toldailytopic: Rick Santorum believes in Satan. Does that alarm you?

genuineoriginal

Who wanted Jesus dead and petitioned the Romans to have Jesus persecuted?

Oh yeah, nothing. How reasonable. Just because one feels for a group of people doesn't mean one has to flat out be dishonest and lie about history. Being accurate equals being ignorant because of dishonest people like you and Granite. Go read a Bible.

I have, and that is the reason I reject the ignorant statements you made.

John 10:17-18
17Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.​

Matthew 26:53-54
53Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
54But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?​

What did Jesus say about the people that mistreat the Jews?

Matthew 25:31-46
31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32And before him shall be gathered all nations [Gentiles]: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren [the Jews], ye have done it unto me.
41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these [the Jews], ye did it not to me.
46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.​

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Why should I want a person who spits on Christians to be the President of a Christian country? Does that make me a racist, hypocritical Holocaust denier, or does it just make you look stupid for continuing to grandstand the thread with a straw man?

No one cares if you don't want a person who spits on Christians to be President. The problem is that you paint all Jews as Christian-haters and ones that will spit on Christians. :plain: You shouldn't stereotype like that.

And it's quite funny and odd that you accuse Jews of all this stuff but seem to have no problem with Muslims. :AMR:

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
I have, and that is the reason I reject the ignorant statements you made.

John 10:17-18
17Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.​

Matthew 26:53-54
53Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
54But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?​

Go to Hebron and many other Palestian lands, THE REAL WORLD, and you will find the true face of Jews. They make Christian's lives miserable, they are proud that they killed Jesus, and terrorize Muslims whenever they are afforded the luxury.
They know very well that they killed Jesus, you can put as much Scripture as you want. They killed Jesus and you are just as much a bottomless denier as those who deny the Holocaust.

And back to the original point, since when did not wanting a practicing Jew in office make me a racist, bigoted, ignorant person?
Any logic for that claim?

You and Granite are just full of it., grandstanding and trying to be some paragon of integrity when both of you are just dishonest and pretentious beggars for appeal.

elohiym

Santorum (from Kmo's post) said:
The White House contender described how Satan is even taking hold of some religions.

"We look at the shape of mainline Protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it."

Again, from the Catholic Reporter:

From the National Catholic Reporter:

Speakers cited a famous saying of Escriva: “Have you ever bothered to think how absurd it is to leave one’s Catholicism aside on entering a university, or a professional association, or a scholarly meeting, or a congress, as if you were checking your hat at the door?”

In contemporary Western debates, this idea of unity between faith and political allegiance often puts Opus Dei-inspired politicians on the right.

Santorum was a forceful champion of this view. He told NCR that a distinction between private religious conviction and public responsibility, enshrined in John Kennedy’s famous speech in 1960 saying he would not take orders from the Catholic church if elected president, has caused “much harm in America.”

We have a Catholic presidential candidate who apparently thinks Protestantism is controlled by Satan. No surprise there. Problem is, he is implying that his war is against certain religious denominations. Furthermore, unlike Kennedy's assurance he would not, this guy is implying that he will take orders from the Papal States (a foreign nation). His allegiance is to the Catholic Church above his country. Protestants would be foolish to vote for Santorum.

genuineoriginal

Go to Hebron and many other Palestian lands, THE REAL WORLD, and you will find the true face of Jews. They make Christian's lives miserable, they are proud that they killed Jesus, and terrorize Muslims whenever they are afforded the luxury.
They know very well that they killed Jesus, you can put as much Scripture as you want. They killed Jesus and you are just as much a bottomless denier as those who deny the Holocaust.
Okay, you are not ignorant, you are just stupid. There is no cure for stupidity. If you were ignorant, I could discuss the land of Israel and how the Muslims terrorize God's chosen people with you, but that is a waste of time here.

And back to the original point, since when did not wanting a practicing Jew in office make me a racist, bigoted, ignorant person?
Any logic for that claim?
I asked if you are ignorant or stupid. I never called you a racist nor did I call you bigoted, but you have proven that you are not ignorant. That means you are just plain stupid.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Okay, you are not ignorant, you are just stupid. There is no cure for stupidity. If you were ignorant, I could discuss the land of Israel and how the Muslims terrorize God's chosen people with you, but that is a waste of time here.

I asked if you are ignorant or stupid. I never called you a racist nor did I call you bigoted, but you have proven that you are not ignorant. That means you are just plain stupid.

What else happens in Israel is irrelevant. I proved my case, and so I am neither ignorant, or stupid, or racist, or bigoted.

organiccornflake

I'm struggling to figure out why this is such a big news story. Is this the best they can do to tarnish Santorum? And is it a wise criticism?

Doesn't Romney believe in Satan? How about Ron Paul?

We know that Obama believes in Satan.... he sees him in the mirror every morning when he brushes his teeth.

Incorrect, because Obama can't see the obvious even if it looked him in the face. :)

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
He believes that Satan is controlling mainline Protestantism and that mainline Protestantism is "gone from Christianity."

Does that alarm you?

No.

Most Mainline Protestants Say Society Should Accept Homosexuality
http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1159/homosexuality-protestant-view

I'd say that 6 out of 8 mainline Protestant churches saying that something God abhorred is irrelevant, is of concern.

So if Satan didn't infiltrate mainline Protestant churches, who did?

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Who infiltrated the Catholic Church with it's pedophile priest scandals?

I think the whole 'Satan will not prevail against the church' thing is a bit misinterpreted.
I have always seen it as speaking of the object of Christianity in general. Satan will not prevail against the name of Christendom.
After all, there has been a lot of wrongdoing by many Christians in the past, but Christendom has survived everything for the past two thousand years. It is quite infallible; Satan is unable to undo it.
Christian strength is the strongest force ever to grace mankind :thumb: