Trump sez: Transgenders B gone!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
no, it was useful - I (we?) discovered a point of disconnect, which is usually at the root of these contentious discussions

i wish I could find reliable data on rape to continue the discussion, but as we discussed three years ago, the US data is irretrievably confused by changing definitions of what actually constitutes "rape"

glorydaz

So blame the victim, is that it?

That's wicked, GD, you should know better.

Ah, the step too far.

You're trying to claim the husband is the victim, right?

The husband could very well have been the direct cause of said crime. I realize it's a hard pill to swallow, but it certainly isn't evil to use one's common sense. You just did so yourself with the case of the stripper. You said she was not guilty of rape, but she was guilty of yada yada yada. Therefore, she is not an innocent victim and must share in the blame. Much different than a poor girl just walking home from work. This is the kind of thing that caused such a broo-haha before. And, it's totally ridiculous.

In the case of adultery, it is very possible and quite probable to have no innocent victims....as hard as that may be for the people involved to acknowledge. There is often enough guilt to go around.

Could begin with the man's failure at choosing a wife....just for a start. :think:

ok doser

btw, this is only one in a looooong line of artie's claims to be leaving

he'll be back

giphy.gif

and he's back

:darwinsm:

glorydaz

you would need dna evidence from both to prove inappropriate contact between the two specific individuals - you're not looking for semen or sperm on the woman, you're looking for DNA that matches the man

Now the plot thickens. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That doesn't matter to him.
Obviously.
His disdain towards women is disgusting to say the least.
He would much rather use his perverted imaginations of accusing two ladies in this thread of being drunkards instead of the truth.

Please pray for his troubled soul.

glorydaz

"gets left in the lurch" would appear to mean that the wife decided to leave him and get a divorce

we're not discussing divorce

we're discussing a wife deliberately and consciously deciding to engage in adultery, a sinful, immoral and societally damaging behavior that effects the spouse, the children, the extended families involved, the whole society

i find it difficult to understand why you would want to claim that the responsibility for her choice to engage in adultery can be laid at the feet of anyone but her

Well, let's lay it at the feet of the offending man then.

Anyway, I doubt very much that most people set out deliberately to commit adultery. People who are happy and fulfilled in their role as a husband or wife aren't the ones who so engage.

Arthur Brain

Obviously.
He would much rather use his perverted imaginations of accusing two ladies in this thread of being drunkards instead of the truth.

Playing the "drunk" card is part of a severely limited arsenal at his disposal. I'm surprised he's been reduced to it with you and GD though as it was hardly gonna fly.

glorydaz

i'm asking you what you believe, not what you know

i'm not asking about applying the death penalty to rape

now that's an answer to the question i asked! :thumb:

i would expect a huge increase in instances of rape, especially among youth involved in the club/concert/bar scene - in fact those places where one is most at risk of being raped, i would expect incidents of rape to skyrocket

and i would expect it to be drug-related - if there's no laws against slipping a roofie in a girl's drink and raping her, i would expect it to happen much more frequently than it does now

imagine telling a young man that not only does "no means no" no longer apply, "no" now means nothing, legally

to think otherwise is saying, in effect, that all of our societal effort toward preventing rape (such as the "no means no" campaigns) is unfounded

and that our current laws have little deterrent effect

So you would expect that suddenly these young men would turn into animals, and begin to do what their inborn conscience tells them is wrong...just because there is no law written down?

I think you're wrong about that. Man is not an animal, even if some act like it.

ok doser

So you would expect that suddenly these young men would turn into animals, and begin to do what their inborn conscience tells them is wrong...just because there is no law written down?

I think you're wrong about that. Man is not an animal, even if some act like it.

and more so when drugs and alcohol are involved - those removers of inhibition

ok doser

Obviously.

It's very telling how the sicko has done his darnedest to find someone, anyone, to give an inkling of agreement that a woman DESERVES to be raped by a man.
Sick sick sick.

i'm sorry it causes you so much distress tam

let's let it drop

Arthur Brain

It's very telling how the sicko has done his darnedest to find someone, anyone, to give an inkling of agreement that a woman DESERVES to be raped by a man.
Sick sick sick.

Absolutely, but then this is the same guy who accused people of being cowards even when they'd died defending loved ones in the Colorado shooting so what do you expect? He's a tool.