toldailytopic: Rick Santorum believes in Satan. Does that alarm you?

Dr.Watson

Santorum's the perfect candidate to elect as president for those who drool in anticipation for America the "Brave and Free" to be turned into an oppressive, sexist theocracy. The Christian version of any Islamic Fundy Nation. Want your life dictated by the vapid interpretation of an ancient myth-book, from woefully ignorant and profoundly stupid men? Yes, with cherries on top? Than Santorum is the guy.

Iconoclast

I'm struggling to figure out why this is such a big news story. Is this the best they can do to tarnish Santorum? And is it a wise criticism?

Doesn't Romney believe in Satan? How about Ron Paul?

We know that Obama believes in Satan.... he sees him in the mirror every morning when he brushes his teeth.

The liberals in the media believe that those who believe in either God or Satan are foolish people who can't except reality. People who are superstitious and see God or Satan behind everything. They believe that science has proven the bible is false because of evolution and thus people who believe in such foolishness are a danger to society since they are or will be making decisions based on a false premise. So to those in the media this is a total disqualifier for public office.

elohiym

Santorum's the perfect candidate to elect as president for those who drool in anticipation for America the "Brave and Free" to be turned into an oppressive, sexist theocracy.

From the National Catholic Reporter:

Speakers cited a famous saying of Escriva: “Have you ever bothered to think how absurd it is to leave one’s Catholicism aside on entering a university, or a professional association, or a scholarly meeting, or a congress, as if you were checking your hat at the door?”

In contemporary Western debates, this idea of unity between faith and political allegiance often puts Opus Dei-inspired politicians on the right.

Santorum was a forceful champion of this view. He told NCR that a distinction between private religious conviction and public responsibility, enshrined in John Kennedy’s famous speech in 1960 saying he would not take orders from the Catholic church if elected president, has caused “much harm in America.”

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Being a Christian is an unofficial qualifier for Presidency. It's always seemed to be that way, with the founding Presidents being an exception. If a candidate says they are an atheist or a Muslim or a Jew, that will probably be what keeps them for winning in the end. Obama even get a lot of scrutiny over hearsay that he was a Muslim.

Personally, I wouldn't care if a candidate was Christian or an atheist. Or even a Muslim for that matter. I'd just stay clear of one that is a Jew, for self-evident reasons.

And yeah, implying that Santorum is a Satanist is is pretty cheap and dirty. Only a moron could be a Satanist, because it requires the belief of an all-powerful, rational and just God.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was a Jew, as were all his Apostles.

And they believed in the Christ. Jews do not, and you cannot 'sleep' on Jews. They will push an agenda given the chance for their better end. And if one thinks that conservatives are apt to wage war..
:chuckle: Goodbye Iraq

Granite

Hall of Fame
Being a Christian is an unofficial qualifier for Presidency. It's always seemed to be that way, with the founding Presidents being an exception. If a candidate says they are an atheist or a Muslim or a Jew, that will probably be what keeps them for winning in the end. Obama even get a lot of scrutiny over hearsay that he was a Muslim.

A Jewish candidate might stand a chance, but yes, a Muslim or atheist remains unelectable to the presidency for the forseeable future.

Personally, I wouldn't care if a candidate was Christian or an atheist. Or even a Muslim for that matter. I'd just stay clear of one that is a Jew, for self-evident reasons.

:rolleyes:

And here we go. Just another rotten anti-semite without a clue.

Idiot.:loser:

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
And here we go. Just another rotten anti-semite without a clue.

Idiot.:loser:

You just don't know anything about religious affairs, that's all. As a Christian, I have a duty to not let some Judaic person go in office and turn the tides even further against Christendom. You are a rotten atheist :idunno:

I think the dumbest thing Christians could do is put Jews over Muslims. I mean, Islam is the only other religion that includes Jesus period, and the Jews pretty much have their finger up at both and none of them have humility period.
But that makes me an anti-semite? You are a moron, Granite, go mind your business.

elohiym

And they believed in the Christ. Jews do not ...

As I said, Jesus was a Jew and so were his apostles. Many Jews believe in Christ. There is a large Jews for Jesus movement.

Romans 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

elohiym

...I have a duty to not let some Judaic person go in office and turn the tides even further against Christendom.

Christendom is divided. Most Christians don't know or believe the gospel. Jesus said few find the narrow way, few are chosen. That wasn't hyperbole.

Perhaps believing the gospel is the presidential qualifier you are looking for, and what you are really saying is only those who believe the gospel of Christ should be President.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
As I said, Jesus was a Jew and so were his apostles. Many Jews believe in Christ. There is a large Jews for Jesus movement.

Romans 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

What exactly are you arguing, Elohiym? It's really starting to frustrate me, to be honest. Do Jews in believe in Jesus? No. IT IS BLATANTLY OBVIOUS THAT I AM TALKING ABOUT ONE WHO IS INVOLVED IN JUDAISM, ALL OF WHICH ARE JEWISH. Too often does this idiot argument just blossom out of nowhere. I expect better from you, seriously.

Granite

Hall of Fame
You just don't know anything about religious affairs, that's all.

:yawn: Spare me.

As a Christian, I have a duty to not let some Judaic person go in office and turn the tides even further against Christendom. You are a rotten atheist.

You're an anti-semite and a bigot.

You are a moron, Granite, go mind your business.

My mother's people are Jewish. I take this kind of slander and racism personally. You're a garden variety bigot, as ignorant, prejudiced, and self-satisfied as they come.

bybee

What exactly are you arguing, Elohiym? It's really starting to frustrate me, to be honest. Do Jews in believe in Jesus? No. AND IT IS BLATANTLY OBVIOUS THAT I AM TALKING ABOUT ONE WHO IS INVOLVED IN JUDAISM. Too often does this idiot argument just blossom out of nowhere. They hate Christianity. I expect better from you, seriously.

Jewish persons do not hate Christianity.
Christian person's have historically hated Jews.
You are an exceeding embarrassment. It is only your obvious red-necked, yokelism that causes me to not take you seriously.

elohiym

What exactly are you arguing, Elohiym? It's really starting to frustrate me, to be honest.

That doesn't make sense to you? Paul is explicitly stating that the only real Jews are the Jews who believe the gospel of Christ.

Do Jews in believe in Jesus? No.

http://www.jewsforjesus.org

Jews are only a race in legality.

Romans 2:28-29 is the truth.

They hate Christianity.

Are there people who call themselves Jews who hate Christianity? Sure. There are haters in every group. No reason to use such a broad brush, especially in light Romans 2:28-29.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
:yawn: Spare me.

You're an anti-semite and a bigot.

My mother's people are Jewish. I take this kind of slander and racism personally. You're a garden variety bigot, as ignorant, prejudiced, and self-satisfied as they come.

Jewish persons do not hate Christianity.
Christian person's have historically hated Jews.
You are an exceeding embarrassment. It is only your obvious red-necked, yokelism that causes me to not take you seriously.

Shut up, Bybee. You just find reasons to try and grandstand on me, that's all. Let someone of Judaic influence be in the highest seat in the world, and you will feel stupid for even defending it in the first place.

You, Granite and Elohiym are all thriving on a straw man which I have burned. It is obvious that I am talking about Judaism.
So all three of you can just go to Hell, trying to call me a bigot and an 'embarrassment' for caring about my religion and seeing that Judaism has no place in disrupting it.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And they believed in the Christ. Jews do not, and you cannot 'sleep' on Jews. They will push an agenda given the chance for their better end. And if one thinks that conservatives are apt to wage war..
:chuckle: Goodbye Iraq
:dunce:

Your antisemitism is showing.

elohiym

IT IS BLATANTLY OBVIOUS THAT I AM TALKING ABOUT ONE WHO IS INVOLVED IN JUDAISM, ALL OF WHICH ARE JEWISH.

Jesus said that salvation is of the Jews (Jn 4:22) meaning the gospel he was preaching was part of Judaism, not a different religion (like Samaritanism). What you call Christianity was, and is, a sect of Judaism. It wasn't even called Christianity until long after Jesus went to his Father. Nowhere in scripture was Christianity declared to be a new religion separate from Judaism. That's been man's doing.

Too often does this idiot argument just blossom out of nowhere.

Paul makes the "idiot argument" in Romans 2:28-29.