Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
James Monroe (slave owner)

images

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Confederate General Williams Carter Wickham statue in Monroe Park in Richmond, Virginia.
This statue could be replaced with one of Cpl. Roman Ducksworth, who was forced off a bus and shot to death by a police officer who it is believed mistakenly thought the serviceman was a freedom rider. He was, in fact, a military police officer on leave to visit his sick wife.

That's the point.....Neither are these other monuments....
You can lie to yourself, but don't waste them on me. Lee was on that New Orleans pedestal not in the civilian garb he wore when he did so much for them, but in the Confederate garb he wore supporting that disgraceful cause and the institution of slavery it served.

drbrumley

This statue could be replaced with one of Cpl. Roman Ducksworth, who was forced off a bus and shot to death by a police officer who it is believed mistakenly thought the serviceman was a freedom rider. He was, in fact, a military police officer on leave to visit his sick wife.

You can lie to yourself, but don't waste them on me. Lee was on that New Orleans pedestal not in the civilian garb he wore when he did so much for them, but in the Confederate garb he wore supporting that disgraceful cause and the institution of slavery it served.

Talk about a lie.....I'm sorry you were bottlefed in public school. I understand totally how you came to this conclusion, as it was driven in your brain since birth.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm trying to not show what they really do, as graphic evidence exists because they promote it. I don't want to post it because I know kids use the internet. And they are not ready for the details.
Perhaps it's time they were.
We have loads of nursery tales that speak of horrific things done to children.
It's becoming harder to protect them from knowing about such atrocities going on.

An old saying I like:

We don't tell our children bedtime stories about monsters so our children will know monsters exist.
Our children already know monsters exist.
We tell them the stories so our children will know that those monsters can be KILLED.

drbrumley

[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION], as you can see, they really get upset when one posts that monuments such as Lincoln's need to be removed as well if you follow their line of thinking...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Talk about a lie.....I'm sorry you were bottlefed in public school.
What you don't know would educate you.

I understand totally how you came to this conclusion, as it was driven in your brain since birth.
No, you assumptive goof. I come from a family descended from one of those people. When I came up that lionization was at a premium and institutionalized in Southern culture in a way that didn't invite or allow other considerations. It never occurred to me to question it, even as I was taught to despise the evil that proceeded from it.

You should hold at speaking for yourself. You have no inkling when it comes to me and mine.

In point of fact, my wakening on the issue has been a slow process and my current position was arrived at through a deepening understanding of the players and history. I understand you though. Your sort are the reason we're still having to shed it generations after the issue should have been laid to rest.

Bunch of flaming hypocrites.....
No, you're just not thinking rationally enough on the point to distinguish the qualification. Put Truman in the sheet and I'm in opposition.

All Democrats.
Sure. Lincoln was a Republican too. But those dems moved to the Republican party when it fled its own traditions. The South remains largely Republican to this day.

Asserted and answered, which is why you keep talking to the choir instead.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Martin Van Buren (slave owner)
Again, beside the point, given he's not being memorialized for that particular while those Confederate "gentlemen" stand or ride in full uniform and support of that odious cause are, prima facie, by virtue of how they are presented and what distinguishes most of them from others of their day.

Most people for long stretches of history were racists. Lincoln wasn't free of it either.

drbrumley

Except that you don't follow our line of thinking and don't engage when corrected. So, there's that.

You haven't corrected me so there's that.

You whitewash everything presented to you. Let's see..

1.) Lincoln was a bad man at a point in his life, but he preserved the union so he should get a pass.

Proven false.

2.) The south were nothing but a bunch of slave owners who's only concern was the protection of slavery.

Proven false.

fool

Hall of Fame
Again, beside the point, given he's not being memorialized for that particular while those Confederate "gentlemen" stand or ride in full uniform and support of that odious cause are, prima facie, by virtue of how they are presented and what distinguishes most of them from others of their day.

I don't have a problem with the statues in uniform if they're at a Confederate cemetery.