This Black WAS abused by cops.. Sandra Bland

GFR7

some defend the cops NO MATTER WHAT!

sick of that

There is no reason this should have happened... none at all. The cop was a big WIMP... couldn't handle someone being "disrespectful" (as he interpreted it?)

What is he, a god? that no one should question him or refrain from kissing his posterior...

Please

This is supposed to be America!!!!!!!!!

not Russia or China or Iran

+++
I absolutely agree, sister. :BRAVO: I know you are conservative, so your words are not just idle partisan drivel.

I will defend a cop when he is in the right, every time. But when wrong, I will not go in for making excuses. Right, this is America: Let's act like it is, and not a fascist state.

republicanchick

I absolutely agree, sister. :BRAVO: I know you are conservative, so your words are not just idle partisan drivel.

I will defend a cop when he is in the right, every time. But when wrong, I will not go in for making excuses. Right, this is America: Let's act like it is, and not a fascist state.

thanks for the affirmations... SOOO rare here.. But anyhow

What are your thoughts on Kate's Law. and defunding sanctuary cities?

GFR7

Beats me, you tell me why you made it up. Your words:
Those are NOT my words. They are someone being quoted. (MY ERROR FOR PROVIDING TITLE/SNIPPET BUT FORGETTING THE LINK) :idunno:

She DID kick him. But he assaulted and threatened her first. In the transcript later, he actually seemed sorry- again, to his credit.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I fully agree that she had an attitude problem

Ya think?

(although I do too, when I'm in a bad mood or someone provokes me).

Like her, how you react is your responsibility.

I just think he could have countered it. For example , when she said (truthfully) that it was her car and she could continue smoking, he could have said sighed and continued on, (business was wrapped up at this point)

Oh, I forgot that you have years of experience as a law enforcement officer.

You still don't get it. Every time a cop pulls someone over, he/she doesn't know if they will live to go home to their family. Simply putting out the cigarette and signing the ticket would have sent her on her merry way. The request was not unreasonable. She was.

GFR7

thanks for the affirmations... SOOO rare here.. But anyhow

What are your thoughts on Kate's Law. and defunding sanctuary cities?
:cheers:

To be truthful, I am not sure if it isn't simply misguided. I can't say how I feel because for me, and in my area, immigration is a non-issue. I have spent very little time thinking about it. I would need to read more to speak with any confidence.

republicanchick

:cheers:

To be truthful, I am not sure if it isn't simply misguided. I can't say how I feel because for me, and in my area, immigration is a non-issue. I have spent very little time thinking about it. I would need to read more to speak with any confidence.

it says that if a convicted-felon illegal enters the country, he automatically gets 5 yrs prison

next time he re-enters, 10 yrs

next time, 20, and etc..

++

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Those are NOT my words. They are someone being quoted. (MY ERROR FOR PROVIDING TITLE/SNIPPET BUT FORGETTING THE LINK) :idunno:

She DID kick him. But he assaulted and threatened her first. In the transcript later, he actually seemed sorry- again, to his credit.

You also didnt put it in quotes, how am i suppose to know you are quoting someone else when you dont say so, or diffrientiate your opinion after you cite someone else from their words?

GFR7

You also didnt put it in quotes, how am i suppose to know you are quoting someone else when you dont say so, or diffrientiate your opinion after you cite someone else from their words?
My bad. I did put a title, but yes, it was sloppy and a mess. Apologies.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You still don't get it. Every time a cop pulls someone over, he/she doesn't know if they will live to go home to their family. Simply putting out the cigarette and signing the ticket would have sent her on her merry way. The request was not unreasonable. She was.

Not unreasonable at all.

1) maybe he didnt want to have smoke blown on him while he was explaining the warning
2) maybe with her bad attitude he assumed she might toss the cigarette at him or burn him with it

3) if he was just out to get her, he wouldn't have given a warning, he would have given a citation, which he certainly could give.

Face it, she performed the "arrest me" dance basically. Attitude, belligerence.

GFR7

it says that if a convicted-felon illegal enters the country, he automatically gets 5 yrs prison

next time he re-enters, 10 yrs

next time, 20, and etc..

++
Well, I think he should simply be thrown out the first time. 2 years prison the second offense, and then deported. I am not big on lengthy prison sentences. And you? :think:

republicanchick

Well, I think he should simply be thrown out the first time. 2 years prison the second offense, and then deported. I am not big on lengthy prison sentences. And you? :think:

no, the law addresses DEPORTEd illegals who re-enter

I am big on "lengthy" sentences like 5yrs (first time re-entering) b/c that is what appears to be needed...

these illegals are running rough shod over our laws, our bodies... our finances...

GFR7

Not unreasonable at all.

1) maybe he didnt want to have smoke blown on him while he was explaining the warning
2) maybe with her bad attitude he assumed she might toss the cigarette at him or burn him with it

3) if he was just out to get her, he wouldn't have given a warning, he would have given a citation, which he certainly could give.

I didn't find her over-the-top rude at all. He asked her to put out the cigarette, and she declined, and gave a truthful reason for doing so. She was very soft, very low-key.

Geez, "arrest-me dance?" . Wow, HE was the one who said, "step out" and she had a constitutional right to decline. It was a traffic stop, for crying out loud. I think we really are a fascist state now.

GFR7

no, the law addresses DEPORTEd illegals who re-enter

I am big on "lengthy" sentences like 5yrs (first time re-entering) b/c that is what appears to be needed...

these illegals are running rough shod over our laws, our bodies... our finances...
Oh, they were ALREADY DEPORTED? Ok, they should know better than to return. Not very bright. :idunno:

republicanchick

Oh, they were ALREADY DEPORTED? Ok, they should know better than to return. Not very bright. :idunno:

but you know... all this makes me think (uh oh:D)

we need to know more about Mexico... What the devil is going on down there... that is SOO bad people do all kinds of whacky stuff to be able to leave..

GFR7

but you know... all this makes me think (uh oh:D)
:mock:

we need to know more about Mexico... What the devil is going on down there... that is SOO bad people do all kinds of whacky stuff to be able to leave..
It's true; they flee here from desperation. Mexico is a wild and violent country. Of course, we can't give sanctuary to everyone.....

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I didn't find her over-the-top rude at all. He asked her to put out the cigarette, and she declined, and gave a truthful reason for doing so. She was very soft, very low-key.

Geez, "arrest-me dance?" . Wow, HE was the one who said, "step out" and she had a constitutional right to decline. It was a traffic stop, for crying out loud. I think we really are a fascist state now.

False, the supreme court has already upheld that an officer has the right to ask someone to step out of the car and they have to comply.

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/434/106/case.html

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i didn't know smoking was against the law?

or is it now considered a traffic infraction in some states?

Do you even attempt to *think* PRIOR to responding. As has been stated by myself and others:

Not unreasonable at all.

RC, I know you love to create as many threads as humanly possible, but seriously, your response is what I would expect from a snot-nosed teenager.