Trump Has A Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoh

The entire Bible is tribal.
In fact, it's utterly anti-multicultural.

No it is not utterly anti-multicultural.

Noah's mandate after the flood...

Genesis 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

By what means?

9:18 And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan. 9:19 These are the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread.

Genesis 10:1 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.

Via nations...

10:32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

But what happened?

Genesis 11:1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

They refused to be scattered, opting for one world order nonsense.

11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

The LORD's response?

11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

The thing to do - at least for the Biblically literate person of faith in the Scripture: is to remember - whenever he or she hears someone speak a language other than their own - that different people, nations, tribes, families, and or languages was God's doing.

HIS means of an INTENDED contrast between THEM ALL and the following towards HIS glory ALONE.

Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Deuteronomy 4:7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?

Deuteronomy 4:8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

2 Samuel 7:23 And what one nation in the earth is like thy people, even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to himself, and to make him a name, and to do for you great things and terrible, for thy land, before thy people, which thou redeemedst to thee from Egypt, from the nations and their gods?

1 Chronicles 17:21 And what one nation in the earth is like thy people Israel, whom God went to redeem to be his own people, to make thee a name of greatness and terribleness, by driving out nations from before thy people, whom thou hast redeemed out of Egypt?

2 Chronicles 32:13 Know ye not what I and my fathers have done unto all the people of other lands? were the gods of the nations of those lands any ways able to deliver their lands out of mine hand?

Isaiah 14:32 What shall one then answer the messengers of the nation? That the LORD hath founded Zion, and the poor of his people shall trust in it.

And the distinctions will remain after the Lord returns....

Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

Zechariah 8:23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? 2:9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Then you should probably try doing that, by which I mean take rational exception to particular points in rebuttal, illustrating by example and sustaining by fact and argument. Otherwise, all you're telling me is how you feel about it, which is fine, but can't control a single point beyond your feeling.

I noted that your disdain for Islam in how it values other religions is fairly mirrored by your own disdain for other religions. I noted the sheer number of adherents to Islam, were they radicalized, would impress a different world upon us. I noted prior studies on the distinction between third world adherents and Western Muslims. And I reminded you that when we wed our religion with political power the results were often disastrous and bloody.

I can readily defend every single point and have already begun the process by pointing out a bit of it in your own usage, to which I'll add, if necessary, the 30 Years War and the Crusades, to illustrate the danger/corruption political power can hold for religion.

I'm rarely shocked by how others conflate their bias with an unvarnished truth. The rest is argument.

:chuckle: I'll stand by what I said earlier. You're about as naive as they come.

Danoh

What about the Cleveland Indians?

You'll have to ask the Washington Red Skins - they got it from the Chicago Blackhawks - who found out from the Atlanta Braves when the Kansas City Chiefs threw a huge dinner with Turkey served on China to Hungary.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Leviticus 19:33-34

Proof texting will not get you anywhere.
God's people were a tribe, and they didn't merge with other tribes.

You all try to make the Bible say anything you want it to, on any subject, and it's blasphemous.

Even in [MENTION=16688]Danoh[/MENTION]'s big old post, there is nothing to suppose multi-culturalism. God is going to destroy all those who are not His people, and His people don't really want anything to do with each other.

There's plenty of Christians over in Africa, but your focal point is having Muslims as your neighbors which will eventually cause problems- there is nothing multi-cultural in this world, hombre.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:chuckle: I'll stand by what I said earlier.
In as much as anyone can stand on the absence of argument or fact, okay. That's how you feel. Why is more interesting, but until you're ready to advance and defend it, there's nothing there for me to address.

You're about as naive as they come.
You are a penguin.

So at least we can end the conversation with equal footing on one point in it. :)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The chief problem with Islam is found in third world countries ....

i suspect that these guys would disagree with you and find you naive and offensive

victims9112.jpg

kmoney

Hall of Fame
too many ads

give me a list

From the article:
The key similarity is the emotional strategy and, specifically, the way in which both maestros of rhetoric exploited the primal emotions of Pride, Fear and Anger.

The second similarity lies in the manipulative tactics which both employed—the maneuvers, the panaceas, the frauds.

In fact there are many parallels between Trump and Hitler, which would explain their shared talent for outraging public opinion while simultaneously manipulating it. Thus Trump’s demagoguery is legitimated by a colossal fame in the USA that long predates his candidacy. His popular media profile via The Apprentice is huge and it is easy for the bien pensant class to forget this or underplay the critical role of familiarity. Like Hitler (who did not found the NSDAP but joined it and rapidly became its propaganda director) he had a long exposure to media and therefore training in it. And like Hitler he had never held political office before running for the highest one.

And both men, curiously, also theorized extensively about persuasion and its psychology—Hitler for the whole of chapter five in Mein Kampf, and Trump in the Art of the Deal: “The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular.” And then again “I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and a very effective form of promotion.”

ok doser

i don't see anything there that doesn't also describe "mr hope and change" in 2008 :idunno:

ok doser

Why Barack Obama Won: Voter Anger and Desire for Change
Washington experience was of little help this political season.

By Brad Bannon | Contributor Nov. 6, 2008, at 11:00 a.m.
MORE
Why Barack Obama Won: Voter Anger and Desire for Change
MORE

John F. Kennedy once said that "victory has a thousand fathers," and there may be a thousand reasons why Barack Obama won the race for president. But only a couple of the reasons really mattered: voter anger and the desire for change.

Anger created a winning playing field for Obama. Nationally, anywhere from 8 to 9 out of every 10 Americans felt that the country was headed in the wrong direction. The anger was a product of dissatisfaction with the economy, to a lesser extent the war in Iraq, and President Bush's failure to deal effectively with either problem. The fulsome nature of public opinion created an environment that led to the success of Obama and the defeat of John McCain.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/artic...k-obama-won-voter-anger-and-desire-for-change

Status
Not open for further replies.