This Black WAS abused by cops.. Sandra Bland

Alate_One

I am seeing a trend of "it's always the fault of the cops ... especially if the suspect is black".

All she had to do was put the cigarette out and allow the officer to hand her the warning. :hammer:

Oh ... and then there is the whole "no one told her to commit suicide" part of the scenario.

It's not "always the fault of the cops" if the suspect is black. The problem is, when the suspect is black there's a higher tendency of many cops to escalate situations in ways that can turn deadly.

Is it always solely the cop's fault? No. But the ingrained racism in the police system tends to move the reaction curve of the average officer when the person involved is black. It's almost never conscious. It's due to the culture, both police and broader.

Would he have asked her to put out her cigarette if she were white? Would he have pulled her out of the car if she were white when she refused? Little changes that might have changed the outcome of the incident.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That's very, very fascist.

You may not like the law, but its lawful during a traffic stop where an offense has been committed, for an officer to ask someone to step out of the car.

Her right to refuse would only apply if no offense had occurred. (she was guilty of a traffic offense, she was not pulled over arbitrarily and it wasnt a routine check point)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Boy, life was different in the 1970s. Smoking was not something that roused any suspicion whatsoever then.

Are you competing with RC for "stupidest response on the forum"?

How very dishonest of you to suggest she was initially pulled over for being a smoker.

GFR7

You may not like the law, but its lawful during a traffic stop where an offense has been committed, for an officer to ask someone to step out of the car.

Her right to refuse would only apply if no offense had occurred. (she was guilty of a traffic offense, she was not pulled over arbitrarily and it wasnt a routine check point)
That really puts citizens at a disadvantage. Of course, America stopped being a democracy a long time ago....We need a major overhaul and reform movement. It will happen, but likely after I'm dead....

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It's not "always the fault of the cops" if the suspect is black. The problem is, when the suspect is black there's a higher tendency of many cops to escalate situations in ways that can turn deadly.

I disagree. Its more like when the suspect is black, there is more of a tendency for you to hear about issues occuring, (you dont see these on the news when they are white) and more often when one is black, they decide to come off with an attitude toward the police because of what the media and exteme leftists have done which escalates the situation, exponentially.

GFR7

Are you competing with RC for "stupidest response on the forum"?

How very dishonest of you to suggest she was initially pulled over for being a smoker.
No, dummy, she was dragged out of her car and had her head bashed into the pavement for expressing her right to continue to smoke in her own car.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No, dummy, she was dragged out of her car and had her head bashed into the pavement for expressing her right to continue to smoke in her own car.

False, she was dragged out for refusing to step out. When she refused to step out, she was right then guilty of resisting.

Alate_One

I disagree. Its more like when the suspect is black, there is more of a tendency for you to hear about issues occuring, (you dont see these on the news when they are white) and more often when one is black, they decide to come off with an attitude toward the police because of what the media and exteme leftists have done which escalates the situation, exponentially.

I've seen too many videos where black people have no attitude at all and are still abused by cops. And I've seen plenty more videos with white people with "attitudes" that are treated fairly.

I'm sure there are people out looking for a fight of a variety of skin tones. But it's not attitude that explains the disparity, and let's be clear there is a disparity.

See this story- warning there is some course language

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I've seen too many videos where black people have no attitude at all and are still abused by cops. And I've seen plenty more videos with white people with "attitudes" that are treated fairly.

I'm sure there are people out looking for a fight of a variety of skin tones. But it's not attitude that explains the disparity, and let's be clear there is a disparity.

See this story- warning there is some course language

I disagree there is a disparity.

GFR7

False, she was dragged out for refusing to step out. When she refused to step out, she was right then guilty of resisting.
And here we have crossed over into a police state. Not the democracy of my youth any more..... :nono:

One thing I will say: While blacks ARE indeed often treated shabbily by police, which is deplorable, I DO believe her being involved with the Black Live Matter movement may have done her a disservice:

She may have been thinking, "I'm an activist, I can't be a wimp, I gotta know my rights" and this may have in fact set her up for this nightmare.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
doesn't only God know a person's heart? Why all this calling people Racist when only God knows... but anyway...

Again, a lot of cops are against EVERYONE, not just Blacks...

Evil men have racial prejudice (Esth. 3:5–15 [if it's anti-Semitism--that's Satanic]). The Christian has no reason to hate others due to skin color (Ac 17:26).

Belief in Darwinism :dizzy: (On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life) can lead to racism. When someone states that they are not a racist, I take them at their word. :plain:

See:

Darwin’s Plantation: Evolution’s Racist Roots by Dr. Charles Ware, and Ken Ham

Barbie

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
And here we have crossed over into a police state. Not the democracy of my youth any more..... :nono:

One thing I will say: While blacks ARE indeed often treated shabbily by police, which is deplorable, I DO believe her being involved with the Black Live Matter movement may have done her a disservice:

She may have been thinking, "I'm an activist, I can't be a wimp, I gotta know my rights" and this may have in fact set her up for this nightmare.

She wasnt targetted, if she had been, he would have written her a ticket, not issued a warning.

Second, if she just complied we wouldn't even be hearing about it.

Non- compliance always seems to be the root of these things. Comply, then later sue them if something was done wrong. Easy.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Would he have asked her to put out her cigarette if she were white? Would he have pulled her out of the car if she were white when she refused? Little changes that might have changed the outcome of the incident.

Well, I can only respond as a white person ... that IF I were a cop, I wouldn't want to reach into a car where someone was holding a cigarette, nail file, steaming hot cup of coffee, had a dog in the car, etc.

Do I agree that some cops do racial profiling? Certainly. Just not in this case.

IF we are going to go that route, perhaps she responded as she did because the cop was a white male.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

How dare you confuse him with the facts! For shame.

GFR7

Another example of our new police state, which was unthinkable 35 years ago: I don't like your tone, so I will slam you to the ground and beat you!!!

Cops sits on pregnant woman's belly, beats her until she miscarries

A new lawsuit, filed by a Georgia woman, claims that Albany police officers beat her so badly, and sat on her noticeably pregnant belly that it caused her to have a miscarriage.

Lawyers for Kenya Harris filed the case in federal court recently, according to Courthouse News. Harris explained that the incident happened when she went to the Albany Police Department back in May of 2011. She was there to pick up her son – a minor – after he had been arrested.

After waiting five hours for her son, Harris told Officer Ryan Jenkins that it had been an extremely long time, and she needed to return home soon to take care of her other children.

Defendant Officer Jenkins stated that he did not appreciate the tone in which she was communicating with him, and further stated that if she continued he would take her head and ‘put it to the floor,’” Harris charged in the lawsuit.

She reiterated that she needed to take care of her other children. That’s when Officer Jenkins made good on his threats and decided to use force against the obviously pregnant woman.

“Defendant Officer Jenkins, without provocation, grabbed plaintiff, who weighs less than one hundred twenty (120) pounds, by her neck and slammed her to the ground,” the lawsuit explained.

“Plaintiff momentarily blacked out and came to with defendant Officer Jenkins sitting on her back, and with his knee on her arm. Plaintiff was pregnant at the time.

“Defendant Officer Jenkins put handcuffs on plaintiff and slammed her against the wall. Plaintiff was placed into an interrogation room after she was beaten and handcuffed.”

In utter agony, Harris begged for medical attention, but every officer she spoke to refused her request.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/02/cop-sits-on-pregnant-womans-belly/

THEY KILLED HER INFANT.

GFR7

How dare you confuse him with the facts! For shame.
The facts are even worse:
She made the reasonable remark that she was entitled to smoke in her own car.

His response: To tell her to step out, and then threaten to "light her up" if she did not. He sounds like a rapist .

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The facts are even worse:
She made the reasonable remark that she was entitled to smoke in her own car.

Which had nothing to do with ... anything. He didn't say "you can never smoke in your car" but merely asked her to put the cigarette out UNTIL he was done with her warning ticket.

His response: To tell her to step out, and then threaten to "light her up" if she did not. He sounds like a rapist .

Only to someone who would compare rape to a warning ticket ...