ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

genuineoriginal

No! By not trusting in the finished work of Christ on the cross, you show your UNBELIEF. You lack, "True Faith."
I trust that Jesus finished the work that God gave to Him to do.
That does not mean I can refuse to do the work that God gave me to do, like you claim is needed in order to have your so-called "True Faith" which is really unfaithfulness.

glorydaz

Do you believe Paul is being truthful when he states this?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.​

Of course I do. Paul is talking about the unsaved. Those who are saved have the righteousness of God accounted to us through faith in Jesus Christ....as the very next verse makes clear.

AND SUCH WERE SOME OF YOU: BUT ......

1 Cor. 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

genuineoriginal

Salvation is not of YOURSELF.
Salvation is not of yourself, but DAMNATION is of YOURSELF.

There is no "short time" indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Thus the "earnest" of the Spirit. The Spirit is God's SEAL upon those who are His.

2 Corinthians 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.​
God will take His Spirit away from those people that turn from righteousness unto wickedness.
They lose the Holy Spirit of promise and forfeit the promise through choosing damnation over salvation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Of course I do. Paul is talking about the unsaved. Those who are saved have the righteousness of God accounted to us through faith in Jesus Christ....as the very next verse makes clear.

1 Cor. 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Glorydaz, you're doing a GREAT Job. I'll just let you post to these "posters."

genuineoriginal

Christ wasn't speaking to nor about you there.

Doesn't that just make you angry? Well, it shouldn't.
Do you keep His commandments?
If not, you are a liar and the truth is not in you.
That is a Biblical Truth that is rejected by OSAS and by MAD because thy do not have a love for the truth.

genuineoriginal

I want you to tell us what Paul said to Gentile believers about fruit and how it's produced. If you can't, admit you can't. But don't give me what I didn't ask for and pretend you did what I asked.
You need to hear and heed the warnings of Paul against the false belief of OSAS instead of what Paul said about the fruit that you are not producing.

Ephesians 5:3-7
3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.​

God's Truth

I want you to tell us what Paul said to Gentile believers about fruit and how it's produced. If you can't, admit you can't. But don't give me what I didn't ask for and pretend you did what I asked.

Paul never told anyone they don't have to obey.

That is beyond goofy. Or, should I say 'evil', since this is a religions site, correct?

genuineoriginal

Paul is talking to the "saved" in this verse:

Romans 11:22
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.​

glorydaz

You have correctly identified the real problem with OSAS: OSAS teaches people to claim they are saved when they actually are not saved.
Paul does not equate the time of our belief with salvation the way OSAS does.

Romans 13:11
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.​

Who was asleep? Why do you stand on one verse without reading it in context?

Paul tells these folks to "put on the Lord Jesus Christ".

Romans 13:12-14 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. 13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. 14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.​

And what does Paul tell you that means?

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.​

Therefore, Paul was not referring to those in the body of Christ who have already been given the earnest of the Spirit. We are not children of the night...not of darkness, but the light.

And here is what Paul says about awaking out of sleep...arising from the dead (which we were considered to be before we were quickened).

Ephesians 5:13-15
But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,​