ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glorydaz

Yes, earnest money is given to show an intention to pursue a deal that can be cancelled by either party.

No, I am saying that God allows you to cancel the deal before it has been finalized.

No, if I put earnest money down on a house, and I change my mind, I lose that earnest money. God won't change His mind. When He gives His earnest of the Spirit, you can take it to the bank.

In this case, it's God Almighty who gives us the earnest of the Holy Spirit. Are you telling me that God is not good for the earnest He's given?

That He would give His personal guarantee that He would make sure the deal came to fruition. Especially since it is that Spirit that performs the work in us.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

genuineoriginal

1. False. Anyone who says that has no concept of what either justification nor sanctification in Christ means and does.

2. Please cite the apostle Paul telling believers about fruit and how it's produced.

I'll wait.
Here is what Jesus said:

Matthew 13:18-23
18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.​

OSAS teaches that 3 responses of the 4 will be saved, but Jesus teaches that only 1 of the 4 will be saved.

Do you think Paul contradicted Jesus?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Here is what Jesus said:

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.​

OSAS teaches that 3 responses of the 4 will be saved, but Jesus teaches that only 1 of the 4 will be saved.

There are NO contradictions in the Bible. The problem begins with, people who do not know how to Rightly Divide the Scriptures.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
1. False. Anyone who says that has no concept of what either justification nor sanctification in Christ means and does.

2. Please cite the apostle Paul telling believers about fruit and how it's produced.

I'll wait.
You guys are deeply deceived.

The NT is full of verses about producing fruit.

Is that what MADs believe, skipping all inconvenient verses?

glorydaz

Here is what Jesus said:

That's speaking of those who hear the word of God...not those who are saved.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

I'll wait.

here are the verses about producing fruit.

Matthew 3:10
The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

Matthew 21:43
“Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.

Luke 3:8
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. .

Luke 3:9
The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.”

genuineoriginal

No, if I put earnest money down on a house, and I change my mind, I lose that earnest money. God won't change His mind. When He gives His earnest of the Spirit, you can take it to the bank.
God has set the criteria for salvation and will not change His mind.
If you disqualify yourself from salvation, you will not be saved, despite having the Holy Spirit of promise for a short time in your life before the Spirit was taken away from you.

Are you telling me that God is not good for the earnest He's given?
He will keep His promises, even the ones you are hoping He will not keep.

Mark 16:16
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.​

That He would give His personal guarantee that He would make sure the deal came to fruition.
God will also make sure that this passage will be fulfilled among those who lose the Holy Spirit by turning away from righteousness.

Ezekiel 18:26
26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.​

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you disqualify yourself from salvation, you will not be saved, despite having the Holy Spirit of promise for a short time in your life before the Spirit was taken away from you.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.​

God will also make sure that this passage will be fulfilled among those who lose the Holy Spirit by turning away from righteousness.

26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.​

You're very confused.

genuineoriginal

Once again we see a false believer with a very big personal stake in no one else being sure of their eternal salvation.

"If I can't have it, neither can anyone else!"

1 John 2:3-4
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.​

According to this passage, people that teach OSAS do not have the truth in them.

glorydaz

Oh, you're talking about before the Comforter had come. No wonder you're confused.

glorydaz

1 John 2:3-4
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.​

According to this passage, people that teach OSAS do not have the truth in them.

Law....not grace. :chew: