This is what emboldened white supremacists look like

rexlunae

You haven't corrected me so there's that.

You whitewash everything presented to you. Let's see..

1.) Lincoln was a bad man at a point in his life, but he preserved the union so he should get a pass.

Proven false.

2.) The south were nothing but a bunch of slave owners who's only concern was the protection of slavery.

Proven false.

NEITHER OF THOSE ARE POINTS THAT I HAVE CLAIMED!!!!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
William Henry Harrison (slave owner)

William_Henry_Harrison_Monument.JPG

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Evidently, the DEMS think that Antifa is one of the ways to gain votes and take over the Presidency in 2020. Another way is to have Mad Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck "The town cryer" Schumer be their Spokespersons. Brilliant strategy I might add.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
1.) Lincoln was a bad man at a point in his life, but he preserved the union so he should get a pass.

Proven false.
Rather, he isn't commemorated for his errant beliefs, but for the actions that led to the preservation of the Union and his freeing of an enslaved people.

2.) The south were nothing but a bunch of slave owners who's only concern was the protection of slavery.
Most Southerners didn't own slaves, didn't own plantations, etc. But the men in Confederate uniform might as well have owned plantations and taken their profit by that institution, because they fought for masters who did and slavery was the issue over which the war was fought and by which its practice was ended.

How is your liberty tied to the monuments?
Maybe he thinks he should be "free" to be both proud and ignorant?

It is my liberty as a group of people to keep our monuments.
You live somewhere where the community voted to retain a monument and someone showed up to take it anyway?

Liberty doesn't allow folks who are offended by the monuments after years of them standing to take them away.
Liberty allows a community to assert its will and change its mind.

ClimateSanity

Those monuments are part of our history. Slavery and the war are part of our history. It is a totalitarian gesture to demand that my historical monuments be removed because of said tyrants political correctness demands. Those are not the characteristics of a free society.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's what it's about folks....slavery is the smokescreen
Smokescreen is right.
It's not about folks that had or did not have slaves, or they would want George Washington statues torn down as well.

And if it was really about slavery, they would up in arms against Islam that still approves of slavery.

Every single one of our Confederate monuments could be replaced with a monument of Islam, and the 'tolerance' would be overflowing from liberals.
Wouldn't hear a peep.