Trump Has A Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
When you scream 'racist, sexist, xenophobic bigot!' at everything opposed to you, people eventually stop caring about your 'standards'.
If you think it can all be boiled down to sexism, racism, and xenophobia then I don't think we were watching the same election. :plain:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If you think it can all be boiled down to sexism, racism, and xenophobia then I don't think we were watching the same election. :plain:

that was the cry that got the most attention :idunno:

if the left had any rational objections to trump, they dint do a very good job of publicizing them

kmoney

Hall of Fame
that was the cry that got the most attention :idunno:

if the left had any rational objections to trump, they dint do a very good job of publicizing them
I think some rational objections were made, objections that aren't even partisan, but I think a lot of people just didn't care enough. And yes I do agree that too much attention was paid to the race, sex, and immigrant comments.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hillary was a very tainted candidate from the beginning. She was dishonest, unlikable, and had a criminal mind. She also had absolutely NO charisma, unlike her boorish Husband.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

What else was it? I've heard this before but with no good examples- as far as I'm concerned, there's not a single thing liberals have not tried to attach those labels to in everything opposed to what they want :rolleyes:

If we were watching different elections, then you must've been watching the wrong one.
But also, perhaps some people simply just didn't see it behind everything.
I did, fairly easily. And still can :idunno:

ClimateSanity

That doesn't mean he knows how to govern. He ran on a platform of appelling to the absolute lowest instincts of angry whites.

Your kind has even lower instincts. Snobbery over all people who don't agree with you. White guilt that leads to behavior you wouldn't normally do in order to feel superior to us rednecks.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
That doesn't mean he knows how to govern. He ran on a platform of appelling to the absolute lowest instincts of angry whites.

nah

trump ran on a platform of "not being hillary"

just like bammy ran in 2008 on a platform of "not being bush"

fool

Hall of Fame

"We're Twenty Trillion Dollars in Debt and We Can't Keep This Up".
How is that appealing to the lowest instincts of angry Whites?
Shouldn't that appeal to the middle or higher instincts of everyone?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...as I'm concerned, there's not a single thing liberals have not tried to attach those labels to in everything opposed to what they want
I already met that challenge. So again it seems memory difficulties may have played a role in the Trump election.

Your kind has even lower instincts. Snobbery over all people who don't agree with you. White guilt that leads to behavior you wouldn't normally do in order to feel superior to us rednecks.
I was only just wondering when someone would bring race into this and really underscore the Christmas spirit. :plain: And you wondered what a while ago?

It isn't. It also isn't the largest part of his message.

I think some rational objections were made, objections that aren't even partisan, but I think a lot of people just didn't care enough. And yes I do agree that too much attention was paid to the race, sex, and immigrant comments.
We'll differ given how those comments and others like them illustrated a temperament and character that are the foundation of the president-elect.

rexlunae

Shouldn't that appeal to the middle or higher instincts of everyone?

Well, let's see. He's proposed tax cuts and massive spending. We'll be 200 trillion in debt by the time he's done with us.

But honestly, that's the least of my worries about him.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I already met that challenge. So again it seems memory difficulties may have played a role in the Trump election

College students being irresponsible with their class choices is not something anyone should have to pay for except their own selves.
I know that may come as a shock to you all, but those kids don't respect the privilege they have to even attend those universities.
Insanity is defending those spoiled whiners over hard working men getting the shaft in rural America :wave2:

fool

Hall of Fame
Well, let's see. He's proposed tax cuts and massive spending. We'll be 200 trillion in debt by the time he's done with us.
That's not a zero sum game, the spending and the Taxes.
Taxes are a percentage of how much the economy does. If you expand the economy you can have more tax revenue even with a lower tax rate.

But honestly, that's the least of my worries about him.
What's your biggest fear about The Donald?

tboon

Even after reading this, I am still having an extremely hard time understanding how anyone how believes in Jesus Christ could have supported Trump or celebrate elevation to President. I can't think of a political personality in US history more antithetical to the person of Jesus Christ than it D. Trump. He based his entry into conservative by forcefully lying (bearing false witness) against the current President and kicked off his campaign by rejecting the least of our neighbors (those have neither the legal protections of citizenship nor the even the cover of legal status). It seems to me that by basing his campaign on the rejection of the "least of my brothers," Trump founded that campaign on the rejection of Jesus Christ. Please explain how someone who calls him or herself by Jesus name could support that?

tboon

Even after reading this, I am still having an extremely hard time understanding how anyone who believes in Jesus Christ could have supported Trump or celebrate elevation to President. I can't think of a political personality in US history more antithetical to the person of Jesus Christ than is D. Trump. He based his entry into conservative politics by forcefully lying (bearing false witness) against the current President and kicked off his campaign by rejecting the least of our neighbors (those have neither the legal protections of citizenship nor the even the cover of legal status). It seems to me that by basing his campaign on the rejection of the "least of my brothers," Trump founded that campaign on the rejection of Jesus Christ. Please explain how someone who calls him or herself by Jesus name could support that?

Status
Not open for further replies.