This day have I begotten you

daqq

See here & here for some insights on the right translation of this passage.

Here is a JW defense of their translation of the passage.

~*~*~

After seeing the points shared above that challenge a Trinitarian 'interpretation' into the text here,...there are other possible translations of this passage such as 'God is your throne' or 'thy throne is God'....in these cases there is no pronouncement by God to the Son about being 'God' himself, but the declaration is that unto the Messiah, God is his throne, or 'thy throne is God', meaning that the Son's authority and power is in 'God' alone, - 'throne' signifies 'authority', 'rule'.

Since Heb 1 is quoting psalm 45, its good to see some commentaries on this pslams, some scholars think its referring to a Davidic king such as Solomon. Did the Jews think Solomon was God? Even if they did call some kings, judges or might men 'elohim' (god)...it was never a big 'G' ('God) which identifies the one Absolute True God who is not a man. We note that some men were called 'god' (elohim) and as a king or messiah rules in God's stead,...he rules as a 'god'. The term 'elohim' can include men representing God or some role of authority as a 'lord'. Some common translations include -

Your Divine throne” - RSV

“Your throne is like God’s throne” - NEB

“God is your throne” - Byington

“The kingdom that God has given you” - GNB

“God has enthroned you” - REB

“Your throne is from God” - NJB

“Your throne is a throne of God” - NRSV (Alt.)

“Thy throne is the throne of God” - ASV (Alt.)

So you see, these indicate that king's or Messiah's throne is of God, meaning his authority is sourced and given by God. The king or Messiah represents God's authority, rule on earth.

:thumb: Hi Freelight, having read the first two links, I say, amen. Have not listened to the video yet, but I probably need not, for if he says pretty much the same things I likely already agree. However what the links show conclusively is that, once again, the context of the quotes taken from the Psalms, (and any other Tanach passages), are critical and must be consulted for us to truly begin to understand the meaning that was in the mind of the author(s) of whatever we read in the Apostolic New Covenant writings. :)

daqq

So, basically, water baptism is an adoption ceremony.

It may be symbolism but immersion is certainly not by physical water in my understanding. In fact, there are seven steps of immersion, (like seven dips, plunges, or "times" in the Yarden), and in the Codex Bezae version there are "seven steps" indicated at the final "immersion" of Peter when he was let out of "the prison of Herod", (the death of the flesh mindset by which Peter would glorify Elohim as foretold in the final episode of the Gospel of John, for he spread forth his hands between to chains but they "fell off" when "the flesh" was done away). Too bad those seven steps were removed from the Acts by the church fathers. I suppose they probably thought of it as "too Jewish". :chuckle:

RBBI

It may be symbolism but immersion is certainly not by physical water in my understanding. In fact, there are seven steps of immersion, (like seven dips, plunges, or "times" in the Yarden), and in the Codex Bezae version there are "seven steps" indicated at the final "immersion" of Peter when he was let out of "the prison of Herod", (the death of the flesh mindset by which Peter would glorify Elohim as foretold in the final episode of the Gospel of John, for he spread forth his hands between to chains but they "fell off" when "the flesh" was done away). Too bad those seven steps were removed from the Acts by the church fathers. I suppose they probably thought of it as "too Jewish". :chuckle:

What DIDN'T they think of as "too Jewish?"

beameup

Do you see the differences between the Son of God and the Son of Man?

The son of Man came down from above. The flesh son was born to Mary. The son of Man was in Jesus. That means the son of Man is the son at the creation. A spirit, like his creator. Only the Son of Man has seen God.

Hypostatic union: the combination of divine and human natures in the single person of Christ.
Yeshua was both fully human (from Mary) and fully Divine (from the Holy Spirit).
Sonship was at the conception.

The Son: "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist" [hold together]. - Colossians 1:15-17

Last edited:

RBBI

Ain't it the truth, lol....you have to literally nearly retranslate every line to restore it back to it's Jewish root of understanding. They did a thorough job of butchering it, didn't they?

keypurr

Hypostatic union: the combination of divine and human natures in the single person of Christ.
Yeshua was both fully human (from Mary) and fully Divine (from the Holy Spirit).
Sonship was at the conception.

I differ, only the flesh son was conceived.

The Son: "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist" [hold together]. - Colossians 1:15-17[/QUOTE]

The IMAGE of something is NOT the something. It is just the IMAGE of something. In other words, it is not the real subject. However God did make his exact IMAGE and was pleased that it had his fullness. Now consider that God is a spirit, so his exact image would also be a spirit not a man. That spirit had to become flesh in a body God could trust, A SINLESS BODY. The express image (Christ) came with power and knowledge and when this spirit entered Jesus it was then God declared him as his begotten son.

Jesus was not born as the Christ, he was born to become the Christ when he was anointed with Christ.

keypurr

Ain't it the truth, lol....you have to literally nearly retranslate every line to restore it back to it's Jewish root of understanding. They did a thorough job of butchering it, didn't they?

RBBI it is great to see you return to us.

Hope you are fine.

beameup

I differ, only the flesh son was conceived.

Comparing Scripture with Scripture:
For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. - Colossians 2:9
Now, there was a time when the Son did not have a permanent human body. Perhaps that is where the confusion comes in.
Wherefore when he [the Son] cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me - Hebrews 10:5
The "Son" made numerous appearances in the Old Testament - always in a "human form" that could eat and drink, talk and walk.

keypurr

Comparing Scripture with Scripture:
For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. - Colossians 2:9
Now, there was a time when the Son did not have a permanent human body. Perhaps that is where the confusion comes in.
Wherefore when he [the Son] cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me - Hebrews 10:5
The "Son" made numerous appearances in the Old Testament - always in a "human form" that could eat and drink, talk and walk.

That son was not Jesus. Jesus was born as a man.

The true son is a spirit like his Father.

daqq

Consider just this, which old familiar topic has already been pushed herein by the Trinitarians with the so-called great "I AM" statement from John 8:58. But what happens in the following accounts from Mark 13 and Luke 21 if we take a certain instance of ego eimi and render the actual statements for what they actually say in the negative manner in which the Master delivers them? He says "Many shall come in my name saying THAT I AM, and they shall deceive many." Is that not exactly what we see right here in this thread? and in a plethora of constant other threads whenever and wherever this topic is brought up? There are MANY running around IN THE NAME OF JESUS/YESHUA claiming that he is I AM, just as he said they would do. Could this be a hidden reason why the scholars do not render "hoti" in the following critical passages? Why does it always go untranslated in these two instances? Why is it always OMITTED from the words of the Master? Is it not then because if indeed they rendered the passages for what they truly say then the entire meaning of the statements would be reversed and their own three fingers would then be pointing right back at themselves?

Mark 13:6 Textus Receptus
6 πολλοι γαρ ελευσονται επι τω ονοματι μου λεγοντες
οτι εγω ειμι και πολλους πλανησουσιν

Luke 21:8 Textus Receptus
8 ο δε ειπε βλεπετε μη πλανηθητε πολλοι γαρ ελευσονται επι τω ονοματι μου λεγοντες
οτι εγω ειμι και ο καιρος ηγγικε μη ουν πορευθητε οπισω αυτων

"πολλοι γαρ ελευσονται επι τω ονοματι μου λεγοντες
οτι εγω ειμι και πολλους πλανησουσιν"
"For many shall come in my name saying
that I AM; and they shall deceive many."

See what has happened here? Omit G3754 ὅτι, (hoti, "that"), and insert commas at will, and suddenly, wallah!, this key of the kingdom is hidden from the eyes of the reader. They therefore do no differently than their own fathers, the Pharisees, Sadducs, and Scribes. At the same time they go about in the name of Yeshua proclaiming that he is I AM, and deceiving many, just as he said they would do. And if you do not agree with them and their "church fathers" then you must be a lost heretic on your way to hell. :chuckle:

beameup

The Second Person in the Godhead goes by many names and titles in the Old Testament. Basically, He is the "action" personage that often appeared to mankind upon the earth as a MAN.

To Joshua, in Joshua 5, He introduces himself as the captain of the LORD'S host:
"as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant? And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground. And Joshua did so."- Joshua 5:14-15

The Angel of the LORD
The "rider upon the clouds"
The "Word" of the LORD (spoken=action)
The Name, My Name, His Name, etc.
"behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven,
and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him" - Dan 7:13
Often in the O.T., He will not give his real name, which we now know to be Yeshua

RBBI

Consider just this, which old familiar topic has already been pushed herein by the Trinitarians with the so-called great "I AM" statement from John 8:58. But what happens in the following accounts from Mark 13 and Luke 21 if we take a certain instance of ego eimi and render the actual statements for what they actually say in the negative manner in which the Master delivers them? He says "Many shall come in my name saying THAT I AM, and they shall deceive many." Is that not exactly what we see right here in this thread? and in a plethora of constant other threads whenever and wherever this topic is brought up? There are MANY running around IN THE NAME OF JESUS/YESHUA claiming that he is I AM, just as he said they would do. Could this be a hidden reason why the scholars do not render "hoti" in the following critical passages? Why does it always go untranslated in these two instances? Why is it always OMITTED from the words of the Master? Is it not then because if indeed they rendered the passages for what they truly say then the entire meaning of the statements would be reversed and their own three fingers would then be pointing right back at themselves?

Mark 13:6 Textus Receptus
6 πολλοι γαρ ελευσονται επι τω ονοματι μου λεγοντες
οτι εγω ειμι και πολλους πλανησουσιν

Luke 21:8 Textus Receptus
8 ο δε ειπε βλεπετε μη πλανηθητε πολλοι γαρ ελευσονται επι τω ονοματι μου λεγοντες
οτι εγω ειμι και ο καιρος ηγγικε μη ουν πορευθητε οπισω αυτων

"πολλοι γαρ ελευσονται επι τω ονοματι μου λεγοντες
οτι εγω ειμι και πολλους πλανησουσιν"
"For many shall come in my name saying
that I AM; and they shall deceive many."

See what has happened here? Omit G3754 ὅτι, (hoti, "that"), and insert commas at will, and suddenly, wallah!, this key of the kingdom is hidden from the eyes of the reader. They therefore do no differently than their own fathers, the Pharisees, Sadducs, and Scribes. At the same time they go about in the name of Yeshua proclaiming that he is I AM, and deceiving many, just as he said they would do. And if you do not agree with them and their "church fathers" then you must be a lost heretic on your way to hell. :chuckle:

Exactly. I never understood why people don't listen to what He said. When He said there is none good but the Father, He was not talking about Himself being the Father, or He would have broken the law of witness.

The Seed Son came to show us the way to the Father, and He never wanted the flesh of Yeshua the man to be worshipped as deity, which is why He dodged them when they tried to make Him an earthly king.

We have the RCC to thank for that additional doctrine, because we can't have Mary being divine unless Yeshua is, and vice versa. But it's the sin of worshipping Nehushtan all over again, while they don't realize that the requirement for receiving the double portion is to see/perceive the FLESH OF HIM LEAVE, just as Elisha did. Which is why hereafter we'll not know Him after the flesh (man).

RBBI

Amen, yes He is. He is the Father's kind, ie. every tree bears fruit after it's own kind. The Father is a Spirit and according to the law of the seed the Son must also be a Spirit.

Notaclue

You haven't a clue whereof you speak.
All of these are fair and legitimate renderings:

Revelation 13:15 KJV
15 And he had power to give
life [pneuma] unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Revelation 13:15 YLT
15 and there was given to it to give
a spirit [pneuma] to the image of the beast, that also the image of the beast may speak, and that it may cause as many as shall not bow before the image of the beast, that they may be killed.

Revelation 13:15 ASV
15 And it was given unto him to give
breath [pneuma] to it, even to the image of the breast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as should not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

John 3:8 KJV
8 The
wind [pneuma] bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit [pneuma].

John 3:8 YLT
8 the
Spirit [pneuma] where he willeth doth blow, and his voice thou dost hear, but thou hast not known whence he cometh, and whither he goeth; thus is every one who hath been born of the Spirit [pneuma].'

Ignorance is bliss I suppose . . . :)

Hi dakk,

Maybe this will help?

Gen.7:21. And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both birds, and cattle, and beasts, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: 22all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, of all that was on the dry land, died.

breath of the spirit of life

Str Translit Hebrew English Morph
3605 [e] kōl כֹּ֡ל all Noun
834 [e] ’ă-šer אֲשֶׁר֩ that [had] Prt
5397 [e] niš-maṯ- נִשְׁמַת־ the breath Noun
7307 [e] rū-aḥ ר֨וּחַ of the spirit Noun
2416 [e] ḥay-yîm חַיִּ֜ים of life Adj
639 [e] bə-’ap-pāw, בְּאַפָּ֗יו in the nostrils Noun
3605 [e] mik-kōl מִכֹּ֛ל of all Noun
834 [e] ’ă-šer אֲשֶׁ֥ר that [was] Prt
2724 [e] be-ḥā-rā-ḇāh בֶּחָֽרָבָ֖ה in the dry [land] Noun
4191 [e] mê-ṯū. מֵֽתוּ׃ died Verb

Peace.

daqq

In addition to these several issues, as previously stated, the author makes it clear that the Prophets in the opening remarks are what he primarily means when the word for messengers is used, that is, αγγελος. But even though αγγελος is employed, and even though it is likely used so as to include all principalities and powers, (because they all fall under the headship of Messiah), still yet the primary meaning from the context is not "angels" in the sense of angelic beings but rather the messengers which are the Prophets. This is shown by way of the length of the opening statement. The way it is laid out in the original language shows that the entire first four or five verses are actually all one grand opening statement. This is evident in most English translations when the verse numbers are removed. Even in the most popular KJV, if we remove the verse numbering, we see that there is no period until the end of verse four:

Hebrews 1:1-4 KJV (without versification caps and verse numbering)
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

This is actually all one grand opening statement without a period until the end of verse four or possibly not even until the end of verse five. That means that in the same breath the author equates the Prophets with the messengers that he speaks of in the final line quoted above, (verse four). The statement therefore does not intend angels or angelic beings but rather the messengers in the sense of the Prophets; the same of whom the author previously spoke in the same breath. By rendering αγγελος here as "angels" the reader is immediately disconnected from the opening line and put into an incorrect mindset or frame of mind, that is, the mindset of dreams, and dream visions, and ethereal angelic beings which are the stuff of dreams and visions. It is subterfuge and obfuscation because the author speaks not of those things but rather of the Prophets. Otherwise where does the Father ever even speak to the angels in the commonly accepted version of the Christian canon? The Father does not ever speak to the angels except in other places, such as the book of Enoch, which is not accepted in the common Christian canon. Thus in the Christian canon the Father never even speaks to the angels to begin with so the statement of the author of Hebrews is without any impact and essentially made void because the style of Hebrew idiom in this teaching is disconnected and generally not even recognized. Even in the book of Daniel we never read of the Father actually speaking to either Michael or Gabriel. How then does the question from the author of Hebrews even have any bearing on anything? But if he speaks of the Prophets then we know what he means because the Father spoke many times and many ways to, in, and through the Prophets, for example, "And YHWH spoke unto Mosheh, saying", and so on and so on with most all of the other messengers, that is to say, the Prophets in this context.

Hebrews 1:1-5
[1] πολυμερως και πολυτροπως παλαι ο θεος λαλησας τοις πατρασιν εν τοις προφηταις επ εσχατου των ημερων τουτων ελαλησεν ημιν εν υιω [2] ον εθηκεν κληρονομον παντων δι ου και εποιησεν τους αιωνας [3] ος ων απαυγασμα της δοξης και χαρακτηρ της υποστασεως αυτου φερων | φανερων | τε τα παντα τω ρηματι της δυναμεως αυτου καθαρισμον των αμαρτιων ποιησαμενος εκαθισεν εν δεξια της μεγαλωσυνης εν υψηλοις [4] τοσουτω κρειττων γενομενος των αγγελων οσω διαφορωτερον παρ αυτους κεκληρονομηκεν ονομα [5] τινι γαρ ειπεν ποτε των αγγελων υιος μου ει συ εγω σημερον γεγεννηκα σε και παλιν εγω εσομαι αυτω εις πατερα και αυτος εσται μοι εις υιον.

Hebrews 1:1-5
Elohim, having spoken of old time in many portions and many ways to the fathers in the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us in a Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom He also acted out the ages; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His essence, bearing | manifesting | all things concerning the word of His power, and having made a cleansing of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; becoming so much better than the messenger-prophets, inasmuch as he has inherited a more excellent name than they: for unto which of the messenger-prophets said He ever, You are My Son, this day have I begotten you? and again, I shall be unto him for a Father, and he shall be unto Me for a Son?

By your previous statements it is clear that you have the incorrect understanding of prototokos here in this passage, and therefore, an inccorect overall understanding of both the passage and the verse within it which you have quoted. In fact EVERY English translation of Hebrews 1:6 is full of erroneous thinking and neither are there any commentaries which adequately understand the passage. Some translations even go so far as to translate "oikoumenen" as "the universe", (saying when God brought His prototokos-firstborn "into the universe", lol). Most so-called scholars in their own commentaries cannot even agree on why the word "palin", (anew-again), is employed in the text with some of them even suggesting that this passage speaks of the second advent of Meshiah instead of the first advent. It is, and they are, first and foremost the man Yisrael and all his offspring which are the prototokos-firstborn of Elohim according to the scripture:

Exodus 4:22 Restored Name KJV (Masoretic Text)
4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith YHWH, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

http://yahushua.net/scriptures/ex4.htm

Exodus 4:22 Brenton Septuagint Translation
22. And thou shalt say to Pharao, These things saith the Lord, Israel is my first-born.

http://biblehub.com/sep/exodus/4.htm

Exodus 4:22 Septuagint
4:22 συ δε ερεις τω φαραω ταδε λεγει κυριος υιος πρωτοτοκος μου ισραηλ

http://bibledatabase.net/html/septuagint/02_004.htm

Hebrews 1:6
1:6 ὅταν δὲ πάλιν εἰσαγάγῃ τὸν πρωτότοκον εἰς τὴν οἰκουμένην, λέγει Καὶ προσκυνησάτωσαν αὐτῷ πάντες ἄγγελοι θεοῦ.

http://biblehub.com/text/hebrews/1-6.htm

Hebrews 1:6 TUA (Transliterated Unaccented Bible)
6. Hotan de palin eisagage ton prototokon eis ten oikoumenen, legei, "Kai proskunesatosan auto pantes angeloi Theou."

Hebrews 1:6 Vertical Strong's Numbers with Short Definitions
|3752| hotan - when
|1161| de - and/but/moreover
|3825| palin - anew, (by repetition) - again
|1521| eisago - to lead - [eisagage] - he brings
|3588| ho - definite article - [ton] - the
|4416| prototokos - firstborn - [prototokon] - firstborn
|1519| eis - to/for/in/into
|3588| ho - definite article - [ten] - the
|3625| oikoumene - habitable land -or- habitable world - [oikoumenen] - land
|3004| lego - to say - [legei] - He says,
|2532| kai - and
|4352| proskuneo - to bow - do obeisance - [proskunesatosan] - let bow unto
|0846| autos - he/she/they/them - [auto] - him
|3956| pas - all - [pantes] - all of the
|0032| aggelos - messenger/angel/prophet/preacher - [angeloi] - messengers
|2316| Theos - [Theou] - Elohim - God

The translators have basically two choices when it comes to the meaning of oikoumene. I only quote the Original Strong's Definition here because it is short and there is no need to post everything available about it just to understand the meaning of the word. In fact the first implied meaning is not "world", (as in kosmos) but rather LAND as in habitable land, territory, or an empire.

Original Strong's Ref. #3625
Romanized oikoumene
Pronounced oy-kou-men'-ay
feminine participle present passive of GSN3611 (as noun, by implication of GSN1093); land, i.e. the (terrene part of the) globe; specifically, the Roman empire:
KJV--earth, world.

So how do I know my understanding of Hebrews 1:6 is the correct one? Do not let all of the Greek and definitions take away from the fact that these things, just as most everything Scripture, come directly from the text and its surrounding context. The quote from Hebrews 1:6 just so happens to have been omitted from the Masoretic Text but is plain as day in the Septuagint. So we read it from an English rendering of the Septuagint and hopefully, from this simple and straightforward reading, the true meaning of what Hebrews 1:6 states will become clear as daylight:

MESHIAH IS THE RIGHT HAND OF YHWH ELOHIM:

Deuteronomy 32:39-52
39. Behold, behold that I am He, and there is no god beside Me:
I kill, and I will make to live: I will smite, and I will heal; and there is none who shall deliver out of My hands.
40. For I will lift up My hand to the heavens, and swear by My right hand, and I will say, I live for ever.
41. For I will sharpen My sword like lightning, and My hand shall take hold of judgment; and I will render judgment to My enemies, and will recompense them that hate Me.
42. I will make My weapons drunk with blood, and My sword shall devour flesh, it shall glut itself with the blood of the wounded, and from the captivity of the heads of their enemies that rule over them:
43. Rejoice, you heavens, with him,
[His Right Hand - the Sword - the Prototokos - Yisrael - Heb 1:6] and let all the messengers of Elohim do obeisance [bow] unto him; [the Prototokos Yisrael - Heb 1:6] rejoice you Gentiles with his people, and let all the sons of Elohim strengthen themselves in him; [the Right Hand of YHWH] for he will avenge the blood of the sons thereof, and he will render vengeance, and recompense justice to his enemies, and will reward them that hate him; and YHWH shall purge-atone the land of his people.
44. And Moshe wrote this song in that day, and taught it to the sons of Yisrael; and Moshe went in and spoke all the words of this Torah in the ears of the people, he and Yeshua the son of Nun.
45. And Moshe finished speaking to all Yisrael.
46. And he said to them, Take heed with your heart to all these words, which I testify to you this day, which you shall command your sons, to observe and do all the words of this Torah.
47. For this is no vain word to you; for it is your life, and because of this word you shall live long upon the land, into which you go over Yarden to inherit it.
48. And YHWH spoke to Moshe in this day, saying:
49. Go up to the mount Abarim, this mountain Nebo which is in the land of Moab over against Yericho, and behold the land of Chanaan, which I give to the sons of Yisrael:
50. And die in the mount whither you ascend up, and be added to your people; as Ahron your brother died in mount Hor and was added to his people:
51. Because you disobeyed My word among the sons of Yisrael at the waters of strife of Cades, in the wilderness of Sin; because you sanctified Me not among the sons of Yisrael.
52. You shall see the land before you, but you shall not enter into it.

This is the day wherein YHWH begins to reveal that His Son, His Sword, His Word, is His right hand, His right arm, His suffering servant who is to come: whom He will lift up and highly exalt at Golgotha, and swear that He, YHWH, the Father, lives forever, (and therefore obviously His Son lives forever). Meshiah is likewise the Avenger of YHWH, the Sword of YHWH, the right arm or "shoulder", (which is the best portion of the sacrificial offerings), he is the right hand, which is why he sat down at the right hand of the Father when he was resurrected. This is also the day wherein Moshe was commanded to go up into mount Nebo of the Abarim, the crossing place, and die. Therefore it is the fortieth year of the wilderness sojourn of the sons of Yisrael. After mourning the death of Moshe they would indeed be led, brought back, anew-again into the Land just as Hebrews 1:6 states. That is why "palin" is found in Hebrews 1:6, because Yisrael is the prototokos-firstborn, and it was at this time that the sojourn in Egypt and the forty years in the desert were over. They we about to be brought anew-again-παλιν into the οικουμενην-habitable Land of Yisrael. The only true "habitable land" is the one that counts in the eyes of YHWH; and that is always the Land of Yisrael throughout all of holy writ.

Hebrews 1:6b
Καὶ προσκυνησάτωσαν αὐτῷ πάντες ἄγγελοι θεοῦ

Deuteronomy 32:43b
καὶ προσκυνησάτωσαν αὐτῷ πάντες ἄγγελοι Θεοῦ

6 ὅταν δὲ πάλιν εἰσαγάγῃ τὸν πρωτότοκον εἰς τὴν οἰκουμένην, λέγει Καὶ προσκυνησάτωσαν αὐτῷ πάντες ἄγγελοι θεοῦ.

6 Moreover when He leads the prototokos-firstborn, (Yisrael), anew-again into the Land, (of the Promise), He says, "And let all the messengers of Elohim do obeisance unto him."

Therefore also προσκυνεω, "worship", does not mean here what Christianity would prefer it to mean; otherwise Moshe would have been commanding both the αγγελοι-messengers and the people to worship Yisrael as Elohim Most High. It is rather to do obeisance, to bow to, like bowing before a king, like bowing to king David or one of the other kings of Yhudah or Yisrael, to do honor, to respect, as all the Prophets do when the speak the WORD of YHWH by His Spirit. Every single English translation of Hebrews 1:6 is corrupted with the doctrines and vain imaginations of carnal men. If they had a fifty-fifty chance with οἰκουμένην and still guessed wrong despite the known quote coming word for word directly from the Septuagint, (which most already outright reject simply because of their dogma), then certainly none of them are lead by the Holy Spirit of our heavenly Father because the context involved herein Testifies against them.

Hebrews 1:1-9
[1] Elohim, having spoken of old time in many portions and many ways to the fathers in the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us in a Son,
[2] whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom He also acted out the ages;
[3] who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His essence, bearing | manifesting | all things concerning the word of His power, and having made a cleansing of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
[4] becoming so much better than the messenger-prophets, inasmuch as he has inherited a more excellent name than they:
[5] for unto which of the messenger-prophets said He ever, You are My Son, this day have I begotten you? and again, I shall be unto him for a Father, and he shall be unto Me for a Son?
[6] Moreover when He leads the prototokos-firstborn,
(Yisrael), again into the Land, (of Yisrael), He says, And let all the messenger-prophets of Elohim bow unto him.
[7] And surely of the messengers it says, Who makes His messengers spirits and his ministers a flame of fire
[Psalm 104:4].
[8] But to the Son, Your throne, Elohim, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of your kingdom:
[9] You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore your Elohim has anointed you Elohim, with olive-oil of gladness among your fellow partakers
[Psalm 45:6-7, cf. Isaiah 45:3 "Elohey Yisrael", ("εγω κυριος ο θεος ο καλων το ονομα σου θεος ισραηλ")].

daqq

Hi dakk,

Maybe this will help?

Gen.7:21. And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both birds, and cattle, and beasts, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: 22all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, of all that was on the dry land, died.

breath of the spirit of life

Str Translit Hebrew English Morph
3605 [e] kōl כֹּ֡ל all Noun
834 [e] ’ă-šer אֲשֶׁר֩ that [had] Prt
5397 [e] niš-maṯ- נִשְׁמַת־ the breath Noun
7307 [e] rū-aḥ ר֨וּחַ of the spirit Noun
2416 [e] ḥay-yîm חַיִּ֜ים of life Adj
639 [e] bə-’ap-pāw, בְּאַפָּ֗יו in the nostrils Noun
3605 [e] mik-kōl מִכֹּ֛ל of all Noun
834 [e] ’ă-šer אֲשֶׁ֥ר that [was] Prt
2724 [e] be-ḥā-rā-ḇāh בֶּחָֽרָבָ֖ה in the dry [land] Noun
4191 [e] mê-ṯū. מֵֽתוּ׃ died Verb

Peace.

Yes, same name, :)

But as for the passage not sure I fully trust it, (though I do appreciate you posting it), but at any rate those who rendered the LXX did not see it that way as pneuma is not found in the most reliable texts:

Genesis 7:22 LXX
22 και παντα οσα εχει πνοην ζωης και πας ος ην επι της ξηρας απεθανεν

"πνοην ζωης" (pnoen zoes) ~ "breath of life"

Doesn't really matter though imo because the point was to "Beameup" that pneuma may be rendered, (according to context), in all the ways that have already been shown. And in addition to that Yeshua clearly says that his words are pneuma. An even broader point one should also take into consideration is that not every time we read pneuma or a form thereof does it always necessarily denote some kind of entity. Our words are spirit also and they can enter into the ears and even the eyes of others, (through reading and writing), either for the good or for the evil. This is producing fruit in the kingdom of Elohim. Unfortunately the carnal man always brings forth a son of perdition first, (Esau-man), which vessel of a spirit is set for destruction; then comes the good son, (because testimony is spirit). But how can one get to that point in a discussion with a mocker and scoffer? :)

Zeke

Do you see the differences between the Son of God and the Son of Man?

The son of Man came down from above. The flesh son was born to Mary. The son of Man was in Jesus. That means the son of Man is the son at the creation. A spirit, like his creator. Only the Son of Man has seen God.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Disagree, Mary was a similitude to Sara that represented the Jerusalem above, Galatians 4:22-28, Matt 11:11 also puts the virgin birth of Jesus/Joshua into its proper place which is within Luke 17:20-21, through the little stone Gen 32:30.

When you try and make history out of them you get divisions that are observable, and keeps the dualism of this world alive and well, Jew and Gentile, Cain and Able, Saul and David, etc...