These are NOT the same gospel

Right Divider

Body part
So you think someone can not have believing faith and get eternal life?
So you think that someone can continually teeter totter between eternal life and not eternal life?

Pretty strange doctrine.
Jesus says one can believe for a while and then stop believing, so yeah, I'll got with Jesus on that one.
He did not say that about those that had passed from death to life.

glorydaz

So you think that someone can continually teeter totter between eternal life and not eternal life?

Pretty strange doctrine.

He did not say that about those that had passed from death to life.
And the really sad part is that churches all across this nation are preaching this same works for salvation message that was preached to the Jews. No wonder there is a great falling away as the day draws near.
The enemy has got to be proud.

Derf

No, but you and Tam seem to make a perfect couple.
Neither of you has any idea what it takes to be saved.
Yet you think there are multiple ways to achieve eternal life.
Of course there are two paths to eternal life. Even more, I'd say.
John 14:6 (KJV)
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If we can't agree on that, there's no point in arguing over same or different gospels.

glorydaz

Yet you think there are multiple ways to achieve eternal life.

John 14:6 (KJV)
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If we can't agree on that, there's no point in arguing over same or different gospels.
I didn't say there was more than one name by which one can receive eternal life.

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

I said paths.

You are such a word master, why do you always assume facts not in evidence?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No one will be assured of eternal life if they switch from have believing faith in Christ to having believing faith in another.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Pretty strange doctrine.
I believe one can most certainly teeter totter between believing faith in Christ and believing faith in another.
If one dies after they switch from believing faith in Christ to another, they will be judged as one without believing faith in Christ.
There aren't gonna be any unbelievers in the new heaven and new earth.

glorydaz

I believe one can most certainly teeter totter between believing faith in Christ and believing faith in another.
If one dies after they switch from believing faith in Christ to another, they will be judged as one without believing faith in Christ.
I can see why some doubt you are Tambora. Either I was wrong about you before, or you are someone else entirely.
Perhaps you've always believed this garbage.
Perhaps your faith has never been in Christ's work on the cross.
Perhaps you've always trusted in yourself for your salvation.

Whatever, this is not a good place for you to be.

Right Divider

Body part
So when Jesus said that someone HAS (hath) eternal life... it's not really eternal?

What does ETERNAL even mean then?

Right Divider

Body part
Genesis 17:1-6 ESV
(1) When Abram was ninety-nine years old the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless,
(2) that I may make my covenant between me and you, and may multiply you greatly.”
(3) Then Abram fell on his face. And God said to him,
(4) “Behold, my covenant is with you, and you shall be the father of a multitude of nations.
(5) No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham, for I have made you the father of a multitude of nations.
(6) I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make you into nations, and kings shall come from you.
That must be taken without forgetting this:
Gen 12:1-3 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:1) Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: (12:2) And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: (12:3) And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
The "a great nation" is Israel.

Abram/Abraham is the father of BOTH many nations and a great nation.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So when Jesus said that someone HAS (hath) eternal life... it's not really eternal?

What does ETERNAL even mean then?
So when one switches from having believing faith in Christ for believing faith in Satan they are going to be in the new heaven and new earth anyway?
What does believing faith IN CHRIST mean then?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You keep ignoring the phrase HAS ETERNAL LIFE as if it's meaningless and then going off on your silly hypotheticals.
You keep ignoring whether one that switches from believing faith in Christ to Satan will end up in the new heaven and new earth.

Saved unto eternal life.
John 17:3 ESV
And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

Right Divider

Body part
You keep ignoring whether one that switches from believing faith in Christ to Satan will end up in the new heaven and new earth.
So they can have eternal life that is not really eternal?
Again, your hypotheticals don't prove a thing.
John 17:3 ESV
And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
John 5:24 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:24) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.