ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

genuineoriginal

Paul tells these folks to "put on the Lord Jesus Christ".

Romans 13:12-14 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. 13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. 14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.​

And what does Paul tell you that means?

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.​

Therefore, Paul was not referring to those in the body of Christ who have already been given the earnest of the Spirit. We are not children of the night...not of darkness, but the light.

And here is what Paul says about awaking out of sleep...arising from the dead (which we were considered to be before we were quickened).

Ephesians 5:13-15
But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,​
As you just showed, Paul did not teach that you could just ignore wicked and righteous behavior and assume you are saved (OSAS).

musterion

As you just showed, Paul did not teach that you could just ignore wicked and righteous behavior and assume you are saved (OSAS).

He did with the Corinthians. He had serious doubts about the guy fornicating with his own mother, but even he Paul counted as a grievously sinning believer, not as an unbeliever. We know that because Paul didn't ask anyone to make sure the guy was saved by asking him what gospel he believed.

God's Truth

He did with the Corinthians. He had serious doubts about the guy fornicating with his own mother, but even he Paul had treated as a grievously sinning believer, not as an unbeliever. We know that because Paul didn't ask anyone to make sure the guy was saved by asking him what gospel he believed.

So what did Paul say to do to him?

God's Truth

What in the world are you talking about?

Are you saying we have the "will" to overcome sin?

When you were a child and your mom said come in when it gets dark did you do it?

When the school said school starts at 8 am were you there?

When the government says to register your car and get a license do you do it?

I can go on and on.

Are you an imbecile, or can you take instructions?

genuineoriginal

Some months ago i started a thread on what I believe to be the correct view of this passage. You will reject it, of course, because your mind is already made up, but I'm convinced based on the totality of Paul's doctrine regarding justification and sanctification, he is speaking of believers risking losing their inheritance in the Kingdom, not their presence in the Kingdom.

Paul says believers are already in the Kingdom because they are in Christ, and where He is, they are. Inseparably.

The believer's inheritance, however, is apparently a different matter.
That is an interesting way of handling the scriptures, but it doesn't fit the teachings of Jesus.

Believers are citizens of ("in") the kingdom by being vassals of Jesus as Lord.
Believers have an inheritance in the kingdom (eternal life) that will be realized when Jesus establishes it on His return.

But salvation from sin is not the issue here, as that was forever settled at the cross.
The general "salvation from sin" that we can be part of was settled at the cross, but our individual salvation is determined by how Jesus judges us as we live.

musterion

I trust Jesus who says I am saved.

You are no Jesus.

Your Jesus is a liar. Your Jesus is a false Christ. Ask me how I know that. I'll go ahead and tell you. Your Jesus leaves you to repent of every sin you commit and if you don't, you'll go to hell. So your Jesus has not completely forgiven you, which means you're not safe, which means you're not saved.

You believe in salvation by perpetual repentance to a fake Christ.

God's Truth

Your Jesus is a liar. Your Jesus is a false Christ. Ask me how I know that. I'll go ahead and tell you. Your Jesus leaves you to repent of every sin you commit and if you don't, you'll go to hell. So your Jesus has not completely forgiven you, which means you're not safe, which means you're not saved.

You believe in salvation by perpetual repentance.

I am not living in a sinful lifestyle as you must be.

genuineoriginal

So, you DO NOT have faith in God's ability to keep those He has purchased with His own blood. :think:
I have faith in God's ability and God's determination to keep His Word.
He never promised that He would force salvation on anyone that does not want it, which is what OSAS states He will do.
What a shame you lack faith in God. :nono:
OSAS is based on a false belief of what God has promised and rejecting that false belief is not rejecting God.

musterion

He never promised that He would force salvation on anyone that does not want it, which is what OSAS states He will do.

That is completely wrong and shows how ignorant you are. It sounds like you have a problem with Calvinism's perseverance of the saints, which is fine by me that you do, but even Calvinists will tell you it is not the same thing as eternal security or OSAS. Fundamentally different doctrines. If you knew what you were talking about you would already know the difference.

God's Truth

That is completely wrong and shows how ignorant you are. It sounds like you have a problem with Calvinism's perseverance of the saints, which is fine by me that you do, but even Calvinists will tell you it is not the same thing as eternal security or OSAS. Fundamentally different doctrines. If you knew what you were talking about you would already know the difference.

You can't avoid it, no matter how much you try.