These are NOT the same gospel

glorydaz

Peter was filled with the Holy Spirit.
Do you really believe the Spirit would lead Peter to say that the cross and resurrection were not sufficient but needed man's works of the law to make it sufficient????

You're assuming a lot, once again.
Do you have any scripture that supports Peter teaching the sufficiency of the cross without the law?
I'd love to see it.

glorydaz

We know Peter had several weak moments.
Paul had weak moments too.
Didn't stop Jesus from continuing to use both of them to reach the world of the good news.
Peter's good news was not the same as Paul's.
Peter's good news was for the Jews......that Jesus would sit on the throne of David when He returned in Glory.
In fact, they all expected that to happen soon.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're assuming a lot, once again.
Do you have any scripture that supports Peter teaching the sufficiency of the cross without the law?
I'd love to see it.
I'd love to see you show where Peter says works of the law were needed to complete the sufficiency of the cross.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Peter's good news was not the same as Paul's.
Peter's good news was for the Jews......that Jesus would sit on the throne of David when He returned in Glory.
In fact, they all expected that to happen soon.
You're confusing what Peter expected to happen before and after the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Before the death and resurrection Peter didn't even expect Jesus to be crucified.

glorydaz

You're confusing what Peter expected to happen before and after the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Before the death and resurrection Peter didn't even expect Jesus to be crucified.
I'm confusing nothing.

Peter didn't expect to be saved until Jesus returned in His glory. Acts 3

Paul preaches a present salvation when we believe. Eph. 2

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Please show where Peter preached "the sufficiency of the cross".
The Gospel of Mark is known to originate with Peter. Mark 14:23 " And [Jesus] took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it. 24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many."

So Peter knew by then, by the time Mark was being written, " how that Christ died for our sins" (1Co15:3)----that's what Jesus means by saying "My blood . . . is shed for many."

Peter didn't know it while it was happening, but he did know it by the time Mark was being written down.

Right Divider

Body part
The Gospel of Mark is known to originate with Peter. Mark 14:23 " And [Jesus] took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it. 24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many."
"For many"? Why not ALL?
1Tim 2:5-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:5) For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (2:6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
So Peter knew by then, by the time Mark was being written, " how that Christ died for our sins" (1Co15:3)----that's what Jesus means by saying "My blood . . . is shed for many."
Try again...

The "My blood... is shed for many" was specifically about the nation of Israel. (i.e., the new covenant).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 16:25-26 KJV
Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Can't be something that was not said by the prophets if Paul says it was.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
"For many"? Why not ALL?
You some sort of universalist?
Try again...

The "My blood... is shed for many" was specifically about the nation of Israel.
Saying it doesn't make it so.
(i.e., the new covenant).
I know that. What I do not know but that you all seem so certain of, is that the New Covenant definitely doesn't involve or include Gentiles, and isn't related to "Paul's Gospel to the uncircumcision." I don't know that.

Right Divider

Body part
Romans 16:25-26 KJV
Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Can't be something that was not said by the prophets if Paul says it was.
You misunderstand that scripture... it has TWO parts.

Rom 16:25-26 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (16:26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

The complete stablishment requires BOTH Paul's revelations AND the scriptures of the prophets.

God gave Paul the duty to fulfill the Word of God (i.e., to complete). Col 1:25

Right Divider

Body part
No, but there is a clear difference there. Are you blind?
It's just a fact.

Jer 31:31-34 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

glorydaz

You misunderstand that scripture... it has TWO parts.

The complete stablishment requires BOTH Paul's revelations AND the scriptures of the prophets.

God gave Paul the duty to fulfill the Word of God (i.e., to complete). Col 1:25
Amen.

One has to realize that had the "obedience of faith" been revealed to the Jews before Paul preached it, they would have given up the law long ago. They had this. Psalm 143:2 And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.

Some things were kept secret, even though they were there until God wanted them to be revealed. That happened with the Apostles. They couldn't see that Jesus would be killed even when Jesus told them plainly He would be. There is a lot to that word REVEALED, if you ask me.

Deut. 29:29 The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

glorydaz

I know that. What I do not know but that you all seem so certain of, is that the New Covenant definitely doesn't involve or include Gentiles, and isn't related to "Paul's Gospel to the uncircumcision." I don't know that.
It's a covenant. The covenants were with Israel.