This is what emboldened white supremacists look like

ClimateSanity

See that guy, with the hose, trying to wash away the truth. Shame on him.

Yeah, sure, you shouldn't vandalize people's property, they can take that claim down to the police station and file a report. But making a public monument on public grounds to these abhorrent acts is the real shame.
No Stalin. Shame on you.

WizardofOz

To be fair, is this what 'emboldened conservatives' do?

Spoiler
20160609_184513-1200px-WM.jpg

This simplistic tribal-think is a bit counterproductive, don't you think? :think:

rexlunae

There is only one reason for such a *monument* to be displayed. It's for the sole purpose of enraging and antagonizing. Apparently, it accomplished it's goal. Not sure what the beef is ... :think:

It feeds the victim-hood narrative that some have, and that is regrettable. But they found reasons to feel unjustifiably aggrieved before spray-paint was invented. But, for me, it just isn't even remotely on the level of the monument itself. If I grew up in a place that systematically encouraged violence against me, and built monuments that justify it, I might be pretty upset to, to the point of doing something illegal like scrawling a message, out of frustration and a need to put out a truth that no one wants to hear. I can't find it in myself to fault that reaction.

Call me chaotic good.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Emboldened liberals have such a way with words.

Don't look if you are offended by emboldened liberal talk.
Spoiler
Defaced-8.jpg

ClimateSanity

To be fair, is this what 'emboldened conservatives' do?

Spoiler
20160609_184513-1200px-WM.jpg

This simplistic tribal-think is a bit counterproductive, don't you think? :think:
Emboldened conservatives vote. Start talk shows. Forward their causes on facebook. Write editorials. Join causes. Boycott. Don't cower to totalitarians on boards like this.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It feeds the victim-hood narrative that some have, and that is regrettable. But they found reasons to feel unjustifiably aggrieved before spray-paint was invented. But, for me, it just isn't even remotely on the level of the monument itself. If I grew up in a place that systematically encouraged violence against me, and built monuments that justify it, I might be pretty upset to, to the point of doing something illegal like scrawling a message, out of frustration and a need to put out a truth that no one wants to hear. I can't find it in myself to fault that reaction.

Call me chaotic good.

Indeed ... freedom of speech does not equate to "I can say and display anything I wish ... consequence free". The consequence ... you may not care for the response.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That's mildly amusing, seeing it coming from the very guy who reported her
I'd say be honest in your criticism, but even I'm not that much of an optimist.

What I reported was her spamming the thread with photos that were burying the attempts of some to have a conversation on the point. Others have been banned for less. I just wanted her to cut that out and engage or start a "Tam's Photo Spectacular" thread elsewhere.

Here's what I wrote in that:

Wanted to protest Tam spamming the thread with monument photos sans any attempt to speak to the issue. Maybe she should start a "Confederate Monument Photo" thread instead of acting like a troll in this one where people are attempting to speak to the issues.

and wants her shut down.
I'd want anyone trolling a thread repeatedly while people were trying to speak to an issue given a heads up. One photo is a point. Dozens are something else.

Textbook example of dramatic irony.
You don't appear to understand either my objection or what dramatic irony means.

Tends to happen to the most tragically self-ignorant of characters like yourself.
You only do this because reason won't support you in a better effort. Why that doesn't embarrass you into silence or an alteration of conduct is anyone's guess.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The emboldened liberal's logic .....

"There was a historical general for the Confederacy in the Civil War, and there is a stature of him???
OMG, smash it to smithereens!!!!!!!"

3292840d94f2181bc9d46a852994da2d.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
"There was a historical general for the Confederacy in the Civil War, and there is a stature of him???
OMG, smash it to smithereens!!!!!!!"
Rather, communities are finding support from some of us who understand the history, why they'd find association with their communities and those monuments objectionable and want to remove them.