Trump Has A Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quincy

If we had an election between Stalin and Hitler, roughly half of voters would vote for one of them and say they had to in order to stop the other one. They're going to vote for whoever the nominee is no matter what, so they must like it.

Great post, imo. People love to throw those voting myths out at you, trying to make you vote for someone just so someone else doesn't get elected. That just contributes to weakening the democratic process, allowing the parties to neglect the development of leaders. Just look at the democrats, now. Who do they have in 2020? Two guys who will be far too old, by then.

You also can't say much for the Republicans, who couldn't even produce someone who was able to defeat Trump. So where does either side after Trump's had his time? Further down the toilet.

Daniel1769

Great post, imo. People love to throw those voting myths out at you, trying to make you vote for someone just so someone else doesn't get elected. That just contributes to weakening the democratic process, allowing the parties to neglect the development of leaders. Just look at the democrats, now. Who do they have in 2020? Two guys who will be far too old, by then.

You also can't say much for the Republicans, who couldn't even produce someone who was able to defeat Trump. So where does either side after Trump's had his time? Further down the toilet.

Who they run next time is of little consequence because the voters are going to vote. If you ever talk to people who like to vote, you'll find out that they're voting no matter what. When I tell people that I don't vote, I find it hilarious that they always say, "Not voting changes nothing." As opposed to voting, which changes everything?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, boy, they showed the establishment...by voting for their buddy who's been funding them for decades and palling around with them, and now appointing them to his cabinet. Gosh golly gee, I bet things really change this time.
Well, the power structure of the Republican party didn't want him, did everything they could to marginalize him until they realized he was going to win. That's who the rank and file were sending a message to. I think Trump is the fruition of frustration within the party. I didn't say I agreed with the effort, but that's about the mark.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Your own finger points that way and I'm not going down this route with you again. The UK does not exist thanks to America and nor should it matter in any meaningful way even if it did or any other country. WWII was not won single handed by the USA as you once 'argued' by way of. If there's another world war then there won't be any puerile arguments over nations or anything else and even the USA wouldn't bloody survive it.

:plain:

If we hadn't entered WW2 everybody would be running around today saying: "Sieg Heil!" Take the good old USA out of the picture during that time, and the rest of the world wouldn't have stood a chance against the Nazis.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm sure no opinions impress partisan hacks like you except those of your hack party leaders, ya phony. "Independent conservative." You mean line-walking, partisan Republican hack that tries to get credibility by calling himself an "independent conservative" instead of admitting that he's just a partisan Republican.

:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.