Trump sez: Transgenders B gone!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Whether adultery is legal or not, it will not stop.

Which puts us back to square one.

No one has suggested a way to try to stop it.

What we HAVE suggested, is that laws be put in place to deter it, so that the amount of adultery being committed is reduced!

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
So true.
There are people that think that a wife must put up with everything a husband does to her simply because they have a marriage contract.
So the wife and the children have to endure the neglect and abusive behavior (physical and/or mental) of the husband, which makes the wife and children victims.

If the man is not going to be a proper husband and father, then why should the woman and children keep acting as though he is a husband and father to them?

Here is the black and white of it.

There is one and only one over-arching, preeminent command given to husbands; "Husbands, love your wives". As the head, and most responsible member, this must happen first. The cart cannot come before the horse.

If this command is adhered to and followed with diligence from day one, there is no Christian wife who will not search the scriptures with joy to find their place in a marriage that is joined together by God and happily fulfill the other half of the equation.

With this in mind, all marital problems are the sole responsibility of the Christian man.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Whether adultery is legal or not, it will not stop.

same with murder

same with rape

same with child molestation

why have laws against those?

same with abortion

why seek laws against abortion?

why not end those laws and sit back and watch the world swirl down the drain while we wait for Christ to return?

glorydaz

i'm not outraged glory, i'm sorely disappointed :(

Oh no, please say it isn't so.

I do hate to disappoint.
I hated telling my kids there was no tooth fairy, too.

I'm sorta content with leaving the perfect world to God and not man...no matter his intentions.

It's a matter of the purpose of the law.
You seem to think the making of laws will make people better.
It only makes them have more fleshly desires.

Rather, "8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence."

glorydaz

Here is the black and white of it.

There is one and only one over-arching, preeminent command given to husbands; "Husbands, love your wives". As the head, and most responsible member, this must happen first. The cart cannot come before the horse.

If this command is adhered to and followed with diligence from day one, there is no Christian wife who will not search the scriptures with joy to find their place in a marriage that is joined together by God and happily fulfill the other half of the equation.

With this in mind, all marital problems are the sole responsibility of the Christian man.

Exactly. :thumb:

glorydaz

immaturity, substance abuse, mental illness, physiological imbalances, societal conditioning - i'm sure i could come up with a dozen more if i wanted to bother

but i wouldn't call them "excuses", I'd call them "factors contributing to an undesirable behavior"

:rotfl:

They're "factors" in the wife's undesirable behaviour, too.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What, you think that included deliberate abuse?!

Wow.

:plain:
Therefore adultery should be legal...

:idunno:

Seems to me that if a woman is being abused by her husband she should do one or both of the following:

1. Bring the issue before a judge, so that the husband can be punished.
2. Get a divorce for the reason that he is an abusive husband.

If the husband refuses correction (ie, 40 lashes and he still abuses his (ex-)wife), then he should be put to death, because he refuses correction in his ways.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Rather, "8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence."

go a couple more and i'll edit it to suit your perverted wishes:

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.just kidding!

glorydaz

Therefore adultery should be legal...

:idunno:

What difference will it make? Those who are going to commit adultery will do so whether there is a law or not. It' might even turn into a forbidden fruit that they can't stop thinking about.

Like that apple hanging from the tree.