toldailytopic: Rick Santorum believes in Satan. Does that alarm you?

Granite

Hall of Fame
You, Granite and Elohiym are all thriving on a straw man which I have burned.

Interesting choice of words. People like you are the reason many of my ancestors were wiped out.

You're a complete disgrace.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
That's nice. See how antisemitic you are when a Judaic President makes Christian institutions serve unChristian statutes.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
:yawn: Spare me.

You're an anti-semite and a bigot.

My mother's people are Jewish. I take this kind of slander and racism personally. You're a garden variety bigot, as ignorant, prejudiced, and self-satisfied as they come.

Blah blah blah. I am not antisemitic, I am anti-Judaic. You all can beat that straw man to death, you all are just patently trying to aggravate me, finding a reason to act like children. The irony is that if I replaced Judaic with Muslim in all my posts, nobody on here would saying anything. That is the ignorance of society.

elohiym

Let someone of Judaic influence be in the highest seat in the world, and you will feel stupid for even defending it in the first place.

The King of Kings is the King of Israel and the Jews, and he also happens to be ruler of the word.

You, Granite and Elohiym are all thriving on a straw man which I have burned.

What straw man? Jesus was a Jew. The gospel is part of Judaism. Romans 2:28-29.

It is obvious that I am talking about Judaism.

Yes, and I've addressed that. You are defining Judaism in a way the Bible does not.

So all three of you can just go to Hell ...

You tell me to go to hell because of my argument?

... trying to call me a bigot and an 'embarrassment' for caring about my religion and seeing that Judaism has no place in disrupting it.

I haven't called you anything.

bybee

That's nice. See how antisemitic you are when a Judaic President makes Christian institutions serve unChristian statutes.

You flaming gas jet! That has already happened under any number of so-called Christian presidents!
Watch out, you'll set your broom on fire!

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
JUDAIC PEOPLE HATE CHRISTIANS. MUSLIMS DO NOT HATE CHRISTIANS. YOU ALL TRUST JEWS MORE THEN MUSLIMS, BECAUSE YOU ALL ARE MEDIA DRONES.

I am not having this discussion anymore. A mere statement against Judaism, and four people jump on me. Three of which are allegedly Christian, and an atheist who criticizes Christians only because they are the majority.

Judaic people do not believe in Jesus, and so therefore your argument is void, Elohyim. That is your straw man.

Bybee, you simply just have motive to attack me on anything.

Granite, you are an atheist who finds atheists calling the religious evil perfectly fine, which makes you a hypocrite.

Therefore, none of you are even WORTH my time. Goodbye :wave:

Granite

Hall of Fame
I am not antisemitic, I am anti-Judaic.

Totally asinine.

You all can beat that straw man to death, you all are just patently trying to aggravate me, finding a reason to act like children.

Says the guy who hijacked a thread with frothing anti-Jewish ranting.

You're a complete buffoon, a liar, and a waste of air.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I have been listening to Satorum on C-Span
and
he really is impressive
and
he might make it an interesting race

Granite

Hall of Fame
JUDAIC PEOPLE HATE CHRISTIANS. MUSLIMS DO NOT HATE CHRISTIANS. YOU ALL TRUST JEWS MORE THEN MUSLIMS, BECAUSE YOU ALL ARE MEDIA DRONES.

I am not having this discussion anymore. A mere statement against Judaism, and four people jump on me. Three of which are allegedly Christian, and an atheist who criticizes Christians only because they are the majority.

Judaic people do not believe in Jesus, and so therefore your argument is void, Elohyim. That is your straw man.

Bybee, you simply just have motive to attack me on anything.

Granite, you are an atheist who finds atheists calling the religious evil perfectly fine, which makes you a hypocrite.

Therefore, none of you are even WORTH my time. Goodbye :wave:

If you thought your asinine racist drivel was going to get you an atta boy, you're thicker than I thought.

PureX

Rick Santorum believes in Satan. Does that alarm you?

It only alarms me if he doesn't understand the difference between there being evil in the world, and there being invisible demons that try to trick people into doing evil things. Santorum is a Catholic, so I suspect he understands the difference.

What scares me about Santorum is that he appears to me to be completely closed to the alternate beliefs of others. The whole point of being a public servant is to serve the public, not yourself. That means being able to consider and respect lots of different views and ideas about how things are, and how things should be, because the public is a diverse entity. You can't serve the public and ignore them at the same time.

It would be really nice to see a public servant who understood what that means to serve the public, for a change.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
You appear to be ignoring the points of my argument.

I understand what you are saying. The Bible implies that Christians are Judaic, and it's the Jewish people that dissented from Judaism.

But that is semantic-based argument, and it is obviously not what I was meaning. I'm sorry if I was being crude to you, it's really the others that thoroughly aggravated me. Nobody calls me a racist and a bigot and an 'embarrassment' because they want to strive on straw men rather then be accurate. A mod is on here no doubt because one of them whined about me telling them to go to Hell. Well if that's where they stand, then they can do just that, because I don't take that nonsense from anybody.

The Berean

Rick Santorum believes in Satan. Does that alarm you?

It only alarms me if he doesn't understand the difference between there being evil in the world, and there being invisible demons that try to trick people into doing evil things. Santorum is a Catholic, so I suspect he understands the difference.

What scares me about Santorum is that he appears to me to be completely closed to the alternate beliefs of others. The whole point of being a public servant is to serve the public, not yourself. That means being able to consider and respect lots of different views and ideas about how things are, and things should be, because the public is a diverse entity. You can't serve the public and ignore them at the same time.

It would be really nice to see a public servant who understood what that means to serve the public, for a change.
Serving the public and respecting an individual's beliefs are entirely separate things. Sanatorum, or any public official, is under no obligation to "respects" beliefs that he considers to be false. If an atheist/agnostic person is elected President is he/she obligated to respect "religious" beliefs? No, they are not obligated to do so insofar as it doesn't affect their ability to perform their duties.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I understand what you are saying. The Bible implies that Christians are Judaic, and it's the Jewish people that dissented from Judaism.

But that is semantic-based argument, and it is obviously not what I was meaning. I'm sorry if I was being crude to you, it's really the others that thoroughly aggravated me. Nobody calls me a racist and a bigot and an 'embarrassment' because they want to strive on straw men rather then be accurate. A mod is on here no doubt because one of them whined about me telling them to go to Hell. Well if that's where they stand, then they can do just that, because I don't take that nonsense from anybody.

Oooooh, boy. An Internet tough guy. And we're all duly impressed.

elohiym

But that is semantic-based argument, and it is obviously not what I was meaning.

And I understand what you are saying, too. I have had experiences with Jews who were prejudiced against Christianity. But I have also witnessed Muslims and atheists who were prejudiced against Christianity, as well as Catholics against Protestants (the most relevant prejudice to be discussing regarding Santorum). That you seemed to single out Jews caused me to question your position further.

I'm sorry if I was being crude to you ...

No worries. I was more confused than offended. :)

PureX

Serving the public and respecting an individual's beliefs are entirely separate things.
No they aren't. How can one claim to serve the public while ignoring their beliefs, needs, or desires?
Sanatorum, or any public official, is under no obligation to "respects" beliefs that he considers to be false.
That's ridiculous. He's not the "decider" of who's beliefs are true or false. This is a nation of free men and women, not some tin pot religious dictatorship. His job is to find a way to accommodate everyone's beliefs to the degree to which that's reasonable and possible.
If an atheist/agnostic person is elected President is he/she obligated to respect "religious" beliefs? No, they are not obligated to do so insofar as it doesn't affect their ability to perform their duties.
Yes, an atheist/agnostic public servant is obligated to respect the religious beliefs of his constituents, just as a Christian or Muslim public servant in this country is obligated to respect the beliefs of others, whether they be secular, or religious.

If a person can't understand and respect the ideas and beliefs of his fellow citizens, he has no business accepting a political position as their representative.

Granite

Hall of Fame
You're an anti-theist on a theology site. Therefore, your argument is invalid.

No one here cares what you think.

This is at least the second time you've threatened to take your ball and abandon a thread only to come right back, so either put up, shut up, or stop being such a glutton for punishment.

The Berean

No they aren't. How can one claim to serve the public while ignoring their beliefs, needs, or desires?

Now wait a minute, you said "beliefs". Now you bring in "needs" and "desires". Those are different things.

That's ridiculous. He's not the "decider" of who's beliefs are true or false. This is a nation of free men and women, not some tin pot religious dictatorship. His job is to find a way to accommodate everyone's beliefs to the degree to which that's reasonable and possible.
Where did I said he is the "decider"? I said he is not required to "respect" other's beliefs (i.e. accept their beliefs as true). You want a public official to be forced to accept beliefs he considers to be false? Now, that IS ridiculous.

Yes, an atheist/agnostic public servant is obligated to respect the religious beliefs of his constituents, just as a Christian or Muslim public servant in this country is obligated to respect the beliefs of others, whether they be secular, or religious.
No, they are not. They are elected to do a job. "Respecting" other beliefs is not part of the job description.

If a person can't understand and respect the ideas and beliefs of his fellow citizens, he has no business accepting a political position as their representative.
That is YOUR opinion. Understanding and "respecting" are different things as well. I understand the beliefs of atheists (I used to be an atheist). I happen to disagree with those beliefs today. I would not expect an atheist President to "respect" my Christian beliefs and it wouldn't really matter to me anyway.