These are NOT the same gospel

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It can simply mean the power of God is nigh unto you. At hand, like 'nigh unto' can have nothing to do with time and space.

Luke 10:8-9
And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:
And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
It certainly could mean that in some verses about "kingdom".

I would imagine that they viewed the kingdom of God as an eternal one where there was no sickness, no unkindness, no injustice, etc.
The new heaven and new earth.
As images of God, believers could demonstrate a glimpse of what it would be like by exhibiting compassion, forgiveness, worship towards the only true Most High God, etc. in the here and now.

So many different layers to consider.
God bless our studies together.

Derf

Oh please. Let's just see about that. Here's one.... Did Paul ENACT this mystery or preach it?

Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Who is the "you", and why is that a mystery? Isn't it that the Gentiles would become a people of God? Wasn't that enacted through Paul?

glorydaz

Kingdom of heaven would denote the heavenly realm, not the earthly realm, would it not?
No, they were referring to the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth. God coming to the earth to rule. In fact, only Matthew spoke of the Kingdom of Heaven and he is the one who focused on Jesus being the KING of the Kingdom.

glorydaz

Who is the "you", and why is that a mystery? Isn't it that the Gentiles would become a people of God? Wasn't that enacted through Paul?
No, the gentiles being called was not a mystery. That's prophecy...."light to the gentiles".

One of the mysteries revealed by Paul was "Christ in you" speaking of the body of Christ and the indwelling Spirit.

Not just a temporary gift of the Spirit that came upon people, which happened throughout the OT, but a permanent indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Those who oppose Pauline mid-Acts dispensationalism need to answer just one question:

What did God need Paul for?
I oppose MAD because it's inconsistent just like every other Noncatholic ism.

But I answered this question in a prior post. It's evident that God needed Paul to 'finish the job' for Jesus, Who began preaching the 'DBR' to the other future Apostles before the 'DBR' happened. As was mentioned he was an astute Pharisee, knowing both the law and the prophets, knowing Jewish oral traditions, and he was personally devout, so he walked the talk, in a sense. He was also born and raised outside of Judea, in 'Gentile country', seeing firsthand what all these pagans were about. He probably was familiar with many pagan arguments against the God of Israel already. All of this contributed to Paul's 'features' and characteristics, but mainly it was his faith, a wild measure of it, that enabled him to become an Apostle and to be "with" the other Apostles.

And without him----God's chosen vessel----the Church and the New Covenant would have 'died on the vine', no doubt about it.

Thank God for Paul!

Right Divider

Body part
🤣 Are you going for funniest post of the day?
But I answered this question in a prior post. It's evident that God needed Paul to 'finish the job' for Jesus, Who began preaching the 'DBR' to the other future Apostles before the 'DBR' happened. As was mentioned he was an astute Pharisee, knowing both the law and the prophets, knowing Jewish oral traditions, and he was personally devout, so he walked the talk, in a sense. He was also born and raised outside of Judea, in 'Gentile country', seeing firsthand what all these pagans were about. He probably was familiar with many pagan arguments against the God of Israel already. All of this contributed to Paul's 'features' and characteristics, but mainly it was his faith, a wild measure of it, that enabled him to become an Apostle and to be "with" the other Apostles.

And without him----God's chosen vessel----the Church and the New Covenant would have 'died on the vine', no doubt about it.

Thank God for Paul!
  • The new covenant is between God and the nation and people of Israel, just like the Bible says (Jer 31 and Heb 8).
  • The church which is His body has nothing to do with any covenant.
  • The twelve were preaching the gospel of the kingdom WITHOUT any knowledge of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.
  • The gospel of the grace of God CANNOT be preached WITHOUT the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.

Derf

The mystery that Paul talks about is the body of Christ.
Glory is right, Gentile salvation was never a secret.

HOW they [we] ended up saved today IS part of the secret since it couldn't happen prior.
How the Jews ended up saved seemed to be equally mysterious, since the 12 took so long to grasp the idea of Jesus's DBR.

But I agree it's probably not their salvation, but their incorporation into the same group as the Jews.

Idolater

🤣 Are you going for funniest post of the day?

• The new covenant is between God and the nation and people of Israel, just like the Bible says (Jer 31 and Heb 8).
And Gentiles.
  • The church which is His body has nothing to do with any covenant.
Disagreed, the Church is New Covenant.
  • The twelve were preaching the gospel of the kingdom WITHOUT any knowledge of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.
Not without knowledge, but without apprehension and without understanding for sure, which even extended to after the 'DBR' and Ascension, until Old Paul came around to save the day. Or the bacon.
  • The gospel of the grace of God CANNOT be preached WITHOUT the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.
Then Jesus preached the Gospel of the grace of God to His future Apostles before the 'DBR' happened.

glorydaz

Thank God for Paul!
Nope, the work of the Apostles was basically done. They continued to obey what Jesus told them.

Matthew 10:5
These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

The church has nothing to do with the new covenant.
Paul's gospel to the gentiles is taking place during a gap in the prophetic timeline.
The New Covenant is with Israel and was postponed until Jesus returns in Glory.

glorydaz

How the Jews ended up saved seemed to be equally mysterious, since the 12 took so long to grasp the idea of Jesus's DBR.

But I agree it's probably not their salvation, but their incorporation into the same group as the Jews.
What incorporation are you talking about?

Idolater

Nope, the work of the Apostles was basically done. They continued to obey what Jesus told them.

Matthew 10:5
These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
But isn't that different from the Great Commission at the end of that same book of Matthew?
The church has nothing to do with the new covenant.
Paul's gospel to the gentiles is taking place during a gap in the prophetic timeline.
The New Covenant is with Israel and was postponed until Jesus returns in Glory.
Do you agree that Jesus preached the 'DBR' to the future Apostles before the 'DBR' happened?

Right Divider

Body part
And Gentiles.
Nope.
Jer 31:31-34 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Just Israel.
Disagreed, the Church is New Covenant.
You're wrong, as usual.
Not without knowledge, but without apprehension and without understanding for sure,
Then there were NOT preaching the DBR as part of the gospel of the kingdom.
which even extended to after the 'DBR' and Ascension, until Old Paul came around to save the day. Or the bacon.
Nowhere can you find the 12 being faulted for their preaching the kingdom of God without the DBR. (Hint: the gospel of the kingdom is about the kingdom).
Then Jesus preached the Gospel of the grace of God to His future Apostles before the 'DBR' happened.
🤪