These are NOT the same gospel

musterion

I believe that if you abandon faith in YHWH to have faith in another god then you ain't gonna make through the pearly gates.
There are no gates to the heavenlies where the saved are already seated in Christ. Please don't use the corrupt traditions and terminology of the lost Catholic church.

glorydaz

Could well be. Main thing I go by us that Peter and the Kingdom apostles vanish from the Acts record we'll before Luke ends it. There's a good reason for that.

Also, the addressees of Peter's letters and the way he mentions gentiles as a third party is a big tell.
Yep, I especially like this one.

1 Peter 2:12
Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

glorydaz

I'm thinking Acts 9, either the moment Paul converted, or particularly when Ananias #2 laid hands on Paul.
That's certainly when Paul got saved, but I'm wondering when, exactly, he received the revelation about being saved by grace through faith without works.

musterion

Galatians 1 ESV
(8) But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach TO YOU a gospel contrary to the one we preached TO YOU, let him be accursed.

Did Peter, John, and James preach another gospel?

Yes, they did.

If so, they should be accursed for it.

No.

Note the bold red added above, please.

Paul said if anyone preached another gospel to the Galatians (and by extension, all gentiles who were his God-given ministry), that person would indeed be accursed.

But that automatically excludes the Kingdom apostles.

Why?

The agreement of Gal ch. 2.

They couldn't, wouldn't, and never did go afield preaching to gentiles, so Paul isn't referring to them or to the Kingdom gospel.

Last edited:

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Yu actually think no one has lost faith in YHWH?
And if we are already in heaven right now, then what does it mean to 'lose' faith? I suppose it might even mean that 'your body' disbelieves, but that doesn't mean that 'the real you' who's actually literally in heaven right now, doesn't fervently believe in heaven since that's where you are.

Your body could morally speaking 'go to pot', that's not going to affect the reality that you're in heaven, right now. You "have" eternal life, not "will have".

But the Scripture doesn't suggest let alone teach that we accomplish a successful Christian life without paying attention to your morals. As far as I'm concerned Paul says that's because it 'reminds' you that you're in heaven. That's how you 'get used to' being in heaven, is you focus on your morals, like Paul pretty clearly does in many of his letters.

Peter does the same thing.

glorydaz

And if we are already in heaven right now, then what does it mean to 'lose' faith? I suppose it might even mean that 'your body' disbelieves, but that doesn't mean that 'the real you' who's actually literally in heaven right now, doesn't fervently believe in heaven since that's where you are.

Your body could morally speaking 'go to pot', that's not going to affect the reality that you're in heaven, right now. You "have" eternal life, not "will have".

Right you are.

Romans 5:11
And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

But the Scripture doesn't suggest let alone teach that we accomplish a successful Christian life without paying attention to your morals. As far as I'm concerned Paul says that's because it 'reminds' you that you're in heaven. That's how you 'get used to' being in heaven, is you focus on your morals, like Paul pretty clearly does in many of his letters.

Peter does the same thing.

When I start focusing on my morals, I start trying to fix them myself, and that has never worked. It's only when I give it to the Lord that the Spirit starts producing HIS fruit in my life. Yes, we certainly might notice, but if we're honest we can be sure it wasn't through our own efforts that the fruit came.

glorydaz

God's dealings with Israel as His special nation. Everything else follows from that, including (specific to this discussion) the gospel of the Kingdom.
Indeed, they'll have to wait for their Kingdom until the fulness of the Genties be come in.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Idolater

When I start focusing on my morals, I start trying to fix them myself, and that has never worked. It's only when I give it to the Lord that the Spirit starts producing HIS fruit in my life. Yes, we certainly might notice, but if we're honest we can be sure it wasn't through our own efforts that the fruit came.
I have one moral when it comes to my faith, and it's go to Mass. Get yourself into full communion, understand how to do it, and then start receiving Communion, and then cultivate your full communion, and that's done by going to Mass, and go to the confessional if you believe you've committed a mortal sin, which is when you voluntarily commit a grave sin, and as you can see, this gets into morals, but it's about the process and it's about the doctrine, and it's especially about knowing, that this is what Jesus wants you to be doing, He was the One Who started this whole thing. Go to Mass. Think of "things above".

glorydaz

I have one moral when it comes to my faith, and it's go to Mass. Get yourself into full communion, understand how to do it, and then start receiving Communion, and then cultivate your full communion, and that's done by going to Mass, and go to the confessional if you believe you've committed a mortal sin, which is when you voluntarily commit a grave sin, and as you can see, this gets into morals, but it's about the process and it's about the doctrine, and it's especially about knowing, that this is what Jesus wants you to be doing, He was the One Who started this whole thing. Go to Mass. Think of "things above".
Sorry, I went the mass route and never once heard the Gospel of Grace.

Grace believers aren't required to confess our sins. Instead we confess the Lord Jesus Christ.

Notice the conditions....

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Matthew 6:14-15

We are already forgiven. There are no conditions on the free gift of salvation.

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
Ephesians 4:32

Idolater

God's dealings with Israel as His special nation. Everything else follows from that, including (specific to this discussion) the gospel of the Kingdom.
Is the Gospel of the Kingdom New Covenant, or Old?

glorydaz

And in the meantime those Kingdom saints were warned to persevere/remain faithful/not fall away.
Yes, they most certainly were. That's a big difference right there. No one wants to admit it?

In fact, there will come a day when Israel will finally call upon the Lord. I just ran across this verse, and it warms my heart.

Jeremiah 36 "I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it. Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; "