toldailytopic: Can God change His mind?

john w

Hall of Fame
"Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, " Mt. 27:3 KJV

Judas repented.

Since Knight and I are "tight," I, in his stead, thus officially declare this thread closed.

If you have any problems with this, take it up with him.

john w

Hall of Fame
Judas repented? Really? Sorrow for a misdeed leading to temporal death is not the same as godly repentance resulting in glory.

"Judas repented? Really?"-amanneredfool

"Really" he did. You missed it:

"Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, " Mt. 27:3 KJV

Judas repented. The LORD God repented.

"Connect the dots."

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yes he did. You missed it:

Judas repented. The LORD God repented.

"Connect the dots."

Judas repented of taking the money. He did not repent in his heart for his sin, because God did not grant him saving repentance.

And God is not a man, that He should repent. (Especially on the very low level as Judas' repentance.)

This is actually a very bad comparison to make, Johnny. God Almight should never be compared to man at all, let alone a human traitor who died in disgrace.

tsk tsk

I wonder what your mommy would say . . .

Nang

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Disappointing to see the willingness to set aside God's sovereignty just to make room for the autocracy of the human will. Pride, presumption, depravity, and misunderstanding, lead some men to exclude God and exalt themselves so far as they are able, all contra Scripture: Daniel 4:35; Jeremiah 32:17; Matthew 28:18; Ephesians 1:11,22; Isaiah 14:24,27; Isaiah 46:9,10,11; Genesis 18:14; Job 42:2; Psalm 115:3; Psalm 135:6; Isaiah 55:11; Romans 9:20, 21.

God's immutability:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1531901#post1531901

Answer to the claim God must change in order to have a "relationship" with His creatures:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1539895#post1539895

AMR

pebbleanrock

can God change his mind

can God change his mind

Amos 7:4-6 He changed his mind twice here.
Gen 8:26-32 God is about to destroy Sodom. If 50 are righteous? OK, he says changing his mind. 40? changing it again. 20? But was this Angels or the Lord? Because angel's minds are totally in sync with their Lord's, their actions are credited to Him. Romans 8:19 >25 All creation groans in anticipation of the birth of the Sons of God. That's you! So in spreading Love and Creation across the universe for eternity [or so], you will, acting totally insync with the Lord, will be able to offer mercy as such and change your mind on his behalf.:king:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Amos 7:4-6 He changed his mind twice here.
Gen 8:26-32 God is about to destroy Sodom. If 50 are righteous? OK, he says changing his mind. 40? changing it again. 20? But was this Angels or the Lord? Because angel's minds are totally in sync with their Lord's, their actions are credited to Him. Romans 8:19 >25 All creation groans in anticipation of the birth of the Sons of God. That's you! So in spreading Love and Creation across the universe for eternity [or so], you will, acting totally insync with the Lord, will be able to offer mercy as such and change your mind on his behalf.:king:

I say, bah.

Paulos

Judas repented? Really? Sorrow for a misdeed leading to temporal death is not the same as godly repentance resulting in glory.

Precisely. Judas regretted what he did, but his sorrow was "of the world":

2 Corinthians 7:9-10
Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.​

andyc

Judas repented.

Since Knight and I are "tight," I, in his stead, thus officially declare this thread closed.

If you have any problems with this, take it up with him.

Judas' remorse doesn't make any difference. What he did was unforgivable. When he went out, it was night, and satan entered.

He did not repent, because no repentance was granted to him.

andyc

Good. Since we are taking God at His Word, we must acknowledge that He says He changes His mind. Anything else would be ignoring God's Word in favor of our own imagination.

If God changes his mind, there must be prearranged conditions involved, otherwise there is no surety in his word.

Lon

Good. Since we are taking God at His Word, we must acknowledge that He says He changes His mind. Anything else would be ignoring God's Word in favor of our own imagination.
Glad you said that. "Changed His mind" is nowhere in scripture.