Trump Has A Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, they voted for a guy who didn't even try to throw them a bone on the issues they always said they cared about. The GOP now has absolutely no reason to do anything for evangelicals now that they know they have their vote no matter what they do.

As long as President Trump builds that "Wall", does away with Obamacare, and makes nice with Russia, I'll be satisfied. Thank God Trump won. I prayed for him to win and voted for him.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
And it is frustrating that Trump seemed to be held to no standard whatsoever.

When you scream 'racist, sexist, xenophobic bigot!' at everything opposed to you, people eventually stop caring about your 'standards'.

As far as I'm concerned, there are 'Americans' and then there are 'liberals'. You all's interest was not this country, because you were about to throw half the country under the bus for your fanatical nonsense.

Daniel1769

As long as President Trump builds that "Wall", does away with Obamacare, and makes nice with Russia, I'll be satisfied. Thank God Trump won. I prayed for him to win and voted for him.

The Russia thing is the only one on that list that he'll probably do. In a year, I'll check back for your excuses as to why the wall and Obamacare repeal haven't happened.

fool

Hall of Fame
The guy doesn't know a thing about government, he has no tolerance of criticism, and gets in petulant feuds on Twitter on a regular basis. Where exactly do you see a strong leader in him? I think you mistake bravado for strength.

When are you going to open your eyes?
He just smacked EVERYBODY around, kicked them out and sat down in their chair.
Everyone!
The Republicans.
The Media.
And of course The Democrats. Hillary had been preparing for this for Eight Years!

Daniel1769

Everyone!
The Republicans.
The Media.
And of course The Democrats. Hillary had been preparing for this for Eight Years!

Not the Republicans. He appointed them to his administration.

fool

Hall of Fame
I agree, but I don't see them doing that. I've seen plenty of conversations between Dems in the weeks since the election, and they're definitely working through what went wrong in their own backyard. So yes, we can add those mistakes in to what I said as well, but in my opinion it doesn't change the significance of what Comey did in particular. Sooner or later I think more will come out on that. He'll end up being an infamous footnote to history.

Anything Comey did was an offshoot of Hillary's private server. No Server, no offshoots.
So the lesson is that if you ever find yourself Secretary of State then use the damn E-mail they set up for you.

Quincy

Everyone!
The Republicans.
The Media.

How does that prove anything other than the American people are just really angry at the outgoing administration? Trump didn't make them angry, he just took advantage of it. Same thing Obama did in '08. He's opportunistic at best and certainly not a savior.

Daniel1769

I thought he was appointing inexperienced Billionaires to his administration?

I never said he's appointing anyone "inexperienced." He's appointing Repulican insiders and Bush-Obama appointees.
He has former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich in his transition team, and apparently as a close advisor.
Reince Preibus, the Chairman of the RNC, as chief of staff.
Jeff Sessions, long time senator, as AG.
Michael Flynn, an Obama appointee, as national security advisor
James Mattis, an Obama appointee, as Secretary of Defense
Elaine Chao, wife of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, as secretary of transportation
Tom Price, his HHS secretary, as been in Congress for 15 years.
Not to mention, his education secretary is the sister of the guy who founded Blackwater.

Not sure where all the "outsiders" are that he's appointing.

rexlunae

Everyone!
The Republicans.
The Media.

That doesn't mean he knows how to govern. He ran on a platform of appelling to the absolute lowest instincts of angry whites.

Daniel1769

That doesn't mean he knows how to govern. He ran on a platform of appelling to the absolute lowest instincts of angry whites.

He ran on protectionism and government intervention of the economy. If this was 2010 and he was still listed as a Democrat, the left would love him and his support for government expansion and the welfare state. Besides his stupid wall that isn't going to be built anyway, he's a left winger.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Trump's not even in office yet, and the liberals are accusing him of all kinds of evil deeds. I don't remember Conservatives doing that, after the worst President of my lifetime got into office eight years ago? I thought Carter was the worst until Obama came around out of nowhere.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Liberals today try and demonize Ronald Reagan, however, I believe he was the BEST President in my lifetime. I'll be 66 in a few days. I grew up in a Democratic environment, however, I've always voted Republican since 1980. I only wish there was a competent Conservative third party that a had a chance of winning. Believe me, I'd transfer my vote, immediately. Although, one must face the reality that America only has a two party system. I could NEVER vote for a liberal Democrat, NEVER!

Having said that, JFK, in my opinion, was a fine President and RFK would have made a fine President, had he lived. Teddy Kennedy was the "Black Sheep" of the family.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Slick Willy told a group of people at a bookstore, that, "Trump knows nothing except for one thing, how to make angry white men vote for Trump."

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Trump's not even in office yet, and the liberals are accusing him of all kinds of evil deeds. I don't remember Conservatives doing that, after the worst President of my lifetime got into office eight years ago? I thought Carter was the worst until Obama came around out of nowhere.
Trump is a brilliant genius !!!!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Obama came into office with no executive experience, and he'll leave just the same because he wasn't ever a president, he was a lobbyist given executive authority.

But that didn't stop the liberals from worshiping his highness.

Experience has never made a good president, having the interests of the people makes a good president :rolleyes:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
That's certainly true, and I think Hillary made a number of mistakes and bad decisions. But there were also a number of external interventions that seem to have played a large part, and that's hard to avoid by deliberation. And there's also a risk in overreading the result. There are three counties in three states that could have swung the election the other way by themselves. I hope that in the future, the Dems will take a more 50-state strategy, as Obama did when he ran, will nominate people who are not disliked, or boring. Democrats do better when the turnout is high, so it's in their own best interests to turn people out.
I'm not trying to ignore the external factors but it seemed like their own mistakes were getting overlooked with all the Comey and Russia talk. The Dems better start looking for a good candidate for 2020.

But at the same time, it was so close in the states that mattered that any tactical error could have made the difference, or not. And it is frustrating that Trump seemed to be held to no standard whatsoever.
I agree. I guess frustration leads people to change their standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.