This is what emboldened white supremacists look like

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We haven't even started on the Egyptian looking monuments.
You know, those Hebrew slave masters.
Anything Egyptian has got to be smashed to smithereens.

On the flip side .....
If you have the capital to print up a bunch of Robert E. Lee t-shirts, you could make a killing right about now.

drbrumley

Rather, he isn't commemorated for his errant beliefs,

I agree, because you don't look at the big picture

but for the actions that led to the preservation of the Union

Of which, he made up....

and his freeing of an enslaved people.

As an afterthought. And had no INTENTION of freeing

Most Southerners didn't own slaves, didn't own plantations, etc. But the men in Confederate uniform might as well have owned plantations and taken their profit by that institution, because they fought for masters who did and slavery was the issue over which the war was fought and by which its practice was ended.

Oh, guilt by association....got it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Racist camel
Smash it to smithereens!

attachment-image-36d38f66-60f2-4f5d-8610-b2dd02e5dc44.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Their line of thinking is idiotic and superficial.
It isn't, which is why you do this instead of attempting to illustrate that against challenge.

They are caving to the idiotic 'black lives matter' mantra.
Literally has nothing to do with my position.

1.) Lincoln was a bad man at a point in his life, but he preserved the union so he should get a pass.

Proven false.
Rather, he isn't commemorated for his errant beliefs, but for the actions that led to the preservation of the Union and his freeing of an enslaved people.

2.) The south were nothing but a bunch of slave owners who's only concern was the protection of slavery.
Most Southerners didn't own slaves, didn't own plantations, etc. But the men in Confederate uniform might as well have owned plantations and taken their profit by that institution, because they fought for masters who did and slavery was the issue over which the war was fought and by which its practice was ended.

How is your liberty tied to the monuments?
Maybe he thinks he should be "free" to be both proud and ignorant?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Smokescreen is right. It's not about folks that had or did not have slaves, or they would want George Washington statues torn down as well.
No and you've been answered on that mistaken notion. Washington isn't being commemorated for owning slaves or supporting that horrific idea. Those men clad in Confederate uniforms are inseparably linked, both in the form of expression and by virtue of their actions in defense of a rebellion predicated upon the issue.

Every single one of our Confederate monuments could be replaced with a monument of Islam, and the 'tolerance' would be overflowing from liberals. Wouldn't hear a peep.
I can't speak for them, but I can tell you, as I have, that I'd replace every one with a monument for those who died to free men instead of enslave them.

Of which, he made up....
No, the Union was there when he arrived. He simply kept slave owners from separating it.

As an afterthought. And had no INTENTION of freeing
They weren't freed by omission.

Oh, guilt by association....got it.
Rather, culpable by active defense and you'll likely never get it, but your descendants will. :)

musterion

Tam, in many countries if you get in the way of the Left trying to rewrite history for political gain, they will kill you. Some here want to kill your stand for truth because they love lies.