ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

musterion

Salvation is not of YOURSELF. There is no "short time" indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Thus the "earnest" of the Spirit. The Spirit is God's SEAL upon those who are His.
2 Corinthians 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.​

If you can disqualify yourself, that means you can save yourself.

He's in the workerbee hive, workin' hard for them pearly gates to open someday.

genuineoriginal

The parable is that the word is the seed. Just because someone hears the word, doesn't mean they are saved. Just because one thinks it sounds good, but then they get distracted by the cares of the world, doesn't mean that person is saved. Jail house conversions are head knowledge....not salvation. I think your problem is thinking that people who claim to be saved are actually saved.
You have correctly identified the real problem with OSAS: OSAS teaches people to claim they are saved when they actually are not saved.
Paul does not equate the time of our belief with salvation the way OSAS does.

Romans 13:11
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.​

God's Truth

You have correctly identified the real problem with OSAS: OSAS teaches people to claim they are saved when they actually are not saved.
Paul does not equate the time of our belief with salvation the way OSAS does.

Romans 13:11
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.​

There is a time of our salvation.

genuineoriginal

What church or denomination are you affiliated with? I'll bet you won't answer that question.

Acts 24:14-16
14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void to offence toward God, and toward men.​

I bet your church or denomination does not follow Paul's belief as stated in these verses. :e4e: