ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

musterion

You need to hear and heed the warnings of Paul against the false belief of OSAS instead of what Paul said about the fruit that you are not producing.

Ephesians 5:3-7
3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.​

Some months ago i started a thread on what I believe to be the correct view of this passage. You will reject it, of course, because your mind is already made up, but I'm convinced based on the totality of Paul's doctrine regarding justification and sanctification, he is speaking of believers risking losing their inheritance in the Kingdom, not their presence in the Kingdom.

Paul says believers are already in the Kingdom because they are in Christ, and where He is, they are. Inseparably.

The believer's inheritance, however, is apparently a different matter.

But salvation from sin is not the issue here, as that was forever settled at the cross.

God's Truth

Some months ago i started a thread on what I believe to be the correct view of this passage. You will reject it, of course, because your mind is already made up, but I'm convinced based on the totality of Paul's doctrine regarding justification and sanctification, he is speaking of believers risking losing their inheritance in the Kingdom, not their presence in the Kingdom.

Paul says believers are already in the Kingdom because they are in Christ, and where He is, they are.

The believers inheritance, however, is a different matter.

But salvation from sin is not the issue here, as that was forever settled at the cross.

Wow. That is not losing it mentally?

"losing their inheritance in the Kingdom, not their presence in the Kingdom."

lol

How do you lose the inheritance but still have it?

I'm keeping this for a file I named Idiot's Gospel.

The INHERITANCE IS eternal life.

Luke 10:25[ The Parable of the Good Samaritan ] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

glorydaz

Salvation is not of yourself, but DAMNATION is of YOURSELF.

God will take His Spirit away from those people that turn from righteousness unto wickedness.
They lose the Holy Spirit of promise and forfeit the promise through choosing damnation over salvation.

So, you DO NOT have faith in God's ability to keep those He has purchased with His own blood. :think:

The "gospel of YOUR salvation...ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of your INHERITANCE until the redemption of the PURCHASED POSSESSION. Purchased...not just rented on a trial basis.

Ephesians 1:13-14
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.​

Here we see we HAVE the firstfruits of the Spirit...only waiting the redemption of our body. We only await redemption of our body.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.​

What a shame you lack faith in God. :nono:

musterion

Salvation is not of yourself, but DAMNATION is of YOURSELF.

Nope.

If somebody has the power to damn themselves, then they automatically have the power to stop themselves from being damned
too...aka, the power to save themselves.

The problem with what you're saying is, they're already damned.

Closet humanist you is granting them power they don't have.

God's Truth

So, you DO NOT have faith in God's ability to keep those He has purchased with His own blood. :think:

The "gospel of YOUR salvation...ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of your INHERITANCE until the redemption of the PURCHASED POSSESSION. Purchased...not just rented on a trial basis.

Ephesians 1:13-14
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.​

Here we see we HAVE the firstfruits of the Spirit...only waiting the redemption of our body. We only await redemption of our body.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.​

What a shame you lack faith in God. :nono:

1 Corinthians 10:12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Romans 11:22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

1 Corinthians 11:31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment.

1 Timothy 3:6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

DISQUALIFIED means not saved:
See 2 Corinthians 13:5, Hebrews 10:31, Luke 12:46, Galatians 4:19, John 15:6, Luke 13:28, Matthew 8:12, and Matthew 5:13.

God's Truth

Nope.

If somebody has the power to damn themselves, they have the power to stop themselves being damned
too...aka, the power to save themselves.

The problem with what you're saying is, they're already damned.

Closet humanist you is granting them power they don't have.

You don't have power to believe?

glorydaz

1 Corinthians 10:12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Romans 11:22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

1 Corinthians 11:31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment.

1 Timothy 3:6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

DISQUALIFIED means not saved:
See 2 Corinthians 13:5, Hebrews 10:31, Luke 12:46, Galatians 4:19, John 15:6, Luke 13:28, Matthew 8:12, and Matthew 5:13.

Disqualified does NOT mean not saved. :duh:

musterion

You don't have power to believe?

You mystic moron. God saw to it that everyone can believe.

But the ability to believe is not a power.

Ask me how I know that. I'll go ahead and tell you.

Paul says the gospel itself is the power of God unto salvation. Faith is simply the proper response to it. True, one can choose not to believe (as you don't) but it is not a power in and of itself whether one believes or not. It is simply the response to the power.

God's Truth

No, He wants me to stand against those who preach their own obedience for Salvation.

As you've been told more times than I care to count.

Why that is so difficult for you to comprehend is truly beyond me....except you have been blinded by your own pride. :think:

You are the one blinded by your pride.

Obeying Jesus is not a reason to charge one as being blinded and prideful.

Obeying Jesus show one to be a humble and obedient servant.

glorydaz

You mystic moron. God saw to it that everyone can believe.

But the ability to believe is not a power.

Ask me how I know that. I'll go ahead and tell you.

Paul says the gospel itself is the power of God unto salvation. Faith is simply the proper response to it. True, one can choose not to believe (as you don't) but it is not a power in and of itself whether one believes or not. It is simply the response to the power.

:first: