These are NOT the same gospel

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Saying it doesn't make it so.
ROFL!
It sounds just as useless and unresponsive when you say it as it does when they say it!!!!
I honestly don't know how anyone thinks that is any kind of an actual response, because saying it doesn't make it false either.
But you hear that silly ass platitude alllllllllllll the time in discussions.

I know that. What I do not know but that you all seem so certain of, is that the New Covenant definitely doesn't involve or include Gentiles, and isn't related to "Paul's Gospel to the uncircumcision." I don't know that.
It's because they have a lack of understanding of the old testament prophesy of the new covenant, or else they just forgot that Gentiles were included.
Just as Gentiles were included in being circumcised of the heart and having gifts of the Spirit.

glorydaz

ROFL!
It sounds just as useless and unresponsive when you say it as it does when they say it!!!!
I honestly don't know how anyone thinks that is any kind of an actual response, because saying it doesn't make it false either.
But you hear that silly ass platitude alllllllllllll the time in discussions.

It's because they have a lack of understanding of the old testament prophesy of the new covenant, or else they just forgot that Gentiles were included.
Just as Gentiles were included in being circumcised of the heart and having gifts of the Spirit.
Tam, you're mashing everything together. Oil and water.

glorydaz

Just sounds like "Paul's Gospel to the uncircumcision" to me.
Seriously? And this? "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me,"

As members of the body, we have teachers, preachers, evangelists....all members of the same body. The quote above doesn't sound like Paul's gospel at all.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Seriously? And this? "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me,"
No. Just the excerpt I quoted.
As members of the body, we have teachers, preachers, evangelists....all members of the same body. The quote above doesn't sound like Paul's gospel at all.
The one I excerpted does.

Hoping

Banned
Then you should have no problem showing where the obedience of faith was spoken of by the prophets.
Paul was apparently aware of some..."Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen." (Rom 16:25-27)

David seemed to know too..."Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me." (Psalm 101:6)

Derf

Ah, so when Jesus was preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom, you think it was something besides the "Kingdom of Israel" on earth where He would sit upon the throne of David?
Yes, because the gospel of the kingdom was related to eternal life. Unless there are two paths to eternal life, then the gospels must converge.

[Mat 19:24-26 KJV] 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25 When his disciples heard [it], they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26 But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Hoping

Banned
Just that tiny portion, but the rest negates it from being Pauline.

The forgiveness of sins occurs immediately with Paul's gospel, but the rest will have to wait until the Lord returns.
Why did it not occur immediately in Paul's case..."And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16) ?

glorydaz

Yes, because the gospel of the kingdom was related to eternal life. Unless there are two paths to eternal life, then the gospels must converge.

[Mat 19:24-26 KJV] 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25 When his disciples heard [it], they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26 But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Of course there are two paths to eternal life. Even more, I'd say.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Just that tiny portion, but the rest negates it from being Pauline.
This is what I quoted (excerpted), Jeremiah 31:34 " for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Are you trying to tell me that this doesn't sound like "Paul's Gospel of the uncircumcision" to you? (1st Corinthians 15:3 " ...Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;" ("scriptures" like Jeremiah 31:34).)
The forgiveness of sins occurs immediately with Paul's gospel, but the rest will have to wait until the Lord returns.
Is it necessarily a dilemma? I think it could be both.

glorydaz

Why did it not occur immediately in Paul's case..."And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16) ?
It did happen right away, but Paul was baptized for the same reason Jesus was...to fulfill all righteousness.

Paul was a Jew, and first obeyed the Gospel of the Kingdom.
In fact, he began preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom...preaching Christ as the Messiah and the Son of God.

Acts 9:20-22
And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.
But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?
But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.

glorydaz

This is what I quoted (excerpted), Jeremiah 31:34 " for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Are you trying to tell me that this doesn't sound like "Paul's Gospel of the uncircumcision" to you?

Is it necessarily a dilemma? I think it could be both.
It's not a dilemma for me, but it might be so for the Jews. They will have to endure to the end to have their sins blotted out.