Trump sez: Transgenders B gone!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.​

Of course, Pau is speaking of the PURPOSE of the Law, wasn't he?

Which was never intended to bring about righteous behavior, among other things.

The law is for the wicked, not for the righteous. It's to keep the wicked in check, to show them that they need God.

Last I checked, that applies to both Jew AND Gentile, as there are wicked in both groups.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Or those whose moral compass and tendency towards natural empathy is blunted by drugs and alcohol, peer pressure, inexperience with hormonally driven urges, etc,etc

You forgot the bible...mayhap that'd be under 'peer pressure' or 'etc, etc'?

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
A common denominator with legalists, hence how the woman "caught in adultery" becomes little more than Jesus avoiding a legal trap. The greater depth of that is ignored or glossed over. They want to impose their narrow beliefs on society as a whole and turn it into their version of a "Godly state". It's like a "chick tract" version of Christianity. There's no love in it.

Well said.

glorydaz

So, GD, do you still think I was exaggerating about these two?

I figure I know them both pretty well, and count them as friends.

Personally, I can argue both sides of the coin on many issues, depending on which point of view one might be coming from. That's what I think we're seeing here.

It reminds me of a trial where we hear from the mother of the victim and then we hear from the mother of the perp. Are we talking about the same person here? Look at a box from the top and then look at it from the bottom or the side, and see something entirely different. It makes for interesting discussions...if you let it. :)

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
In my experience, that was the only thing holding us back

Now we are getting somewhere.

This is the kind of comment typical of someone with an axe to grind. Not content with forgiveness, but angry that they cannot have the satisfaction of vengeance. Someone who resents that they have to be good while others are being bad and getting away with it.

Tell us more about your experience and why your duty to be righteous is so painful to you.

quip

BANNED
Banned

This is the kind of comment typical of someone with an axe to grind. Not content with forgiveness, but angry that they cannot have the satisfaction of vengeance. Someone who resents that they have to be good while others are being bad and getting away with it.

Tell us more about your experience and why your duty to be righteous is so painful to you.

Seems ok doser can't trust himself to be moral sans a divine decree to be so. Thus, if a man can't trust his own council, why should anyone trust him at all?

Maybe he's hostile to the fact natural empathy may be expressed without consent of a god...thus the hostile preoccupation to enforce his brand of legalism.

glorydaz

Seems ok doser can't trust himself to be moral sans a divine decree to be so. Thus, if a man can't trust his own council, why should anyone trust him at all?

Maybe he's hostile to the fact natural empathy may be expressed without consent of a god...thus the hostile preoccupation to enforce his brand of legalism.

"A god"? You mean the one and only God who created man with a conscience to know good from evil.

Which is why man is without excuse.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

actually, it's not wholly accurate

fear of stds was another factor

This is the kind of comment typical of someone with an axe to grind.

or somebody recounting a personal experience :idunno:

Not content with forgiveness, but angry that they cannot have the satisfaction of vengeance. Someone who resents that they have to be good while others are being bad and getting away with it.

when others are "being bad" innocent people suffer

not sure why you can't see that and instead attribute mean-spirited motives

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
A common denominator with legalists, hence how the woman "caught in adultery" becomes little more than Jesus avoiding a legal trap. The greater depth of that is ignored or glossed over. They want to impose their narrow beliefs on society as a whole and turn it into their version of a "Godly state". It's like a "chick tract" version of Christianity. There's no love in it.

meanwhile, idiot liberals like you want to impose your retarded beliefs on society as a whole and turn it into your retarded version of a "progressive state", while pretending that you're doing it in the name of "love" and "compassion"

i'd rather rely on God's Word than your retarded leftist nonsense