about Jesus fulfilling the Law and the Prophets.

That scripture is NOT about humans not having to obey God anymore.

It would be wonderful if you would start OBEYING the Lord so that He can save you.

The Way, saith, 'Believe Me and what I did. And I, the Way, will give My salvation to you'.

turbosixx

I agree whole heartedly the gospel has the power to save and I would use Romans 1 just as you have. What we need to understand is how we are saved by the gospel. People believe many different things but I want to know the truth. How does hearing the gospel take the lost and save them?

The verses you quoted are good verses but they are after the fact. Those books are to people who are already Christians; trusted, heard, believed and sealed are all past tense. Thankfully God’s word gives us conversions to see how people responded to the gospel.

Here is one such conversion.
Acts 18:8 Then Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his household. And many of the Corinthians, hearing, believed and were baptized.NKJV

That is in harmony with Jesus’ instructions on how people are saved.
Mark 16:15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.NKJV

Baptize the believers. That is how the gospel saves us. When we believe we are baptized into Christ.
Acts 2:41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.NKJV.

lifeisgood

Jesus said "it is finished". You say he is talking about his work. Please show me your scriptural proof.

The One who Himself said HANGING ON THE CROSS 'It is finished.'

You have a problem with Him saying that what He came to do 'It is finished', please go take it up with Him and tell Him whatever it is you are not in accord with Him when He said 'It is finished' while He was hanging on the Cross of Calvary which was ALWAYS His destination.

turbosixx

The One who Himself said HANGING ON THE CROSS 'It is finished.'

You have a problem with Him saying that what He came to do 'It is finished', please go take it up with Him and tell Him whatever it is you are not in accord with Him when He said 'It is finished' while He was hanging on the Cross of Calvary which was ALWAYS His destination.

I have a problem with you adding words to the bible. No one, in the bible, talks about the "finished work" of Christ. If it's that important, don't you think even one NT writer would have mentioned it? If it's not from God, where does it come from?