Trump sez: Transgenders B gone!

glorydaz

go a couple more and i'll edit it to suit your perverted wishes:

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.just kidding!

Just admit you missed Paul's point.

That law is holy just and good for the PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT WAS INTENDED.

It was never intended for what you boys are hoping it will do.

Arthur Brain

Therefore adultery should be legal...

:idunno:

Seems to me that if a woman is being abused by her husband she should do one or both of the following:

1. Bring the issue before a judge, so that the husband can be punished.
2. Get a divorce for the reason that he is an abusive husband.

If the husband refuses correction (ie, 40 lashes and he still abuses his (ex-)wife), then he should be put to death, because he refuses correction in his ways.

Yeah, cos it's just so easy for a victim of abuse to do all that...

:plain:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Society =/= people

i think a better society (of which i mean shared beliefs and norms) will eventually produce better people - Proverbs 22:6

right now, because of idiot liberal/progressives and with the tacit agreement of those who claim to be Christians, we as a society are training up our children to be perverts

God help us all when they're grown and teaching the next generation

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What difference will it make? Those who are going to commit adultery will do so whether there is a law or not. It' might even turn into a forbidden fruit that they can't stop thinking about.

Like that apple hanging from the tree.

Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. - Ecclesiastes 8:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes8:11&version=NKJV

:think:

Just admit you missed Paul's point.

That law is holy just and good for the PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT WAS INTENDED.

It was never intended for what you boys are hoping it will do.

But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine, - 1 Timothy 1:8-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Timothy1:8-10&version=NKJV

:think:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because God expects that spouses will love each other.
And when that "love" contract is broken by an abusive husband?????
That contract is dependent on both to uphold, not just one of them.
Why should the wife be expected to be the only one to uphold that contract?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yeah, cos it's just so easy for a victim of abuse to do all that...

:plain:
You apparently haven't considered the possibility that the current system is to blame for it being so difficult for justice being served to those who deserve justice.

ok doser

Therefore adultery should be legal...

:idunno:

Seems to me that if a woman is being abused by her husband she should do one or both of the following:

1. Bring the issue before a judge, so that the husband can be punished.
2. Get a divorce for the reason that he is an abusive husband.

If the husband refuses correction (ie, 40 lashes and he still abuses his (ex-)wife), then he should be put to death, because he refuses correction in his ways.

artie (and others here, apparently) think she should go out and commit adultery

glorydaz

i think a better society (of which i mean shared beliefs and norms) will eventually produce better people - Proverbs 22:6

right now, because of idiot liberal/progressives and with the tacit agreement of those who claim to be Christians, we as a society are training up our children to be perverts

God help us all when they're grown and teaching the next generation

This is what I tell my liberal friends.

You should take care of your own little corner of the world...don't try to fix all of it. It won't happen. Liberals are the ones who want to make laws for everyone else and hold others to their own standards.

I taught my kids....they teach theirs. We each do what we need to do where we have influence...in our little corner of the world.

ok doser

What difference will it make? Those who are going to commit adultery will do so whether there is a law or not. It' might even turn into a forbidden fruit that they can't stop thinking about.

Like that apple hanging from the tree.

and why doesn't this line of "reasoning" apply to rape or child molestation?

glorydaz

artie (and others here, apparently) think she should go out and commit adultery

I thought you hated it when people make those kinds of stupid blanket statements. Don't you think we can all read what's going on here?

Stir the pot and hope a frog jumps out....good idea there, doser. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's a suggestion, instead of defending adultery based on extenuating circumstances,
I could just as easily suggest not defending an abusive husband's actions and expecting the wife keep upholding a contract he broke.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Mercy where mercy is due.
This is faulty reasoning.

You claim adultery isn't a crime, but then say that we should show mercy to those who commit it because "mercy triumphs over the law".

What law? Adultery, according to you, shouldn't be against the law. Therefore, there should be no mercy needed.

Yet you say murderers, et al, should be punished, but no mercy shown.

GD, you have a double standard for what should be law and what shouldn't.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And when that "love" contract is broken by an abusive husband?????

Then she should divorce him. Not commit adultery...

That contract is dependent on both to uphold, not just one of them.
Why should the wife be expected to be the only one to uphold that contract?

So your argument is that "because husband broke marriage covenant, therefore it's ok to commit adultery"?

ok doser

[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION]

artie posted:
Well, firstly, he doesn't have an "excuse" for being abusive and yes, it does (give an abused wife an excuse to commit adultery) if she's married to such a guy. Who could blame her?

do you agree that an abused wife who commits adultery is blameless?

glorydaz

and why doesn't this line of "reasoning" apply to rape or child molestation?

It's Paul's reasoning...not mine.

And it does apply.
When a person realizes it's wrong to do something (via the law), he starts thinking about it more and more.

That "little devil" on your left shoulder keeps bringing it to mind.
That's how sin uses the law for it's own evil purposes.